How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, I THINK view angle is in the Machinima sidebar under "Camera," nearish the bottom.

Field of View, f-number, and Focal length are in the same sidebar, a bit higher up, under "Depth of Field."

Heck, yes! I will try it out when I'm done camping this lucky board for this skin in a format nobody uses anymore for a free head LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

However, Myra Wildmist did a super series in Kultivate on simulating different lens types a number of years ago. This is what she says:

When you take a snapshot in Second Life, you’re essentially using a 50mm lens: The default settings are almost the same as a standard 50mm lens. I say, almost the same, because most 50mm lenses in real life have an angle of view around 48 degrees. The SL default camera angle of view (View angle in Phototools.) is set to 1.047 radians or 60 degrees. They probably do that because 60 degrees is the focused field of view of a typical human eye, so it’s more comfortable to set the angle of view of SL at 60 degrees for normal viewing.

https://kultivatemagazine.com/2016/07/25/sl-photography-simulating-popular-lenses-in-phototools/

Well, Myra and I kind of agrees:

50mm ~ 48 degrees FOV
SL Cam = 60 degrees FOV = 12 degrees wider field of view than a 50mm - so a slightly wider angle lens like a 35
(I rounded down from the 37.469987986050846 mm a 60 deg FOV would be on a 24x36 (or 2:3 aspect ratio sensor/screen - while Myra rounds up a bit ;) )

To stay somewhat on topic, here's how I look when viewed in 24.1 deg  FOV or through an approx 100mm lens :D

Snapshot_15576psx.thumb.jpg.140b9fa071dff2c5fe98afc8a6fb55c4.jpg

Edited by taisiyakarpenko
  • Like 21

I opened an account specific to Emma but for some unknown reasons I can't post pictures saved on my computer with that account, just URL. Since I don't have the time to investigate right now, I guess Isaac will have to keep sharing his account for picture purposes.

The picture below is not Emily in Paris but Emma in rural France 😄

Emma_02.02.2022_006.png

• Like 19

6 hours ago, Isaac Ashton said:

I opened an account specific to Emma but for some unknown reasons I can't post pictures saved on my computer with that account, just URL. Since I don't have the time to investigate right now, I guess Isaac will have to keep sharing his account for picture purposes.

The picture below is not Emily in Paris but Emma in rural France 😄

Emma_02.02.2022_006.png

New forum accounts can't upload images right away. I'm not sure if the feature becomes available after a certain amount of time, or a certain number of posts, or a certain reputation score. If it's one of the latter two, well you better get her in here and chatting!

In the meantime you could use something like Gyazo, Flicr or Imgur to get urls for her pics.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

New forum accounts can't upload images right away. I'm not sure if the feature becomes available after a certain amount of time, or a certain number of posts, or a certain reputation score. If it's one of the latter two, well you better get her in here and chatting!

In the meantime you could use something like Gyazo, Flicr or Imgur to get urls for her pics.

Thanks. After a bit of thinking I came to the same conclusion as you. At first I didn't want to get a specific SL account for Emma. She was just an experiment I made with things I had in Isaac's inventory. But reading some other threads and some comments after I posted her first pictures I just became curious to discover SL from a different perspective, the feminine one, which I hadn't really considered in all my years in SL (I guess only idiots don't change their minds). And since I didn't want to move around SL as a woman with Isaac's account, I officially created his little sister Emma almost two weeks ago and I have played alternatively one or the other ever since. I am pleasantly surprised so far. I've even found a renewed interest in SL, which was boring me lately.

That being said, I've remembered an old account on servimg which I could use in the meantime. So here's the color version of the picture posted before by Isaac:

emma_011.png

• Like 16