Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I keep waiting for a meeting to discuss the amount of time we spend in meetings.

True story - when I worked at US West many eons ago, the managers had a meeting every Monday morning to plan the meetings for the week (the meeting meeting). O.o

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

We all got sent home at 1pm today because of heavy wind and snow - YAY!

Work is closed tomorrow for the same reason - YAY!

That means a long weekend and lots of snow to play in - YAY!

I got home to find our boiler isn't working - BOO!

I remembered to buy plenty of wine - YAY!!!!!

• Like 7

Try retiring.  We retired people get to shuffle the days at will (well, almost ... doctors, family, errands, stuff ....).  If I wake up and see that it feels like a 5% day, it's a 5% day. If I am really humming his week, it's 100% days all the way.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

73.633 more working hours to go ....

aaaand for the big post I just HAD to quote you hun :P

DAMN such a big number, yet it´s not THAT much ... I kinda look forward to retirement (if I ever get that far, they´re trying to push the entry back...) cos I have so many hobbies and stuff I like to do which I developped when I was signed off and unemployed for almost 3 years... it´s really tough for me to have 8 hours...well 10 including driving ...stolen from me again...

But to lighten things up again... the poll is done and... the rank is going to be set now :)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Umm ....

On this side of the pond we use commas as place markers.  A period is only used for fractional part.

73 hours and  21 minutes of working time until retirement date.

yeah I know and at first I was like WHAT 73k... but then I saw the comma  (the 3 digits behind it confused me, we usually put 2 ^^) and remembered you mentioning 3 weeks... 73 hours isn´t quite as much but it still sounds more to me than it really is... I´m just dreading every hour recently 

• Like 1