Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you; I loved that! I watched all those movies and I may possibly have owned that soundtrack. I LOVED the soloist doing the "wah, wah wah" with a perfectly straight face. I'm not sure about one of their translations: where the guys sing what sounds like, "Yo, yo, yo, echo" I always heard in the score as "Don't walk to Waco", and  yes I know that doesn't make any sense either.

Liked the 'Man With No Name" up there in the background, too.

• Like 3

Good morning all! Happy Thursday! A short week for me. LadySue and I are heading for Seista Key for the weekend for a 3 day getaway.  I won't be here for breakfast this Sunday,  but will return the following Sunday.  If you are reading this Gospeed, I would like to guest DJ then! Have a great day everyone!

Peace!

4a3588fe7914022856189d103b6f6371--smarty-pants-hipster-dog.jpg

dont-gain-the-world-and-lose-your-soul-wisdom-is-better-than-silver-or-gold27.jpg

253144-Happy-Thursday-Wishing-All-My-Friends-And-Family-A-Good-Morning.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hippie Bowman said:

LadySue and I are heading for Seista Key for the weekend for a 3 day getaway. 

Enjoy your trip, Hippie.

/me mumbles about the predicted snow for Sat and how nice the Keys would be about now

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

A Girl Scout sold 300 boxes of cookies in 6 hours — by setting up near a legal marijuana shop

The brilliant entrepreneurship has drawn some controversy.

By German Lopez@germanrlopezgerman.lopez@vox.com Updated Feb 9, 2018, 2:19pm EST

When a Californian Girl Scout needed to sell some cookies, she saw a golden opportunity in the state’s new law fully legalizing marijuana.

The Girl Scout in San Diego, who’s not been identified, parked outside of a legal marijuana shop to sell cookies — and she managed to sell more than 300 boxes in six hours. According to the New York Times, that’s likely more than $1,500 raised.

This is simply good business sense, given that the munchies can be a big motivator for buying Girl Scout cookies and other junk food. And it will fund a good cause — much of the money will ultimately go back to the local Girl Scouts organization.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Apparently, the rules for where they can sell the cookies are state-by-state.  Back in 2014 when pot became legal in Colorado, the "Girl Scouts of Colorado" stated the girls were not allowed to sell their cookies outside of marijuana shops (or liquor stores either).  Other states allow such. I think the CO girls scouts got screwed by their ruling prudes. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hippie Bowman said:

Happy Friday everyone! LadySue and I are are enjoying a weekend in Seista Key this weekend. Our toes are in the water, and our asses are in the sand. Have a great weekend all!

Envious. 

Winter decided to return to Colorado. Snow and cold today.

image.png.9efd25ea43c02ebff1d3e3cb083fe88d.png

• Like 3

Doing an informal poll on Monday Morning,  please vote for your favorite Monday quote:

image.png.99589b3dc58566a87dbd385e7070c8cf.png     ___________ You are a glass completely full person even though the glass is filled halfway

image.png.26381b8a58896b8f5c67926d7eb20302.png    __________ You are a glass half full person hoping for the best this Monday.

image.png.b666665f440fbcf7ca751d722561da92.png  _______________ You are a glass (and coffee cup) half empty person just trying to survive the day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.