Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

49 minutes ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

My sis had one of those - I think they were popular/afforable/widely available.  I remember being intrigued by the case being a different color on the inside.  I was ... young. 

My Dad had one of these...

Terminal-dec-vt52.jpg

I think they were not popular/affordable/widely available. I remember being intrigued by the control keys being a different color. I was... young(er than the rest of you apparently).

;-).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

My Dad had one of these...

Terminal-dec-vt52.jpg

I think they were not popular/affordable/widely available. I remember being intrigued by the control keys being a different color. I was... young(er than the rest of you apparently).

;-).

and I believe that was called a 'portable computer' at the time. hehehehe

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Amazing what we forget after so long out of typing class

I remember : 

"Repeat after me: ehh, ess, dee, eff, jay, kay, ell, sem, ehh, ess, dee, eff, jay, kay, ell, sem ...."

That, and the redhead who sat in front of me.  Freckles make me crazy. :) 

• Like 2

Just now, Xerxes Kingstop said:

and I believe that was called a 'portable computer' at the time. hehehehe

That wasn't even the computer. That's just a terminal. The computer was in a rack the size of a refrigerator. Yet you're right, it was a "minicomputer" and by the standards of the day, it was quite small. I very barely remember that thing. It wasn't until the next one that I really got interested. That was smaller, about the size of a tower PC and it had two terminals. I could chat with Dad in his office while he was in the shop (a few steps away). And so began my life of text chat.

I needn't explain its allure to anyone here.

• Like 4

Clover is out of town this weekend.  I know I'm supposed to feel sappy for missing her ... but I am thinking it would be funny to move in SL.  We have a Linden home we use

Oh!  Better yet, completely redo the house so it looks like someone else lives there now.  With a security orb that keeps sending her home ... which is at the Linden home. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Clover is out of town this weekend.  I know I'm supposed to feel sappy for missing her ... but I am thinking it would be funny to move in SL.  We have a Linden home we use

Oh!  Better yet, completely redo the house so it looks like someone else lives there now.  With a security orb that keeps sending her home ... which is at the Linden home. :)

plus a brand new alt to be parked on a poseball there somewhere? Maybe two!  The sort of poseball for which most people prefer privacy of course.  Plus, I'd make the delay on the security orb rather long so that she has time to take in the scene.  No advanced warning popups, though. 

Am I helping here?

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2017 at 1:13 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

And now the age test:

• Millennials: What's that boxy thing she's pushing?
  • Gen X: lol, she's acting like it's a typewriter.
  • Boomers: The carriage return goes the other way.

As you type, the typewriter moves in the opposite direction as seen in the gif, but - what she did is what you would do if you want to continue typing.

Unless I'm not seeing the gif correctly, which is possible, since my eyes are bad and stuff.

ETA: oh, oops, you guys already moved past that.

Edited by Lexxi Gynoid
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2017 at 5:40 PM, Xerxes Kingstop said:

I remember : 

"Repeat after me: ehh, ess, dee, eff, jay, kay, ell, sem, ehh, ess, dee, eff, jay, kay, ell, sem ...."

That, and the redhead who sat in front of me.  Freckles make me crazy. :) 

/me runs out to buy some freckles.

• Like 1