Royal Baby Watch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First of all, being an American I don't give a rat's a** about a royal kid being born. It's right up there with the news that George Zimmerman is coming out of hiding or that Obama fa**ed in congress today (which didn't happen but would be much more interesting news)

Official statement from Kensington Palace on birth

The full statement from Kensington Palace:

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 4.24pm.

The baby weighs 8lbs 6oz.

The Duke of Cambridge was present for the birth.

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall,
Prince Harry
and members of both families have been informed and are delighted with the news.

Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well and will remain in hospital overnight.

What?? Harry doesn't get a title....what a rip!!!

And...I care more about little ones born to SL couples in RL

Like this one:

Wonder how the little rug rat's doing anyway??

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil Deakins wrote:

I do know that this event has been given
much
more news coverage here than the people in general want. It certainly doesn't reflect the level of interest of the people. It's way over the top.

The news coverage for this present baby is a massive overkill.

The view outside St. Mary's Hospital was quite different in 1982.

Royal-baby-watch_1982-vs-now.jpg

That's pretty much what I saw on TV outside the hospital, Coby - mostly media.

It was mostly the public outside Buck House though, but not big crowds before the birth, and very many of them were foreigners who are coincidentally on holiday here. After the birth the crowd swelled somewhat but not to huge proportions.

Poor press. First ones to arrive on that street had to wait for three weeks there for the baby's delivery. And what the photographers finally got "on the big moment"?  Well, a photo: a man came out from the door carrying an envelope and handing it to the car driver who took it to Buckingham Palace. Three weeks for a photo like that!  :smileysurprised:

And the press are still waiting there at the door - to get a glimpse of the royal family as they leave the hospital. :smileytongue:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the wording, "...delivered of a son."

This reads to me like she went into the hospital, they removed the crotch fruit, and she had no other involvement in the birth.  Or that she was rescued from some terrible condition.

For the longest time I was reading where this "Royal Couple" wanted to be more of a modern type family; both changing nappies, fewer nannies, and things of the like.  I was surprised to read the announcement that it was a 'boy.'  I would have thought the modern family would keep the gender silent - gender neutral so to say - so that when the child was of an age he could have chosen if he wanted to be a King.... or to be a Queen.   

The British seem to have lost their sense of humor?!

Perrie Juran wrote:

This reads to me like she went into the hospital, they removed the crotch fruit, and she had no other involvement in the birth. 
Or that she was rescued from some terrible condition

She was...pregnancy. :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I found that wording rather strange too. I had to read it many times to be sure that I read it right.

Well, I looked up the definition for "deliver" in dictionaries.

In one place I found an example sentence:

"The doctor delivered her of twins."

Then on further search I found this, what made the matter crystal clear: :matte-motes-big-grin:

• (also archaic be delivered of) give birth to:

"She was delivered of her second child."

The British love archaic forms occasionally - to confuse poor foreigners who are not masters of the language. :smileytongue:

NBCNews.com   |  July 23, 2013
Waiting for William, Kate and baby at London hospital
LIVE VIDEO — The world watches the door of St. Mary’s Hospital in London, waiting to catch a glimpse of England’s newborn prince with parents William and Kate.

This wait is just killing me! :smileylol:

Well, SOON the press will have their (well earned?) reward - and they can go to their homes to have a good long waited rest.

sleep027.gif

actually confusing a child about there gender is a terrible decision. They tried to expertment with that once with a boy whom had an incident while being circumsized. They tried to raise him as a girl but he never felt "right" evnetually he became so messed up he ended up killing himself. :/ Sooo yeah.... I dunno about that gender nuetral stuff being "modern" modern is more letting the child know it's gender but allowing it to explore what that means to him or her.

Edit for typoes

Coby Foden wrote:

Baby_Finally.jpg

Let's gome home. Daddy drives. :matte-motes-big-grin:

Baby_lets-go-home.jpg

I'm confused about something here.

If they are Duke and Duchess, how is the baby a Prince?

Maybe I don't understand the British pecking order.

Wouldn't the Duke or Duchess have a Duke or Duchess?

Perrie Juran wrote:

The father is Prince William, Duke of Cambridge. The mother is Catherine, Dutchess of Cambridge.  

ETA The new Prince will be given his ducal title soon enough.  I think he first needs a name. 

Perrie Juran wrote:

I don't get the pecking order either....that's why someone invented Wikipedia...

(ETA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of_succession_to_the_British_throne)

valerie Inshan wrote:

Having a baby, royal or not, is a complete mystery to me. Don't know of I should feel sad or not about it. In any case, all my best wishes to Kate and William. 

That's a mystery to me too, Val.

I've new RL neighbors, a young family of five. One of the children asked me if I liked pets. I said "I love them, and I'm gonna happily spoil the three that just moved into my neighborhood."

Their mother replied to her kids "Do any of you know what Maddy meant by that? I'm afraid I do."

We needn't understand the mystery to enjoy the babies.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Having a baby, royal or not, is a complete mystery to me. Don't know of I should feel sad or not about it. In any case, all my best wishes to Kate and William. 

I've new RL neighbors, a young family of five. One of the children asked me if I liked pets. I said "I love them, and I'm gonna happily spoil the three that just moved into my neighborhood."

Their mother replied to her kids "Do any of you know what Maddy meant by that? I'm afraid I do."

:heart:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Well, I hope for their sake you understand the difference between a dog biscuit and a cookie.

Once named, the new baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince X of Cambridge.
(X being the given name)

Over his life the prince is likely to enjoy a string of titles, like his grandfather (often referred just as Prince Charles):

. . .

Life in titles: Charles, Prince of Wales

1948 – 1952:
His Royal Highness Prince Charles Philip Arthur George of Edinburgh

Commonly known as:  HRH Prince Charles of Edinburgh

(So in early life the new baby will have a title according to the above pattern.)

. . .

1952 – 1958:
His Royal Highness The Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Baron Renfrew, Lord of the Isle and Prince and Great Steward of Scotland

Commonly known as: HRH The Prince Charles

. . .

1958 – Present:
His Royal Highness The Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, Prince of Wales and Earl of Chester, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Baron Renfrew, Lord of the Isle and Prince and Great Steward of Scotland

Commonly known as: HRH The Prince of Wales

. . .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.