What music positively inspires you when you're in-world?

Linden Lab

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Mr/Ms Linden Lab,

Although I appreciate the happy questions and threads, I can't help but wonder why you ask all this in General Discussions and not in the appropiate, designated sections?

Could be me, but I've had posts removed for not being in the correct department. This is kinda confusing me!

Well, besides the regular SL live musician events I go to (Kyle Beltran, Grace McDunnough, Rich DeSoto, Cylindrian Rutabaga, Frogg and Jaycatt, Fricker Fraker, Matthew Perreault, some weird chick named Beth, etc.), I'll fire up IndieSpectrum Radio to get a sampling of what SLers are performing and such. Or when Marxie spins at Listening Room, yeah, there's some stuff in her collection that's a good kind of WTF.

But I tend to hit the CD collection and listen to Cypress Rosewood or Born Again Pagans for some on-demand chill and mellow out and just kick back. Even at work, when I get sick of Planet Money, The Story, TTBOOK, Escape Pod, Drabblecast, Fresh Air, I've got all that in a "Whoah, is it four already?" shufflelist.

Looking at iTunes... yeah, Matthew Perreault's "World Of One Percenters" rises to the top of plays, but for meaning, Zorch's "The Conversation Wasn't Over" was playing when I heard that Delinda had died, and "Not Just A Fragment" by Cyl, well, she knows.

-ls/cm

• Community Manager

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Although I appreciate the happy questions and threads, I can't help but wonder why you ask all this in General Discussions and not in the appropiate, designated sections?

In tandem with the Gratitude Guest Blog event that is happening right now, we are sharing these questions with the community for general discussion to highlight some of the positive aspects of the holiday season from a residents' perspective. This event will last through the end of today, with a few more questions threads to come! Thanks and kind regards. 

Linden Lab wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

In tandem with the Gratitude Guest Blog event that is happening right now, we are sharing these questions with the community for general discussion to highlight some of the positive aspects of the holiday season from a residents' perspective. This event will last through the end of today, with a few more questions threads to come! Thanks and kind regards. 

Ah, well thanks! This guest blog is not showing on the feed on my dashboard, so I had no clue there was another event going on in the blogs!

Linden Lab wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Thank you and regards. 

First to always remember:

The international and sometimes even interfaith nature of the Rastafarian message of love, in a song that changed my life when I discovered it:

This song, which I encountered looking for something to put into an SL TV, really inspired me to delve further into my spiritual side and re-examine things, leaving me coming out the other side with a very close affinity to the Rastafarian way:

This one:

http://www.myspace.com/minx/music/songs/jah-breathe-life-inna-me-extended-mix-39880042

Which is amazingly obscure, amazingly beautiful, and has no video... which I discovered because it played on my stream one day when I was sitting in my skybox and I then rushed all over the internet trying to track it down. Women rastafarians singers are hard to come by.

And of course one can never pass up an opportunity to mention Luciano:

And a song that could be called a Rasta's theme song for Second Life:

And of course, end this with another song with a message that I always try to keep in mind, but don't always manage:

The SL music scene is one of the major reasons I come to SL, and I'm going to back Crap Mariner on the statement that Kyle Bronsdon (Kyle Beltran in-world) is one of the more hot scenes out there.  I've been hanging at his club (Meatspace) almost since its inception, and love the sense of community that this and other music clubs foster.  I'm as inspired by his band of merry misanthropes as I am by his stellar showmanship.

Another great artist is Blue4u Nowicka, whose gutsy voice is second to none!  Real down-home talent.

Most of all, however, I am inspiredby the way SL allows these talented artists a way to reach beyond their backyards in First Life, and touch audiences around the globe.  Keep showing that talent folks!

Storm Clarence wrote:

Pure Inspiration (and perhaps a lure for Ceka)

disclaimer:  I will not be held responsible if you CRANK UP THE VOLUME! You do so at your own risk.

OMG you know i cannot resist when that movie comes up..it is one of my favs!!!

black mamba was my very first ever foum avatar lol

only the black mamba could geton a plane with a katana and then after walk through the airport untouched or questioned..because she is the black mamba *winks*

biker peace_002.png

Linden Lab wrote:

Share your favorite songs here.

I love the Celtic influenced station I have playing in my SL house.  Enya, Loreena McKennit, etc.  I find Enya especially inspiring.  She is an amazing artist and Enya has always had a creative influence on me.  Loreena McKennit also.  I think creation comes from more than just our mind.  I believe the true creative experience lives in the spirit, in the light within us. 

ETA:  A link.  I found this version of Jimi Hendrix's "Little Wing" because of SL.  This version is by a group called "The Corrs" and I think this is a beautiful version of "Little Wing".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.