Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

2 hours ago, Hippie Bowman said:

I want to thank all that came to Hippiestock 8.  It was great and everyone had a great time!  Looking Forward to Hippiestock 9!

Well, between work and other RL crap, I managed to log in and pop over during the last set.  And then my computer sound decided to be wonky.  No matter how loud I turned things up or how I manipulated the settings, I could only barely hear the music.  After much tinkering with settings, relogging, and rebooting the computer, my sound finally fixed itself, but by then the set was wrapping up.  It looked like a fun day though.  Hopefully next year, I'll get to spend more time there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Is that bambi fur in the wheel well??

If you meant in between the tire and the wheel, then yes; it looks that way. Don't know, but comparing that to the one collision I've had with a deer I'd guess there's a decent chance the deer got away without life-threatening injury. Where I live you get to expect them in certain areas at certain times of day. People just learn to watch more carefully, and we seldom hit one.

The one I hit was way up in my favorite part of the state (the northeast corner). I'd been camped back in the trees; it was the tail end of one of my summer road trips. After getting up and breaking camp I jounced down the couple of miles of washboard hard pan Forest Service road and reached the paved highway about six in the morning. I'd barely gotten up to speed when what I think was an elk came out of the trees on my left and started across the road. Because I saw him first I at least had time to brake safely on the highway and steer right onto the shoulder, but he stayed in front of me and got hit nonetheless, though at least not by the front of the car. A point of one of his antlers came right through the windshield (almost in my face); his shoulder knocked the side mirror off the car. The collision knocked him down, but by the time I got the car safely stopped on the unpaved shoulder and had a chance to look in my rear view mirror I saw him stand up, shake himself, and head on into the trees.

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 2

Returning late at night from Thanksgiving dinner at my cousin's, Mom and I hit a deer carcass in the middle of the road with my Miata. I thought the wheels were gonna come flying off, but we made it home just fine. The following morning I peered under the car and saw no damage at all, just a bit of bambi fur on the A-arm. The big worry for anyone driving a low hooded car (as GoSpeed's seems to be) is that a deer will come flying through the windshield.

I'm glad that didn't happen!

Happy Tuesday, Kids!!!

• Like 2

On 1/31/2018 at 5:26 AM, Akasha Sternberg said:

did bambi survive?

other than that it´s a nice car... how did your book presentation go @GoSpeed Racer

I didn't stop or look back. It probably survived the impact, but no doubt was injured.  Awww. it's just a simple Nissan Note hatchback.

I have my release party on Saturday from 830-1030 AM SLT at Book Island.

• Like 4

I never knew the name of that song (Bakerstreet) nor the name of the band, but I'm of course familiar with it from hearing it so many times. I think it's just a bit too relaxed for my taste, so I never sought it out. The sax is just terrific, though. I wouldn't even call it a 'riff'; to me it was the whole song. I listened to that clip start and thought it sounded familiar. Then the sax started and I said, "Oh, that song!"

• Like 3