Royal Baby Watch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We are getting this story in our news daily. William and Kate's first baby. I see Kate has gone into the hospital, according to the media.

This must mean her baby will be delivered soon.

How does everyone feel? Are you following the story? Those who are in the UK or associated nations, are you excited? Do you hope it is a boy, or a girl?

I don't want to say Congrats yet since it may be bad luck. Are you pulling up a chair by your Tv or computer screen to monitor the progress? Do you have cigars and champagne ready?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I bet the UK is hoping the baby will arrive very soon while the weather is so good throughout the British Isles and they can have street parties in warm sunshine to celebrate the royal birth. Hello magazine undoubtedly has its entire staff on standby day and night!

Won't matter if one misses the initial announcement as Sky News will broadcast it non-stop for days on end bringing in one boring royal correspondent after another to tell us how excited they are and what it will mean to the monarchy. Given the change in succession rules, for the first time, it won't matter if it's a boy or girl.

Here in Ireland, obviously a far more subdued attitude but Kate is popular and I'm sure we will all watch the news and be pleased for her and William. I'm sure the Royal Baby edition of Hello will sell out too.

Nope, not following it. Not because I am mean, hate royalty, or hate babies. I believe all babies are a miracle of infinite worth. However, roughly 352,755 people will be born in the world today. I don't believe any single one is more important, or special, than another.

The hype irritates me, mainly because for a lot of the world, the royal family doesn't have the same meaning as it does there. We shouldn't be expected to celebrate simply because the baby will be born into the royal family. No more than I'd expect a baby born to a president in the US to be celebrated worldwide, simply because its father or mother, is the president. It really is all over and extremely in your face.

I've already ticked off others for saying so, though, lol.

I'm much more interested in princess Mary of Denmark.

She's one of us and Danes don't whinge, have more than 1 bath a year

and dont play any of those stoopid games like cricket, thugby etc etc.

How cool is she? THIS COOL:005123-prince-frederik-princess-mary-denmark.jpg

mmMMmm Tim Tams :smileysurprised::smileytongue:   

Maryanne Solo wrote:

those stoopid games like cricket, thugby etc etc.

Hmmm, has your historically atypical antipodean disinterest been generated by Australian sport's recent abject failures, I wonder?

Awe . . . When I say "abject failures", I mean "right royal thrashings" in the spirit of the thread.

ETA And don't forget the Olympics, either.

"....one boring royal correspondent after another...."

Yes. I do feel a bit sorry for the royal correspondents though. They must know in their hearts they have reached the very bottom of the deepest resesses of their profession, with no hope of return to the real journalism they once dreamed of. I'm surprised they manage to keep going at all.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Here in the UK, it's of no more interest than any other news item. I rather fancy that it is of much greater interest to some people in some other countries, such as the U.S.

So, all those nutters wearing the Union Jack clothing are not actually real people? They are US citizens  that are pretending to be UKers? Rubbish. You do realize we give less than a fig over here, right?

I was just moaning about all the coverage of this to my mum. She told me it is exciting news, this baby will be third in line to the throne, its an historic day and I should stop moaning... I have taken my lap top in the garden and am now enjoying the sun  (before the UK weather changes back to its usual summer rain), log into here to enjoy something that isn't "ohmygoshroyalbaby.." to find this. Shame on you SL folks, shame on you! ;)

Ahhh, all is explained. The Aussie cricket team wanted to finish the Second Test early, in four days, so they could use the day off to watch the TV and net coverage of their next-but-two ruler's birth.

Awe . . . I thought their pathetic performance could not be fully explained by lack of talent or commitment.

ETA Although what was their excuse for the First Test?

sparkles Britton wrote:

Awe Thor wrote:

ETA Although what was their excuse for the First Test?

Shock at the sun on these fair shores?

I'd heard a rumour they - reluctantly - had to spend their tour beer kitty on sunglasses, floppy hats and zinc cream

Awe . . . has also noticed a lot of gold and green umbrellas and wellies for sale on eBay.

Porky Gorky wrote:

I am English and I am VERY EXCITED about the royal birth ......mainly because I want to see if the baby is Ginger and enjoys dressing up as a Nazi in it's spare time.

His uncle is arranging a trip to Las Vegas at this very moment to wet the baby's head.

Awe . . . clothing optional, but bring your own pool cue.

Thank you for the many interesting responses.

Any bets on the first name? If it's a boy? If it's a girl? 

I see one has made an early leap. ;)

I think it is a girl, because they changed the law of succession. There's no way they don't know the gender beforehand. (Not the parents, maybe.) They started to with William then suddenly gave up on it, because they obviously knew it wasn't necessary.

So for a girl's name I think maybe Alexandra, along with maybe Victoria, Diana, and Elizabeth in there somewhere. Maybe Jane for good measure. Why? Why not.

Probably won't be named Apple or Moon or Dakota. Probably.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.