Jump to content
Maureen Boccaccio

Just Ignore and let this one die

Recommended Posts

Monday!  Time for another

Random Asked Question.

Today's question is sponsored by: The Forum Cartel Labor Union.  " People say nothing is impossible but we do nothing everyday!"

 

What do you wish more people were passionate about?

 

Sponsorship slogan does not necessarily represent the opinion of the author nor does it imply sponsorship because, let's face it, who would sponsor a crazy cat lady's ramblings in the first place.
Edited by Rhonda Huntress
cover my ... ask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it is making sure every humans' basic needs (food, shelter, medical attention) are met.  Of course me being politically conservative this is not so much altruism as it is hubris at what we could accomplish.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

For me it is making sure every humans' basic needs (food, shelter, medical attention) are met.  Of course me being politically conservative this is not so much altruism as it is hubris at what we could accomplish.

I'm agreed about the desire to see that everyone's basic needs are met, but I wonder if less passion wouldn't be helpful in achieving that. It seems to me that the current political climate is awash in passion. I'd rather have it awash in reason.

That said, I've always been better at reason than passion, and I sometimes suffer the effects. It wouldn't be the worst thing for someone to be more passionate about me!

;-).

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taurus


May 9th, 2017
 

Your thoughts are running through your brain at the speed of light today, but you appear calm, cool and collected on the outside. Unfortunately, trying to unify these diverging energies could be a hopeless task that leads to frustration. Ironically, the stress dissipates quickly once you realize you don't have to resolve your current dilemma. You can continue to watch the inner show while acting as if nothing is happening at all. Keep going through the motions while simultaneously watching the movie playing on your inner screen. Fantasy and reality feed each other if you let them.

 

This is so apropos right now, but not because of my birthday. I've always loved birthdays even those I had to share with my sister (the 14th so Mom would combine the parties when we were younger until we knew better).

 

*slices the cake for everyone*

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Taurus


May 9th, 2017
 

Your thoughts are running through your brain at the speed of light today, but you appear calm, cool and collected on the outside. Unfortunately, trying to unify these diverging energies could be a hopeless task that leads to frustration. Ironically, the stress dissipates quickly once you realize you don't have to resolve your current dilemma. You can continue to watch the inner show while acting as if nothing is happening at all. Keep going through the motions while simultaneously watching the movie playing on your inner screen. Fantasy and reality feed each other if you let them.

 

This is so apropos right now, but not because of my birthday. I've always loved birthdays even those I had to share with my sister (the 14th so Mom would combine the parties when we were younger until we knew better).

 

*slices the cake for everyone*

According to the Onion...

  • Taurus | April 20 to May 20

    You will find work in a strange office in which everyone is happy, no one makes irritating small talk about reality TV, and the work is challenging and rewarding.

That still leaves you with one supervisor to train.

Oh, Happy Birthday, btw!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That *is* the office I work in for the most part. We've had our bad days here and there but this is the best job I've had by far.

Although today of all days they order me the wrong breakfast burrito! LOL I still love my co-workers though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

According to the Onion...

  • Taurus | April 20 to May 20

    You will find work in a strange office in which everyone is happy, no one makes irritating small talk about reality TV, and the work is challenging and rewarding.

That still leaves you with one supervisor to train.

Oh, Happy Birthday, btw!

Also: 

Taurus: A good day to set the world on fire. Literally. Methane is bubbling up from the North Atlantic. One match and it's all over.
 
Happy Birthday - and, apparently, careful with those candles. ;-)
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Marianne McCann said:

Also: 

Taurus: A good day to set the world on fire. Literally. Methane is bubbling up from the North Atlantic. One match and it's all over.
 
Happy Birthday - and, apparently, careful with those candles. ;-)

Methane combustion byproducts (CO2 and H2O) are far less harmful to the climate than methane itself, so let's all get out there and light "Candles for Clover".

You first, Mari!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...