Maureen Boccaccio

Just Ignore and let this one die

8 hours ago, Asadora Summers said:

Why do some people take advantage of the kindness of others? What is the point.  Just a wonderment. 

/me offers a hug

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Asadora Summers said:

Why do some people take advantage of the kindness of others? What is the point.  Just a wonderment. 

Sadly, some people are just jerks!

giphy.gif

56 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

On a happier note.

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Sink-O-De-Mayo-2007-MEL.jpg

Ahh. I'm sorry. I'm guessing that everything here must be rainbow pooping unicorns? 

YAY! Let's all pretend to be stupidly happy:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Asadora Summers said:

Ahh. I'm sorry. I'm guessing that everything here must be rainbow pooping unicorns? 

YAY! Let's all pretend to be stupidly happy:)

You received three sympathetic responses, including one virtual hug. Then, 11 hours later, someone posted a funny meme with a note that acknowledged they were changing the atmosphere of the thread. That's just how this thread goes (and has always gone, right back to its earliest days on the original forums). Its mood changes more often than a chameleon in a bag of Skittles. Or maybe in a bag of unicorn poop. I dunno.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

That's just how this thread goes (and has always gone, right back to its earliest days on the original forums). Its mood changes more often than a chameleon in a bag of Skittles. Or maybe in a bag of unicorn poop. I dunno.

This.  If you'd like a longer discussion on why some folks are just plain a**holes (or why some people take advantage of the kindness of others), I'd start a separate topic.  In this thread, a single discussion may get a single followup thought or many pages, all depending on the day, the mood of folks, the fullness of the moon, etc..... The whole purpose of this thread is friends chit chatting and lots of random thoughts.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

12 hours ago, Asadora Summers said:

Dunno what happened, but ugh...Sorry if this happened to you! *hugs*

• Like 4

Do we have any Brits among us? I believe we do, but I won't call names for fear of looking (even more) foolish.  I have a terminology question for any Brit or well-versed Anglophile who would care to answer.  This is not humor, the question is sincere.

Category: Automotive. I understand that in an ordinary front-engine car the hinged panel covering the engine is called the 'bonnet'.  A Yank such as myself would call this bit the 'hood'.  The hinged panel in back for the storage compartment, referred to as the 'trunk' in the USA, is known as the 'boot' in GB.  My question is: are the terms 'bonnet' and 'boot' indicative of the panel's function or their placement? 

To put it another way, in a rear-engined automobile such as the classic VW Beetle is the front lid called the 'bonnet' because it is in front or the 'boot' because it covers the storage space?

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop