All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Lower the camera under the house and right-click on bare ground and get information about buying land. Follow the link and enjoy the view of the region. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Miniard/111/99/23
  3. I liked how he seems to be interested in owning a virtual world that he is not fully in control of and that he feels SL’s continued existence is important for the world. It demonstrates his motivation for continued ownership, beyond just the bottom line.
  4. Also, make sure to specify who you're selling it to... To sell land to a specific Resident: Right-click on the ground and select About Land. In the GENERAL tab of the About Land window, click the Sell Land button. The SELL LAND window opens. Under Set a price, enter the amount in L$ for which you wish to sell the land. Under Sell the land to, select Specific person.
  5. The part about the reasons to sell Tilia was convincing. I think it was probably the right choice to do so. The part about the money and the (possibly) changing fees, not so much. So I put me on the Wait And See - list about that part. It was good to hear that Oberwolf likes Linden Lab and Second Life, but that says nothing about the future of Second Life IMHO. A peanut farmer loves their peanuts too and enjoys to grow, harvest and store them, but still sells them if they get a good price for them.
  6. oh c'mon, let me feel like some super techie person with my big PC ;0 But seriously, to answer the question @InnerCity Elf posed, I did get a mid to high-range PC for the better visuals in SL, and also for creating mesh and music stuff.
  7. It sound like from the video that some of the major beneficiaries will be non-US users, who will have easier exchanges between their currencies and linden dollars. Oberwolf says US users probably won't notice much difference.
  8. Yeah I can't imagine SL without a big screen. I like to chat too, but only while viewing the landscape. If you haven't already seen it, Fallen Gods @ Fantasy Fairre has the most amazing region this year if you like the long views.
  9. There's an option when setting land for sale to say either return objects or let them stay for the next owner. People sell land like that all the time, they'll advertise it as "nicely decorated with landscaping and house that you can keep or return". Just set it to let the objects stay.
  10. In the last few days, I have noticed that when I search, but exclude demo items via the checkbox left side of the page, this no longer works. I've cleared my web cache and history to no avail. Is this just me and what do I do to rectify it... or are others seeing the same? My search: Second Life Marketplace Hmm...
  11. Two main questions answered, why sell Tilia, and when will Thunes actually happen. Interesting, and there should be some good summaries from bloggers coming soon. We can all relax until 2025 I think.
  12. When you sell the land, autoreturn should be off by default (if you currently have it turned on, might want to turn it off before selling, just to be safe... SL does do weird things sometimes). As long as you don't set it, nothing will be returned. If you want to use autoreturn, you'll need to make sure that your alt and you are in a land group together, that everything on the parcel is set to the land group, and then the parcel itself can be set to the land group as well. THEN you can turn on autoreturn. (You can also deed or sell the land to the land group if you first donate sufficient land allowance to the group, and you'll get use of a 10% group bonus, but that's a bit beyond what you are asking about here.)
  13. I have a Lenovo Legion 5 notebook. Purchased when my desktop computer stopped working. When SL is in low graphics mode the notebook runs silent but if I turn up graphics the fans turn on. It's been running so nicely that I am not too concerned about getting a desktop again.
  14. I like how Oberwolf emphasizes that he cares about Second Life. I believe him!
  15. I like a big hud. Add it, use it, (easily), detatch it.
  16. I'm half way trough by now, and where Oberwolf is talking about makes sense so far. And yes, this thread is one of the reasons for this Lab Gab IMHO.
  17. Where the land is that someone stops paying for matters. In recent years, they've become more aggressive about reclaiming and auctioning off "deadbeat" parcels in the remaining parts of mainland that still have avatars present most of the time. Land also tends to sell for more in these regions.
  18. In the video, it "sounds" like they are discussing some of the concerns brought up in this thread.
  19. SL's population has been declining over the years, it sits at around 200,000 daily active users. Roblox is growing and claims to have 70 million users daily. Last week Roblox received a major update for creators. I don't use the platform personally, so in SL terms it seems like they're updating from system layers to mesh clothing. The Blueberry website also appears to be marketing their 'mesh' clothing for Roblox avatars. There may just be a human element to it all, after being a popular creator for so many years, there's an expectation to keep on delivering high quality products. Eventually anyone needs a break from it.
  20. Today
  21. Hey guys, I can't really find a straight answer to this, so here's what I want to do: I own a bunch of mainland on one avatar, I have a house and my store there, but I have another avatar that I want to transfer it all to so that that avatar can manage it, and have SL premium and whatnot. If I sell the land to my other avatar specifically, is my whole store and also my house going to be returned to my inventory? Or will it stay there unchanged? Basically, if I "sell" my mainland to my other avatar, will everything stay exactly the way it is on the parcel? or will everything disappear? haha
  22. Caged animals get early depression, SADLY.
  23. Police inspect zealous zookeeper's animals. C A G E D
  24. Linden Lab Executive Chairman Oberwolf Linden has just posted a Q&A interview answering many of your questions about Thunes and their agreement to acquire Tilia. Topics covered include details about the acquisition agreement, what to expect next, and how it impacts the Second Life community. There's also more news about our Community Roundtable, too. https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/15487-lab-gab-update-on-tilia-acquisition-new-community-roundtable/
  1. Load more activity