Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

1 hour ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

I went back to check. No can do. 

A man can't be mister frilly britches unless he spends gobs of money for a mesh avatar.  Not available for "classic" avatars in (doesn't)fitmesh. 

Somehow I think the guys who would wear those pants are already going to have a mesh avi.

37 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

*wants to see Skell rock the red ones* Moar colour! =~.~=

Too late. I just bought the black ones ;)

Colour? ME??? Are you insane?! :P 

ETA: This is my shopping list for June 2017. It's one of those rare months when TMD pulls an absolute blinder and Skell's wallet empties faster than a pint five minutes before last orders are called...

593800c0baa26_TMDShoppingListJune2017.JPG.8c2939c73615e5c07a90c1987aea81a4.JPG

(Yes, I demo and then note on the demo itself what I want to buy, what I want to fatpack, and what I might buy if I have any money left after the must-haves. And you wonder why I have a 150k inventory...)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

*wants to see Skell rock the red ones* Moar colour! =~.~=

I'm having a hard time picturing Skell in any color of those and while he makes damn near everything look good, making those look good will be difficult.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm having a hard time picturing Skell in any color of those and while he makes damn near everything look good, making those look good will be difficult.

The ad image is actually misleading. Yes, they're pants and yes they have a fringe, but they're not actually as short as they look. They end mid-calf and the full ad set includes some amazing boots to wear with them. I think the creator squished the ad vertically to fit it into the given space. Even I was a bit wary of them, given how much they look like 'hipped' jodhpurs, but they actually look pretty damn amazing when worn. The only problem will be finding a top to wear with them.

19 minutes ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

I think he'll need to post a pic.

Give me some time to get a look put together around them, and I will ;)

I've worn something similar (also by David Heather) before. He put out a pair of pants that had an added 'skirt'. Because I knew I'd get side-eyed for it (and because I'm a contrary bugger) I also added a feather boa, just to top it off...

14242646417_6c9fcd15b5_b.jpg

I ain't skurred of a skirt or a bit of fringe :P 

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

The ad image is actually misleading. Yes, they're pants and yes they have a fringe, but they're not actually as short as they look. They end mid-calf and the full ad set includes some amazing boots to wear with them. I think the creator squished the ad vertically to fit it into the given space. Even I was a bit wary of them, given how much they look like 'hipped' jodhpurs, but they actually look pretty damn amazing when worn. The only problem will be finding a top to wear with them.

Give me some time to get a look put together around them, and I will ;)

I've worn something similar (also by David Heather) before. He put out a pair of pants that had an added 'skirt'. Because I knew I'd get side-eyed for it (and because I'm a contrary bugger) I also added a feather boa, just to top it off...

14242646417_6c9fcd15b5_b.jpg

I ain't skurred of a skirt or a bit of fringe :P 

I swear, you could make a trash bag look good.  :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

Colour? ME??? Are you insane?! :P 

ETA: This is my shopping list for June 2017. It's one of those rare months when TMD pulls an absolute blinder and Skell's wallet empties faster than a pint five minutes before last orders are called...

593800c0baa26_TMDShoppingListJune2017.JPG.8c2939c73615e5c07a90c1987aea81a4.JPG

(Yes, I demo and then note on the demo itself what I want to buy, what I want to fatpack, and what I might buy if I have any money left after the must-haves. And you wonder why I have a 150k inventory...)

LOL figured you already had that's why I teased you.

I do something similar with demos as well. Did you mention this on your blog? That may be where I got it from.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

I do something similar with demos as well. Did you mention this on your blog? That may be where I got it from.

I might have done. I've been blethering on about stuff over there for four years now, so god knows if and when I said it!

OK, people. Since a challenge was (sort of) issued, and since I can't resist a challenge, here are the receipts:

593844d647504_LieDowninDarkness(1000).jpg.c006f1df01023bb9ca00a3fa9c59794b.jpg

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:13 AM, Skell Dagger said:

59342342c4181_LauriKalima.jpg.fc4e1d27f35e020d2b01fed2ab7ab25e.jpg

5 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I might have done. I've been blethering on about stuff over there for four years now, so god knows if and when I said it!

OK, people. Since a challenge was (sort of) issued, and since I can't resist a challenge, here are the receipts:

I see what you did there, Mr. Dagger.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

While you look fabulous, as always, I still do not like the pants.  They are only passable because of the body currently in them.

• Like 2

The forums are absolutely screwed for me today. Every time I try to type something here my cursor automatically moves to the left. I try to highlight part of a quote, and no sooner do I lift my finger from the mouse, the cursor goes to the start of the line again. It's bizarre watching the result of my typing, since it's completely backwards!

I've tried replacing my mouse (and yes, it's a wired one), changing my keyboard (likewise wired), rebooting my system, checking my drivers are all up-to-date. Nothing's working.

I'm only getting the problem here on this forum, nowhere else. I'm composing this in Notepad and it's just fine; no cursor issues there.

ETA: Eurgh, crap. I just tried posting on Facebook. It's happening there, too. Looks like it's not the forum, but a system issue. *sigh* I guess my day off tomorrow will be spent getting to the bottom of this.

Here's what I mean. I was typing 'Told you this was crazy!' in the reply box, and every second or so the cursor jumped left:

593947d01fc1c_backwardstypingwtf.gif.a4d4a493d1a099faaf7e7f821322d56a.gif

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3

After all that, it was my damn browser. I use Chrome for both SL and Facebook, so I tried logging into the forums on Firefox and the issue has gone away. Looks like I'll have to go through my Chrome extensions and see if any of those are causing the problem. At least that's going to be quicker than spending an entire day (and then some) checking all the hardware of my system...

11 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Oh that is weird, kinda like what dyslexics see.

And, um, sorry about last night :x

7a52c440-186f-a60c-bb94-875406042070.jpg

*snort!* You'll have people thinking we were up to something nefarious! Note to self: break out the rarity of white clothing when Clover is in group chat vicinity :P

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Here's what I mean. I was typing 'Told you this was crazy!' in the reply box, and every second or so the cursor jumped left:

593947d01fc1c_backwardstypingwtf.gif.a4d4a493d1a099faaf7e7f821322d56a.gif

Now that is freaky - not something I'd want to be debugging.  Good luck.

On 07/06/2017 at 3:05 AM, Xerxes Kingstop said:

A man can't be mister frilly britches unless he spends gobs of money for a mesh avatar.

Once I hit 500 posts and can edit that 'Advanced Member' under my name, Xerxes, I am absolutely changing it to 'Mister Frilly Britches'. It's just so Skellish :D

15 hours ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

I feel your pain :) I hit it last night!

I spent a stupendously ridiculous amount of money, but it was well worth it. I discovered at least a dozen new-to-me stores that are now on my radar, joined two groups (unheard of for me; I so rarely find anything that truly takes my breath away, and both of them were interior decor places), picked up some amazing freebies (plenty for the guys, for once; loved L&B's necklace and the gloves from Deadwool) and it didn't actually take all that long - lag notwithstanding - to get around all three regions. I guess that was helped by having 'show friends only' enabled in Firestorm, so god knows how many people I probably smacked into, even with having the minimap open and zoomed in close!

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While you look fabulous, as always, I still do not like the pants.  They are only passable because of the body currently in them.

To each their own, I always say. Most events that have male items tend toward the 'safer' stuff: jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, sneakers, etc., since that's what most guys want - the Mr Normal clothing. That's all well and good, but for most guys once they have a couple of good pairs of jeans, a few decent t-shirts and whatnot, that's it. No more shopping for them. The likes of me are one-man shopping machines, so give us the slightly weirder stuff we're craving and you'll have repeat customers for life. I wish more stores would realise this!

In Skell news, it's General Election day here in the UK. I dragged my arse out to vote just before lunchtime then came home for a nice cuppa and a browse of my favourite political hashtag: #dogsatpollingstations. If you need some fuzzy cuteness (Clover, please close your eyes and ignore the daft furry buggers there!) then click on over for a smile or two.

ETA:

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Now that is freaky - not something I'd want to be debugging.  Good luck.

I figured it out already. It was my browser. As soon as I switched from Chrome to Firefox, the issue went away. (It was also happening on Facebook, but nowhere else. I tried some other forums I'm a member of, in case it was forum-type software causing the problem, but those were fine.)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Once I hit 500 posts and can edit that 'Advanced Member' under my name, Xerxes, I am absolutely changing it to 'Mister Frilly Britches'. It's just so Skellish :D

I love it !!

16 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Most events that have male items tend toward the 'safer' stuff: jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, sneakers, etc., since that's what most guys want - the Mr Normal clothing. That's all well and good, but for most guys once they have a couple of good pairs of jeans, a few decent t-shirts and whatnot, that's it. No more shopping for them.

Sadly this is true, even in RL.  I've always felt sorry for guys not having the variety that women get.

• Like 2