Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

In Skell news, it's General Election day here in the UK. I dragged my arse out to vote just before lunchtime then came home for a nice cuppa and a browse of my favourite political hashtag: #dogsatpollingstations. If you need some fuzzy cuteness (Clover, please close your eyes and ignore the daft furry buggers there!) then click on over for a smile or two.

Hey there's some cats in there! All those pics are adorable.

It took me a year to even think about another furbaby after I lost my Mal. My pics of her are on my old phone but she was a gorgeous torti and the best cat that ever chose me.

These two goofs have to work overtime to try to fill her paws.

Boys2.thumb.jpg.e8725b1e79842226406fd9c01bfe4692.jpgBoys.jpg.0594532b3db755d3b2e9ab3beed0b637.jpg

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

It took me a year to even think about another furbaby after I lost my Mal. My pics of her are on my old phone but she was a gorgeous torti and the best cat that ever chose me.

My previous cat was a tortie and I had her from roughly 3 years old until about 12 years.  I grew up with cats, but my Callie was truly the best cat I ever had.  After she passed, it was about 8 years before I got another cat.  I let my husband have some Huskies for a while in the meantime.  When they passed on, I was finally ready to get a new cat.  I now have two and while one of them is almost as great as Callie was, it still isn't quite the same.

• Like 3

I lost one of my furbabies in April. My heart still hasn't healed but after finding a mouse in my house the other day (since barbarically trapped and killed), and having another cat who won't deign to jump higher than 12 inches, I feel like I need another mouser. Oh the hell of living in the country!

Edited by HoneyBear Lilliehook
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

... and having another cat who won't deign to jump higher than 12 inches, I feel like I need another mouser...

The 12-inch maximum hurdle rating disqualifies the cat?  Just HOW BIG are those Texas mice?? 

I have recently had to set traps in my studio. Mousie came right up onto the table next to my desk to thumb his little whiskered nose at me.  I swore I heard him say "Hey lardball, you're slackin' on the Pop-Tart crumbs! Lets get with it." 

I've had a couple of rounds of success with the traps, a bittersweet victory at best.  *sigh*

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 4

Lil... :)

I neglected to add - for those of you who have lost furbabies in recent memory: *gentle hugs*   

I do know the hurt.  They fill our hearts and become so valuable to us.  I have two little mellow, loving dogs who own my heart.  The world is much less hurtful when I feel their soft fur leaning quietly against my ankle.  May your memories be sweet and comforting. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

The 12-inch maximum hurdle rating disqualifies the cat?  Just HOW BIG are those Texas mice?? 

I have recently had to set traps in my studio. Mousie came right up onto the table next to my desk to thumb his little whiskered nose at me.  I swore I heard him say "Hey lardball, you're slackin' on the Pop-Tart crumbs! Lets get with it." 

I've had a couple of rounds of success with the traps, a bittersweet victory at best.  *sigh*

Mouse was on the countertop. My dearly departed kitty had no such qualms and would jump to the counters, despite my frequent yells to get off them.

The other one....hmpf. He CAN jump on my desk, but only when annoying me becomes a priority.

• Like 3

Y'all ever look in C/Users/*your name*/AppData/Roaming/Secondlife     ?

Every mis-spelling of an avatar name you've ever fumbled through when trying to log in has its own folder in there.  It is kinda fun to look.

in a desperate, geeky, bored, nerd kinda way. 

I wonder who "CErces Ningtosp" was, and if that person was any fun .

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Good morning people!  Courtesy of yours truly's garden :x

bouquet.jpg

Beautiful flowers, Elora. My Tradescant rose is in full, glorious-scented bloom in the garden at the moment, rambling up the fence (it's a shrub rose, but I've tied it so that it makes its way along the fence) and making me smile every time I glance out of the kitchen window.

For anyone who has ruffled feathers today, for any reason, have what I'm listening to:

• Like 5

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:43 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

My previous cat was a tortie and I had her from roughly 3 years old until about 12 years.  I grew up with cats, but my Callie was truly the best cat I ever had.  After she passed, it was about 8 years before I got another cat.  I let my husband have some Huskies for a while in the meantime.  When they passed on, I was finally ready to get a new cat.  I now have two and while one of them is almost as great as Callie was, it still isn't quite the same.

To you and Clover....our departed tortie was much the same. She owned the hearts of the males at our house both human and feline. Owned. I miss her like crazy. And wow, could she jump! Just a little thing but legs like you wouldn't believe.

• Like 2

FYI, for those of you who enjoy Ghosty's playlists, he's spinning tunes this evening at 6 pm SLT...at his place.  I don't have the LM, but will get it to everyone later (or maybe Elora has it?).

Here's the info Ghosty sent out:

** Friday, my house, 6pm SLT.** It's a "sensible beats" set, with softer EDM, dream pop, psychill and fuzzy indie blended into a mix that soothes the senses while nudging your urge to dance. The set starts promptly at 6; do show a bit early so you don't miss any of the aural goodness.

I have no idea what most of that means, but I'm going anyway! :D

ETA:  Here's the slurl: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lilliam/13/164/22

Edited by Maureen Boccaccio
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Beautiful flowers, Elora. My Tradescant rose is in full, glorious-scented bloom in the garden at the moment, rambling up the fence (it's a shrub rose, but I've tied it so that it makes its way along the fence) and making me smile every time I glance out of the kitchen window

I have Tradescant as well!  It's not quite in the right spot, a bit too shady for it's likes, but blooms.

In fact, I mis-wrote above. Tradescant is in that bouquet, although very few. The Reine des Violettes, alas, has yet to bloom this year.  We had to move it last autumn for a couple of days due to having new stairs built at our back door.  Until a few weeks ago I was sure it was a goner and was about to have it shovel pruned. Here in the States the roses typically wake up late March/Early April.  Well, a day after I wrote my landscaper to pull it, I woke up to see it leafing out!  Made me quite happy as I lost one of my favorites a few years ago due to pesticide off-drift; "Neptune" - a stunning soft lilac.  

Nice to have another Rosarian in the group :x  I love my small garden and have squeezed in as many roses that I'm able (12 currently, various types).

Edited by Elora Lunasea
Thought I wrote out all rose names, did not so hope this wasn't confusing
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Nice to have another Rosarian in the group :x  I love my small garden and have squeezed in as many roses that I'm able (12 currently, various types).

I have seven rose bushes in a plot next to the front porch, but I have not a clue what kind any of them are.  They came with the house and I have such a black thumb that I'm amazed they are still alive after the 27 yrs of me caring for them.  We even transplanted one last year due to a new porch roof going in - and it not only survived the transplanting, but is thriving.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

FYI, for those of you who enjoy Ghosty's playlists, he's spinning tunes this evening at 6 pm SLT...at his place.  I don't have the LM, but will get it to everyone later (or maybe Elora has it?).

Here's the info Ghosty sent out:

** Friday, my house, 6pm SLT.** It's a "sensible beats" set, with softer EDM, dream pop, psychill and fuzzy indie blended into a mix that soothes the senses while nudging your urge to dance. The set starts promptly at 6; do show a bit early so you don't miss any of the aural goodness.

I have no idea what most of that means, but I'm going anyway! :D

Haha OMG I forgot it's at his place!

Landmark

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lilliam/30/154/751

• Like 1