Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

8 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

These rings are lovely!

October will be my 25th. You would think by now we would have matching rings but either we can't agree on anything or the sizes don't work. Too small for him and too big for me lol.

Actually they aren't technically matching. All 3 are different manufacturers. We just happen to have similar tastes so they wound up looking like they go together.

I know years ago doing a matching set was the thing, but most people I know now just get what they personally like. If you're both happy with the bands, that's all that matters!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

These rings are lovely!

October will be my 25th. You would think by now we would have matching rings but either we can't agree on anything or the sizes don't work. Too small for him and too big for me lol.

My 25th was 6 days ago. And I know that ring issue. We need to resize both of ours, for the second time. :-)

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Rioko Bamaisin said:

Anyone know of some nice apartments/houses for rent in SL? Something cheap, nice and secluded that I can log into. Something in the sky is preferable but not a deal breaker if the place is nice enough. Thanks in advance for any info.:)

Perhaps the Park Plaza in Bay City?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rioko Bamaisin said:

Anyone know of some nice apartments/houses for rent in SL? Something cheap, nice and secluded that I can log into. Something in the sky is preferable but not a deal breaker if the place is nice enough. Thanks in advance for any info.:)

Try Neva Estates. Not sure how much they are but the little plot comes with a nice house, and other items and it appears to be a good community to live in.

Or Willowdale Estates for lots w/nothing on them other than the landscaping the landlord provides. Quite primmy, but one can send it back to her to free up prims.  She is a great landlord, I lived there for quite a while and Ghosty is there now.  It's a very quiet sim also, and you can build in the air.  I think G is paying about $25 a month for a 2097 lot, and gets 1250 prims (it's double prims for everyone now).  It's also really lovely.  

I guess it depends on what you want to spend but seems most private estates are way overpriced so one really needs to look around. I can't even imagine living on Mainland anymore although plenty still do.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I guess it depends on what you want to spend but seems most private estates are way overpriced so one really needs to look around. I can't even imagine living on Mainland anymore although plenty still do.  

There are actually still quite a few places that aren't bad, especially if you are wanting to live in the sky.  I've no idea what type of costs or views & neighbors might be associated with rental property though.

Lionheart is very good for slightly upmarket estate rentals. They're not low-rent but they are a reasonable balance between value-for-your-money and quality/customer service/attractive surroundings.   There are places much more costly.  Amazingly the Lionheart estate is actually STAFFED most of the time!  When we lived there (for a bit over a year) any time we needed to contact staff we received a response within minutes.  There are residential areas in various motifs. (motifi?) 

The coolest thing about Lionheart IMO is the rental box system they use.  While most rental systems require that you pay via Lindens in exact weekly increments the system Lionheart uses is much more flexible.  You can simply throw money into it in any amount you wish via Lindens, Paypal, or by entering your credit/debit card.  I used to just pay US$ in nice round figures -  $10 or $20 at a time, whatever.  The box calculates how many days and hours to credit you.  

Why don't all rental systems do that?  Math is easy for a computer. :/

On the bargain side, the 60L multiscene skyboxes can be OK.  Many of the choices are cramped or otherwise ungainly but there are some nice choices as well, notably the Stockholm Loft (penthouse?) apartment.   All choices are furnished, many with decent furniture such as the Arizona sofa from BAZAR.  These units are popular so having unexpected visitation from previous tenants happens on occasion but all units include configurable security as well as an Intan if you're in the mood for rubbing navels with someone.  I'd be willing to bet you'd recognize the Stockholm Loft once it rezzed. 

Aabye also has skyboxes for $L38/week but they're crude by comparison and more prone to unexpected visitation.  After your initial rental period he'll let you renew in a 6-month increment for only $L700. 

I seem to recall you went premium a little while ago? In the end its kinda tough to beat a Linden home if you're premium. The structure doesn't count against your prim allotment, and by setting both banlines & parcel visual privacy you can remain ungawked.   You can dance naked with the curtains open if you like.  Due to the parcel visual privacy no one can see you unless they set foot on the property, and banlines prevent that.  They can see your furniture, your scripted cat, and your erotic art, but not avatars.  If the large windows in the Meadowbrook zones still leave you feeling ... exposed ... the structures in the Japanese themed districts (Sharetai Ozumi? something like that) have no windows at all. 

I suppose it was foolish of me to assume your gawkability preference. :)

If you're not familiar with the parcel visual privacy setting I can demonstrate inworld sometime. Its kinda freaky cool. 

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

You can dance naked with the curtains open if you like.  Due to the parcel visual privacy no one can see you unless they set foot on the property

That was one of the really cool things that happened while I was away. 

temp.jpg.c345693604ce1a776dfe9399a9357d4f.jpg

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

2 hours ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

I suppose it was foolish of me to assume your gawkability preference. :)

If you're not familiar with the parcel visual privacy setting I can demonstrate inworld sometime. Its kinda freaky cool. 

That rental box system sounds like my kind of setup. But yeah I did go premium just until August(?I think-or July) I  actually have a home in the Japanese themed ones. I feel so exposed there though, not sure why..O,o

I read a thread about that parcel visual thingy just today, very interesting. I had to log off earlier so still searching for a place.

... that are abandoned, and so make for quietude.  The arrival of Zindra and the Linden homes left much of mainland empty and those lingering seem to behave, or at least build,  with a bit more maturity.  It seems as if the griefers have mostly gone off to play elsewhere. 

There is notably less godawful ugliness about, especially on the continents of Gaeta I and Gaeta V ( the most recent of the old-school 'mainland') 

Zindra can be very lovely!  I find the explicit artwork and signage to be less troublesome than the untextured prims, giant teddy bears, glowing purple spheres, anime, unmanageable terrain and general ugliness we used to see so much of on "moderate" old mainland. 

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:50 AM, Elora Lunasea said:

Actually they aren't technically matching. All 3 are different manufacturers. We just happen to have similar tastes so they wound up looking like they go together.

I know years ago doing a matching set was the thing, but most people I know now just get what they personally like. If you're both happy with the bands, that's all that matters!

We currently don't have rings at all. He brought back silver puzzle rings from Saudi before we were married but no one would touch them to resize them and he couldn't wear his in the military. I wore my engagement ring on my middle finger until recently because it never fit. The place we bought it at said they resized it but they didn't. It's funny though he's the one that brings up wanting rings from time to time.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2017 at 2:47 PM, Elora Lunasea said:

I can't even imagine living on Mainland anymore although plenty still do.  

Really? I wouldn't live anyplace else. I know it is really weird, but the Mainland just feels more real to me.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Really? I wouldn't live anyplace else. I know it is really weird, but the Mainland just feels more real to me.

The various Estates remind me of the covenant controlled neighborhoods that I refuse to live in in RL.  While it can be nice to control what others around you can do, I'm too much of a rebel to live by such rules - even if I don't really want to violate them.

• Like 3