Jump to content
Maureen Boccaccio

Just Ignore and let this one die

Recommended Posts

ThePixelFactor appears to be a parody/meme site. 

Damnit. 

EDIT: I do, however, find references to "The Vin Diesel Kojak Movie" elsewhere. 

(I just couldn't figure out how to delete this post.)

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

ThePixelFactor appears to be a parody/meme site. 

Damnit. 

EDIT: I do, however, find references to "The Vin Diesel Kojak Movie" elsewhere. 

(I just couldn't figure out how to delete this post.)

Because you cannot "delete" any post.  The closest you can come is to edit it and remove everything except a single character - and you have to do that within 24 hours.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Wikipedia (so who knows?)

Universal Pictures is planning to make a film version of Kojak, with Neal Purvis and Robert Wade to write the script for the film and Vin Diesel will star as Kojak and produced the film with Samantha Vincent. Philip Gawthorne will construct a new draft for the film and Scott Stuber And Dylan Clark will produce the film.

On June 19, 2015 it was reported in media outlets that playwright Philip Gawthorne is on board for the new Kojak movie being written for Universal. Kojak is being produced by Diesel’s Universal-based One Race Films with Scott Stuber and Dylan Clark. Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, the writing team behind James Bond films including The World Is Not Enough and Skyfall, joined the project in 2012 to write a previous draft. Kristin Lowe and Jay Polidoro will oversee Kojak for the studio.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, in case anyone is interested, the weekly Bay City Rumble takes place tonight at 7 pm SLT.  This week is the Cannonsphere Run, in which we race cars from Truro to the Bay City Fairgrounds and back.

I don't have a slurl for the starting point in Truro, but I'll get one later today and add it to this post.

ETA:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bay City - Truro/127/225/25

Edited by Maureen Boccaccio
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Because you cannot "delete" any post.  The closest you can come is to edit it and remove everything except a single character - 

Ahh thank you!  Good to know.  In that case I've downloaded this single character for future use on such an occasion:

single character.jpg

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

Ahh thank you!  Good to know.  In that case I've downloaded this single character for future use on such an occasion:

single character.jpg

Here's the single character I'll use...

8008481_1066802218.jpg

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

Mine:

c9926bfa574f2fb3b4a6c1fe60259592.jpg

Rhonda was always saying Fiona from Burn Notice and I were very similar. I think it's the hair...

Nice gun - I want.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:47 AM, Elora Lunasea said:

I guess it depends on what you want to spend but seems most private estates are way overpriced so one really needs to look around. I can't even imagine living on Mainland anymore although plenty still do.  

Au contraire, Madame. I am proud to be a Corsican and shall defend it to the last!

Although truth to tell, I haven't visited my pretty cottage (not my work, either: I am rather utilitarian) in quite some time. Nonetheless, Corsica for me. Like Xerxes, I had some catchup to do. I was last here before the end of Page 41, it seems. I'll add a quality to a comment Xerxes made. Some people are consistent. They don't swing with the current, they don't shift in the breeze. I don't know him but from his posts on this Forum I suspect Xerxes himself to be one of those people. Clover I know is, same goes for Madelaine (obviously: the Jack Elam crush has always given me post material), and Marianne to the Nines, as everyone knows. I hope I am one of those also.

Although there are some who are consistent that we might wish would go away. Hmm, how to word this?. Okay, Jeopardy question! Category is Forum Descriptions. Six letter word, second two characters are frequently written as $$. I'm pretty sure we can all name one, but at least he was consistent. Good or bad, I prefer that quality in people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corsica is pretty nice.

Circuit De Corse is a nice drive to introduce someone to SL highway travel.   Is it a MUCH lovelier and less problematic drive than anything on Sansara with a lot of variety in the scenery and in the roadway styles. One can easily complete it in 90 minutes or less (sometimes a lot less) and it is impressive to many when you come back around to where you began.  

The only tricky bit is that charming bridge at Fisher's Rest, which is easily managed if you use a narrow-ish vehicle or one that can fly. 

Fishers Rest_001.png

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW I would happily show these places to any of you!  We could drive the circuit if we can work out a time.  I enjoy doing the Park Ranger gig. :) 

I apologize for making a boor of myself.  I just really geek out over this world we share and I hope to entice others to go out and see it.

I'll try to preach less. 

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Au contraire, Madame. I am proud to be a Corsican and shall defend it to the last!

Although truth to tell, I haven't visited my pretty cottage (not my work, either: I am rather utilitarian) in quite some time. Nonetheless, Corsica for me. Like Xerxes, I had some catchup to do. I was last here before the end of Page 41, it seems. I'll add a quality to a comment Xerxes made. Some people are consistent. They don't swing with the current, they don't shift in the breeze. I don't know him but from his posts on this Forum I suspect Xerxes himself to be one of those people. Clover I know is, same goes for Madelaine (obviously: the Jack Elam crush has always given me post material), and Marianne to the Nines, as everyone knows. I hope I am one of those also.

Although there are some who are consistent that we might wish would go away. Hmm, how to word this?. Okay, Jeopardy question! Category is Forum Descriptions. Six letter word, second two characters are frequently written as $$. I'm pretty sure we can all name one, but at least he was consistent. Good or bad, I prefer that quality in people.

I have no idea what on earth you're talking about here.

I voiced my own personal opinion of where I prefer living in SL. I never said anything against anyone.  Consistency has nothing to do with preferences.  I have moved for many reasons; landlords pulling out from owning the property, being griefed by megaprims, being harrassed by neighbors, not having the money to support land at any point in time, etc.  I've lived on several Mainland areas - some have been great, some not so much.  I settled where I am for probably close to 2 years now because it is run by a friend, and many of my friends already lived there. Good friends, some I've now met in RL.  

I've known Xerxes probably since I arrived in SL nearly 10 years ago. I'm one of the core group of people in that group from the very beginning.  Not good friends, but everyone in the Forum Cartel were friendly with each other back then.

 

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

Anyone else have a gacha hangover from the Arcade? No? Just me then, but I got so many pretties!

How did you even get in? I never can manage for at least the first week.

I go to the Seraphin Yardsale and pickup stuff there. Whatever I can't buy at the sale, I wait until the SL gods allow me into the sim LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

How did you even get in? I never can manage for at least the first week.

I go to the Seraphin Yardsale and pickup stuff there. Whatever I can't buy at the sale, I wait until the SL gods allow me into the sim LOL

I got lucky with the 3rd LM (didn't even need to get out the hammer), managed to get the demos I wanted and played my random 1-2 pulls on several machines (won a couple rares). I usually hit the yardsale to get the matching colors or the one common I want after weeding things out through demos.

I'm always up for trading too. I really need to make a list, I have several not-Maitreya things I can't use.

 

1 hour ago, eighthdwarf Checchinato said:

I haven't done anything Gacha yet. Neither played the Gacha machines, nor bought any Gachas on the MP or elsewhere.

Dunno, somehow I don't like the whole concept. But to each their own. :D

I completely understand both sides of the gacha discussion. For me, it's just a fun little surprise Rhonda lets me splurge on.

I'm really fond of gachas at the charity events like RFL and I've even come across some yardsales that the proceeds go to charities like clean water projects.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

I got lucky with the 3rd LM (didn't even need to get out the hammer), managed to get the demos I wanted and played my random 1-2 pulls on several machines (won a couple rares). I usually hit the yardsale to get the matching colors or the one common I want after weeding things out through demos.

I'm always up for trading too. I really need to make a list, I have several not-Maitreya things I can't use.

 

I completely understand both sides of the gacha discussion. For me, it's just a fun little surprise Rhonda lets me splurge on.

I'm really fond of gachas at the charity events like RFL and I've even come across some yardsales that the proceeds go to charities like clean water projects.

 

Oh goodness Clover I have tons of duplicate Arcade items from whenever!

If there's something you want, hit me up inworld. I'll see if I have it in my inventory. I'd be happy to get some of those out. I keep thinking I should just rez all of them out on a platform on my land and let whomever wants them have them!

I've gotten a lot pickier about them, but I'm still fairly addicted and have nobody to stop me LOL. 

L

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Oh goodness Clover I have tons of duplicate Arcade items from whenever!

If there's something you want, hit me up inworld. I'll see if I have it in my inventory. I'd be happy to get some of those out. I keep thinking I should just rez all of them out on a platform on my land and let whomever wants them have them!

I've gotten a lot pickier about them, but I'm still fairly addicted and have nobody to stop me LOL. 

L

hehehe you and I may be talking in the very near future. I plan to make my list "free to a good home" or just toss me something in trade. I'm not picky.

One of my all time favorite random SL meetings was this lovely avatar with gorgeous fairy wings. She went on and on about how cute my avatar was and when I explained it was a hunt gift and which store to look for it at she gifted me with a few gacha extras she had from trying to win those wings. I still have the encounter saved on a notecard.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I have no idea what on earth you're talking about here.

I voiced my own personal opinion of where I prefer living in SL. I never said anything against anyone.  Consistency has nothing to do with preferences.  I have moved for many reasons; landlords pulling out from owning the property, being griefed by megaprims, being harrassed by neighbors, not having the money to support land at any point in time, etc.  I've lived on several Mainland areas - some have been great, some not so much.  I settled where I am for probably close to 2 years now because it is run by a friend, and many of my friends already lived there. Good friends, some I've now met in RL.  

I've known Xerxes probably since I arrived in SL nearly 10 years ago. I'm one of the core group of people in that group from the very beginning.  Not good friends, but everyone in the Forum Cartel were friendly with each other back then.

 

My apologies. I was taking a great deal of license (with what I hoped was a humorous slant) with the second sentence in which you had said you couldn't imagine anyone living on Mainland any more. Once again, my  attempt at humor fell a bit short. Again, my apologies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

Corsica is pretty nice.

Circuit De Corse is a nice drive to introduce someone to SL highway travel.   Is it a MUCH lovelier and less problematic drive than anything on Sansara with a lot of variety in the scenery and in the roadway styles. One can easily complete it in 90 minutes or less (sometimes a lot less) and it is impressive to many when you come back around to where you began.  

The only tricky bit is that charming bridge at Fisher's Rest, which is easily managed if you use a narrow-ish vehicle or one that can fly. 

Fishers Rest_001.png

I have driven Circuit de Corse many times and you're right, that bridge can be a bit tricky at the 'staggers'. I could get through in my Lotus 7 but I had to use caution.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...