How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Amending the full skin post.  I grabbed the free classic meshbody and the free Genus strong head.  Went to Free Dove and got the free full body skin from 7D skins.  There IS a serious issue with the neck.  I have a feeling it's the head actually.  I turned off (I think, since the Genus hud is whack) any materials.  So, using a full body skin DOES NOT guarantee a seamless neck.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Amending the full skin post.  I grabbed the free classic meshbody and the free Genus strong head.  Went to Free Dove and got the free full body skin from 7D skins.  There IS a serious issue with the neck.  I have a feeling it's the head actually.  I turned off (I think, since the Genus hud is whack) any materials.  So, using a full body skin DOES NOT guarantee a seamless neck.  

7DS has released a free neck fix as they're aware of issues with skins prior to February 2022. It's available at their mainstore, on the right handside of the counter as you enter the store.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sofia Gray said:

I've been playing around with different depth of field tutorials.  Liked the outcome of this shot ❤️

blossomj.jpg

It's a great pic!! Honestly, just play with the settings until you get what you like.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

It's a great pic!! Honestly, just play with the settings until you get what you like.

Thank you! Depth of field doesn’t work for me if I shoot in high resolution… I usually have to edit in post to get the effect I want!  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, EmmaAsht0n said:

7DS has released a free neck fix as they're aware of issues with skins prior to February 2022. It's available at their mainstore, on the right handside of the counter as you enter the store.

That's good to know since I send people to Free Dove to pick up the free skins from 7D without knowing there was an issue.  Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sofia Gray said:

Thank you! Depth of field doesn’t work for me if I shoot in high resolution… I usually have to edit in post to get the effect I want!  

I'm not sure if that depends on our hardware or graphics card settings (or driver version). 

2 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I'm not sure if that depends on our hardware or graphics card settings (or driver version). 

In Firestorm, I've noticed that taking photos in world with shallow DOF works best if the picture resolution is 3000 at the wide end or less.

Here's one shot I took a few months ago with Firestorm. I used the mouse pointer as my focal point to keep the face in focus. I don't think this is too dependent on hardware; my main laptop PC runs a 8th Gen Intel i7, and has a Nvidia GTX 1050 as the dedicated GPU. The shot is 2000x1061 res. I think this is a well documented effect... might have come across it from a blog post by @Nalates Urriah.

BackdropCity-escalator-JFranz-22Jan2022.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1