All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Errr, you must be reading a different thread than us - Djehan does not seem to talk much at all - whereever you look it's Lawrence talking ... he even started this thread, while Djehan remained suspiciously silent for her project being at stake. Well but let's consider your proposed case - if she were in constant contact: explain the situation they are in now.
  3. Omg ive seen this. this is right down from Guppy where ive been camping out lol. its awesome I thought wow what a cool idea! Great work
  4. LOL. Did you just seriously correct me on the 'SL' thing? Why, I think you just did. 😜 Seriously, though, isn't it time you gave it a rest? Djhan said she only needs 3,000 euros, as a downpayment, and that the matter has been squared with SL.. err, LL. 😛 The rest is just you, and other detractors, spewing bile at HL. And it's rather unbecoming, really.
  5. Still camping out waiting for a houseboat in Guppy LOL
  6. I went to look at Sansar about a year ago . The graphics etc. were impressive but really it seemed like a showcase for what's being trialled - so I haven't been back again but maybe in a couple of years if it really gets going and there's things to do there I might rejoin.
  7. Nooo, I didn't stole that boat from under your 2 noses I got a house WITH a waterview 🥰
  8. Djehan is not an idiot, LOL. And nor are the Lindens. And you really must be rather naive if you think she isn't in constant contact with them. You don't get to run 5 sims like that, for years, based on a fly-by-the-seats-of-my-pants attitude of "Oh well, we'll just see what happens next month." What is happening here, though, is that I constantly see ppl maligning HL, based on nothing more than how they THINK what's going on.
  9. I have been looking for months to get a new home and I never see them. Is there a trick to claiming one?
  10. Well I guess they vary. Most of those I bought were in the vendor named "old gardens" ... I took that to be romantic and sort of oldfashioned but I believe they were made some time ago since when I had them rezzed by the vendor I noticed some of the trees where just two plain prims at 90 degress- the VERY old way to make plants! I haven't tested those yet. The ones I tested were "new gardens" I only bought two of these and they were mesh. I personally prefer sculpts - maybe iI will be happier with the old gardens.
  11. Yup, me too. Tagged it, named it, but it was gone before I could complete the transaction. Must be yours now, iBrat! 🙂
  12. I know it's hard to believe if you didn't see it but this is actually a huge improvement from how it was a year ago.
  13. Just caught an abandon and it looks great! Further inspection will tell
  14. No one can square any matter with "SL" ... Second Life is the bloody product/service! Linden Lab is the company! Further, saying that the matter is "squared" means nothing whatsoever as such could mean that Linden Lab is allowing the regions to remain at the discounted rate even with the crowdfunding as a means to help pay for it or it could simply mean that Linden Lab and the region owner have decided to leave things where they are (regions get their discount stripped) ...
  15. This one and the kitchen counter and boiler also from that dev are PERFECT for the campers. Love them.
  16. No, it doesn't. According to the stats from Steam daily visits stay fairly steady in the 20s and low 30s with occasional peaks. There was such a peak last week reaching all the way to 75 last week. I don't think Steam registers all visitors so this probably isn't the whole story. It shouldn't be too far from the truth though. Edit: Concurrency about half of the daily logon count ... that means the average Sansarer spends 12 hours a day there. Anyone for camping?
  17. I can think of one way to get the behaviour you want, but it's "off-label" use of inventory. However I think it should be safe to do. No guarantees though - if your inventory coughs up a hairball, not my fault There are certain system folders in inventory that are hidden. One such folder is the "Merchant Outbox" folder. This folder is no longer used for anything since the Marketplace moved over to VMM (Viewer Managed Marketplace) years ago & the folder should be empty. You can expose this folder by doing the following: Open inventory. Gear menu (Show additional options) bottom left -> Show Filters. In the filters window, tick "Always show folders". This will expose all those hidden folders, including the Merchant Outbox. You should see the "Merchant Outbox" folder sorted to the top of inventory between Lost & Found and Notecards. You can create subfolders in the Merchant Outbox & drag or cut/paste your items you want to hide into this folder. When done, untick "Always show folders" in inventory filters. Your stuff is now hidden & inventory search will ignore items in this folder. When you need to get your stuff back, just tick "Always show folders" again. Hope that helps.
  18. This one is not modular... but it's apparently designed for small spaces, so might work in a Linden home depending on the layout you go with. Low LI too. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/vespertinesmall-spaces-kitchen/9269404 I had a look at it in-world a while ago, and I seem to remember it does look a bit nicer in the marketplace ad, but see what you think. I second Aria & The Loft for a modern look - some great options, and usually lots of texture change options. And just for a laugh, one step up from an ice box... https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Soy-Gas-Burner-addme/14376874 Depends how much you're into cooking, I guess... 😄
  19. I can only wholeheartedly concur with your wonderful words of encouragement. ❤️ Also, the world would a barren place, really, if everyone said "Wut?! Someone already did a bakery?! Oh well, that's it then: I'm out!" Seriously, more joy is to be had with more variety. If anything, gasping at all beautiful creations ppl keep coming up with, I am continually amazed at the inventiveness and ingenuity of the human soul. I'm sure there's room for Bitsy's creations too. And I, for one, would welcome it!
  20. No physical inventory items are being given out that correlate to the text displayed A child avatar (not the same as an actual child) that runs across this is in no danger unless the text output is placed into General Chat on a channel that everyone can read Consequently any sixteen year old user would have to report themselves What a particular item is listed as on the Marketplace is irrelevant as the Marketplace uses different criteria than the "in world" rating system. What we - the users - believe such items are classified as is irrelevant - send in an Abuse Report, sit down and let the Lab decide if it is in violation or not - if the item remains in the system and nothing at all seems to happen to the creator(s) of said item then guess what, Linden Lab doesn't agree with you
  21. The test of this will be when the sim owner tries to pay the next month's rent at the discounted rate. Linden Lab could have already decided to strip the discount from this sim, in which case the owner will be charged $230 x5 rather than $115 x5; but there's no way for any of us to know until that actually happens. Until then, everything is theoretical. Oh, and the case of this sim is potentially an important precedent that Linden Lab are setting. Lose the victim complex, this isn't just about this one sim that could be gone in a matter of weeks; and is therefore fully open to discussion.
  22. I'm slightly confused. Having read the "3.0" version, there don't seem to be any functions used that have since then be superseded besides llShout by llRegionSay. Maybe PRIM_POSITION of llSetLinkPrimitiveParams by llSetRegionPos too, but the default timer is very frequent and over 10 meter changes should be unlikely. There are no "restrictions imposed on physical movement" at all though. As it is/was, the prims will completely ignore walls and such. Switching to llSetKeyFramedMotion would just break the vehicle horribly while each section tries to physically move to a new spot while being able to be blocked by walls (but not blocking rotation of the "root" linkset). The main thing that may have made the multi-move system slightly obsolete is the linkability changes, allowing for bigger linksets.
  23. Oh no. All serious mesh makers I know of do it. It doesn't have to be that difficult or time consuming either. It can be if you really, really want to optimise but it's no big deal if you just want LoD models that is better than the ones the uploader generates and are familiar with Blender or Maya. Sansar uses Umbra 3D and I don't really see that as an option for SL for several reasons. (I'm not convinced Sansar's reliance on Umbra is a good idea either but that's another topic.) As for prims, they are procedural objects and it's much easier to generate LoD models for those than it is for polylist meshes. Look at this disc: We need 24 vertices for the high model, 16 for the mid, 9 for the low and 6 for the lowest. If this is a prim, what the computer knows is that it's a circle with a specified radius. From that info it's dead easy for it to generate all the four LoD models. However, if it's a polylist mesh, all the computer knows is the location of the 24 vertices in the high resolution model. It has no idea what kind of shape it represents. How do you expect it to turn that 24 vertice circle into one with 16? It may be able to do 12, 8, 6 and 3 fairly easily but even that can be tricky if the vertice list isn't well sorted and the edge loop isn't well defined. This is a very simple shape even and the difficulty of the simplification task increases exponentially with increased model complexity. This is seriously difficult five dimensional shape analyzis and retopoing on a grand scale. An alternative solution is to do it the other way round: create the lowest LoD model manually and let the computer add details with height map amd/or algorithm based tesselation. This method is becoming increasingly popular for professional games and I think it's the reason why they are able to use automatically generated LoD as much as they do. I can't see how this can be applied to Second Life or Sansar though. Not only would it require serious software upgrades, the content creators would also have to adapt to a brand new aproach to content creation.
  24. Absolutely agree. I do this regularly with a few keywords but this is a great list to work on - thanks!!
  1. Load more activity