Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

I have pulled back from SL on two separate occasions.  

Each time I believed that I was not coming back, although the second time I was at least wise enough not to declare such out loud.  Each time it was for emotional rather than practical reasons.  Each time I was drawn back within a few weeks.  

Anyone have stories/observations to share?  

• Like 1

I never quit SL or even planned to quit - though I sure had a few emotional upheavals along the way.  I did quit visiting the forums and barely logged inworld since sometime mid to late 2010 until this latest forum makeover.  I was still receiving all my IMs to email during that time, so I continued getting the notices for the Forum Cartel group.  I saw Maureen's message about the forum revamp, so I came to check the new forums out and got re-hooked, which led to me logging inworld more as well.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

'I never quit but I didn't log in for 7 years'

:D

Ok, so I paraphrased...

Hey, I logged in (inworld), just not a lot - like once a month or so for 5-10 minutes at a time  We even said Hi a few times during those 7 years.  Quiting the forums doesn't count as quiting SL.  :P

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I never quit SL.  Sometimes it has just been a while since I last logged on.  One time it was 4 years.  

I was busy.

Yeah me to it was like 4 hours once.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I never quit SL or even planned to quit - though I sure had a few emotional upheavals along the way.  I did quit visiting the forums and barely logged inworld since sometime mid to late 2010 until this latest forum makeover.  I was still receiving all my IMs to email during that time, so I continued getting the notices for the Forum Cartel group.  I saw Maureen's message about the forum revamp, so I came to check the new forums out and got re-hooked, which led to me logging inworld more as well.

I was so shocked to see you log on a week or so ago. I don't have very many oldbees on my friends list anymore - I haven't been part of the Cartel for years.  But certain ones are there; you, Feline (who I'm now friendly with in RL), Marianne, Lindel are some of the few.  I just don't socialize much there. I am in usually just to shop and take photos. RL is far too busy these days although weekends I do tend to come in for long periods of time.  It's nice to see you again though Lil :x

EDIT: OMG I FORGOT TO ADD MAUREEN TO THAT LIST!!! /feeling stupid

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 2

Yesterday was hectic as I am sure anyone else in the Info industry will agree.  Today was worse as management far removed from technical backgrounds made a crisis of a minor (at least to my company) issue.  I have been banging my head against counter-decisions and outright bad information all day plus a lot of drama about an email one of my guys sent out (he was 100% correct in what he did but a few supervisors can't read above a 5th grade level or something ...

/me sighs.

That's not the point. 

The first good thing this week just happened.  I picked up some baby red potatoes yesterday and made them with Stroganoff for supper.  But when I cut into them, they were purple!

So anyway.  I am suddenly ticked pink.  It's like a surprise gift.  Happy purple potatoes in a tasty sauce.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 5