How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

5 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Motion capture animation update for Catwa's Daniel head, at last! I've been taking pics while Skell flirts with me ;)

37250846011_5d239e6d8c_b.jpg

The video I saw on Catwa's flickr looked amazing. I grabbed the demos for Sofia and Hanaku? at lunch today but haven't had a chance to play with them.

*hands Daros a taser* He'll need it to keep the grabby hands off Skell. =~.^=

Edited by Clover Jinx
  • Like 3

I look like a floating head, but I found Clover!!!

I've tried almost every bento head since this whole bento thing started and I'm just exhausted. Here I was in the front of the "yay bento!" group and it feels like I'm one of the last to finally get a bento head. (I'm not counting those of you still rockin' the system head). There were always too many cons and not enough pros or I could get only one aspect of the face to look right. I so wanted to take a hatchet to some of them and use the eyes from one, the nose from another and mouth from yet a third. This was almost as bad as the Great Neko Ears and Tail Search from 2009-2011.

59c5d2028488b_cloversofia.thumb.jpg.cad41df306ce7020717c6337f04c676d.jpg

I still have to sweet talk Rhonda or maybe try to find enough crystals cause I spend all my linden on FLF and gachas. =x.x=

This is Catwa's Sofia and she is who I've been waiting for even without pointy teeth! The mocap animations are so lovely and fun, I've been playing with the demo all night instead of blooging. =~.~=

59c5cddf01232_cloversofia2.thumb.jpg.1efe322756929abeffb77dc0e98b7cd1.jpg

Here's the default shape that I started with.

59c5d24351bcf_sofiadefault.thumb.jpg.d2f28641096ffb390dbf252cdf5c8411.jpg

Thank you if you made it this far. (I really shouldn't have chocolate brownie ice cream this late at night.)

tl;dr ~ just look at the pictures!

• Like 13

57 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

I've tried almost every bento head since this whole bento thing started and I'm just exhausted. Here I was in the front of the "yay bento!" group and it feels like I'm one of the last to finally get a bento head. (I'm not counting those of you still rockin' the system head). There were always too many cons and not enough pros or I could get only one aspect of the face to look right. I so wanted to take a hatchet to some of them and use the eyes from one, the nose from another and mouth from yet a third. This was almost as bad as the Great Neko Ears and Tail Search from 2009-2011.

59c5d2028488b_cloversofia.thumb.jpg.cad41df306ce7020717c6337f04c676d.jpg

I still have to sweet talk Rhonda or maybe try to find enough crystals cause I spend all my linden on FLF and gachas. =x.x=

This is Catwa's Sofia and she is who I've been waiting for even without pointy teeth! The mocap animations are so lovely and fun, I've been playing with the demo all night instead of blooging. =~.~=

59c5cddf01232_cloversofia2.thumb.jpg.1efe322756929abeffb77dc0e98b7cd1.jpg

Here's the default shape that I started with.

59c5d24351bcf_sofiadefault.thumb.jpg.d2f28641096ffb390dbf252cdf5c8411.jpg

Thank you if you made it this far. (I really shouldn't have chocolate brownie ice cream this late at night.)

tl;dr ~ just look at the pictures!

I love how you've modified her - and yes, she is the perfect Clover.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Put a sign in the art show that gives out a notecard with a brief description of my art business

sign pic_009.png

Where is this opening? Don't know if you mentioned it before, but I'll stop by if pesky RL doesn't prevent it.

Edited by Sagadin
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

The video I saw on Catwa's flickr looked amazing. I grabbed the demos for Sofia and Hanaku? at lunch today but haven't had a chance to play with them.

You are going to have so much fun with them. The animations are amazing. I can't wait for the update to my Shaheen head (which should be in the next day or so; Catwa has been working like a crazy thing to get all of these updates done in less than a week) because they're going to look different again on him.

6 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Isn't that a fantastic moment? I kind of had it with Skell last night, when I was taking the pic that ended up at the top of this page. I was already comfortable with how he looked, but Skell has - for the past few years - had two sides: his fashionisto side (the one that changes all the time) and his everyday side (which is his sort of fashionisto-downtime look). It was the second side I was having trouble fixing into place, but that pic at the top of this page is pretty much Everyday Skell, and the subtle facial animations (because I clicked off the more fun ones for everyday use) just make him feel even more real.

If that last word didn't make sense, consider the point that I've often made here: that I have a habit of interchanging 'me' and 'Skell' when it comes to referring to my avatar. After ten years he feels - to me - like a person in his own right, so when I say that he feels 'real', he resembles what I think Skell himself would look like IRL if he were piloting his own avatar. (Er, I still don't think that makes any sense, and I've gone waaaay too meta here if I think too hard about it, but hey...)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sagadin said:

Where is this opening? Don't know if you mentioned it before, but I'll stop by if pesky RL doesn't prevent it.

This is the surl for the July August show, I am pretty sure the September October show is in the same spot

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Water Haven/65/132/26

the opening is at 1pm SL time, not sure how soon before that the gallery gets open to the public. 

If I find out it is a different location I'll post a new link.

I tested it,the link works.

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

You are going to have so much fun with them. The animations are amazing. I can't wait for the update to my Shaheen head (which should be in the next day or so; Catwa has been working like a crazy thing to get all of these updates done in less than a week) because they're going to look different again on him.

Isn't that a fantastic moment? I kind of had it with Skell last night, when I was taking the pic that ended up at the top of this page. I was already comfortable with how he looked, but Skell has - for the past few years - had two sides: his fashionisto side (the one that changes all the time) and his everyday side (which is his sort of fashionisto-downtime look). It was the second side I was having trouble fixing into place, but that pic at the top of this page is pretty much Everyday Skell, and the subtle facial animations (because I clicked off the more fun ones for everyday use) just make him feel even more real.

If that last word didn't make sense, consider the point that I've often made here: that I have a habit of interchanging 'me' and 'Skell' when it comes to referring to my avatar. After ten years he feels - to me - like a person in his own right, so when I say that he feels 'real', he resembles what I think Skell himself would look like IRL if he were piloting his own avatar. (Er, I still don't think that makes any sense, and I've gone waaaay too meta here if I think too hard about it, but hey...)

I hadn't heard about the update myself until I saw your post here, so thanks for the heads-up.   (pun intended)

I liked the look of it before, but my av always seemed so serious all the time - and my friends will tell you I'm usually just the opposite.

Now he's looking like he's finally managed to lighten up a little.

092317_004.png

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Question for all you Mesh Heads :D - I keep seeing ads that say things like "shape for blah-blah mesh head".  Do mesh heads actually require special shapes, made specifically for them?

mine didnt require a special shape, but i wonder of you get another shape if it works the same on all heads, so if you use it on a different head you get different results than what is pictured.

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Question for all you Mesh Heads :D - I keep seeing ads that say things like "shape for blah-blah mesh head".  Do mesh heads actually require special shapes, made specifically for them?

It depends on the head. Some of them (because of the way they're rigged) require that you use a specific starter shape and work from there. If you try to put those heads on over your usual shape, your face will probably look absolutely terrible. Conversely, take off the head and just wear the starter shape with a system skin and you'll see why the head doesn't work on your normal shape; the starter face shapes are really odd-looking without the mesh head over the top of them and show that what constitute 'normal' slider settings for a system avatar won't be enough for those mesh heads.

The premade shapes that you see in stores and on MP are created for specific heads (but can sometimes be worn with interesting effect on other mesh heads, especially within the same brand) and serve as a good starting point for those who are not confident in their shape-making skills.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

It depends on the head. Some of them (because of the way they're rigged) require that you use a specific starter shape and work from there. If you try to put those heads on over your usual shape, your face will probably look absolutely terrible. Conversely, take off the head and just wear the starter shape with a system skin and you'll see why the head doesn't work on your normal shape; the starter face shapes are really odd-looking without the mesh head over the top of them and show that what constitute 'normal' slider settings for a system avatar won't be enough for those mesh heads.

The premade shapes that you see in stores and on MP are created for specific heads (but can sometimes be worn with interesting effect on other mesh heads, especially within the same brand) and serve as a good starting point for those who are not confident in their shape-making skills.

I find staying within the same creator's shapes makes a difference. Today, I found a Genesis Lab head in my inventory I totally forgot I had. Not even sure when I got it although I'm sure it was a recent Gacha  - "Anis" Rare.  I put on the shape which came in the box and ugh, it was terrible. Hated it. Put on another Genesis and it was perfect. Gave me a sort of wide eyed Twiggy/Keane/Blythe doll look.

Experimenting is fun and sometimes you wind up with unique, unexpected looks.  I posted the photo in the Vanity thread today if interested.

Edited by Elora Lunasea
tried to post photo but it didn't quite work

Sounds like when I finally decide to give mesh heads a try, I'll be dealing with double the headaches that I had in finding a new skin when I got a mesh body........ Fun  O.o

It's a good think I don't give a crap about having the latest and greatest looking body parts.  Otherwise SL just might drive me crazy these days. 

• Like 3