This House Believes Most People Never Leave Their Sims

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 82 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Discuss.

This is my conviction. They sit on their own lot, whether a small 512 or 256 skybox rental or entire homestead or region and THEY NEVER LEAVE.

They sit in IMs most of the night. They might shop -- but on the MP. "Lazy Sunday" was made for them.

Occasionally, a friend or love interest might stop by. MAYBE they will go to a club or art gallery.

But my sense is, based on tenants and neighbours, is that

MOST PEOPLE NEVER LEAVE THEIR SIMS.

True fact: if left to my own devises, without any tenants or friends or gallery invitations, I, too, would never leave my sim, and would just noodle around in my house or on my build platform for hours. But thankfully, I have tenants and I do like to explore once I get going but lately I'm on a terrible computer so it's back to staying on my sim.

• Like 6

I start out at home each day.  I put together whatever outfit I'm wearing for the day.  I then go through any notices I received and check.out any sales that interest me.  Then, I pop open the destination guide.  Depending on what outfit, I go to several places until I find one that I want to take a picture at, take a picture, then back home I go.

After uploading to Flickr, I then hit up the 10 or so regular places I visit.  If I find someone interesting to chat with, I'll stay for an hour or so then move on.  At the end of my online time, usually about 6 hours/day, I TP back home and log out.

Of my total time online, I probably only spend 1 hour at home.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I spend about 3-4 hours per week at my Linden home, usually spread over a single day or two days.  Most of the time I am out exploring or travelling within SL, and would rarely visit less than 200 regions per day (even if in most cases, I am only going through them fairly quickly).

• Like 3

I forget to spend time at home and I spent a long time decorating those comfortable places.

But! There are clubs,  get togethers, new pretty regions to explore, sales to hit, busy IMs, photos aren't going to take themselves, friends to make,  live music to hear,  houses to decorate and landscapesto make pretty, collaborative projects to make a reality...

Who logs in just to sit at their SL home by themselves? What do you think those who don't rent or buy land do?

• Like 3

Hey Prokofy!
Nice post!

-I was a little soul...
Xmas2013atTheMallStreet2_001.thumb.jpg.8633ba6b2d6bb42626b1c5117758e038.jpg
So, my first times in SL was all as about opening the map, locate the most big green dot avatar "towers" and click to teleport there..!
Sometimes it was a club, other times it was a mall, a race track, a gallery.. but most of the times the feeling was ...negative!
(It comes from RL's FEARS aka locking doors, "get out of here"  "you are NOT allowed" etc etc..
Then I found my "kind" of ppl .. aka.. those who are speaking the same language and I was spending my times there in their places;
and was getting "help" as about the secondlifes viewer layout and the world in general.. (Some of them became big, famous sellers/stores)
-Then I realised how much I am out of their "game" ( as I am IRL) and I left for my own ... adventures!

( So, far all good, plenty of Teleports slash EXPLORING secondlife)
KarlaView_001.thumb.jpg.200138f2f4d7fc9f4fe7681d2b21079c.jpg
So, after a couple months, I got my self a little store, (L$5 a week) as a little soul I was; and rez there a few boxes (vendors wasnt a thing yet) to sell FULL PERM clothes !
(I had my thing with the full perm, since my day 1 ) :D
With that been said, we come to a point that the map with the green avatar dots wasnt giving me the joy of freedom slash good VIBES and so I quit that..!
Then that store became 2 stores, .. 3.,. and then 1 day it became "The Mall Street" quarter sim HOME of mine..
XmasView2013_001.thumb.jpg.c3dd118ec976b8547d1d910b9dde018c.jpg
I can def. say that since then I am Teleporting only to my own properties..

No more racing tracks (which never worked though)
No more clubs (I had mine now)
No more "same kind of ppl" (Like I didnt had enough of themin my RL) :P
No more exploring just for fun..!

Nowadays, I am siting in my "office" and all I do is to chat with 1-2 persons that are close to me and with the people who use me as a middle man to own their lands (sims) in SecondLife..!

MyOfficeMay2023-TieristooDamnHigh_001.thumb.jpg.cd19a53b6d6ec18e9cea75ccef807722.jpg
Happy to share! TY for posting!
So, yes, I am one of those you are mentioning!
Those who NEVER leave their sim..!

P.S>  take this man out! :P

• Like 5

7 hours ago, beethros Karas said:

Nowadays, I am siting in my "office" and all I do is to chat with 1-2 persons that are close to me and with the people who use me as a middle man to own their lands (sims) in SecondLife..!

You need to get out more often beethros, stop spending so much time posting mainland land rentals in the forums. 😉 😘

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, encidious Opus said:

You need to get out more often beethros, stop spending so much time posting mainland land rentals in the forums. 😉 😘

I can tell it bothers you. 😘   ( Or else you wasnt going to bother a public forum with a personal dispute slash refference dragging it out of topic)
Same as it bothers me to see land flippers pretent to be rental guys ( landlords) and they post like:
FOR SALE  
OR    RENT..
... ROLLEYES !

And tbh, Im glad you stopped reporting me cause you realise you was wrong! ;)
People crusified Jesus.. So who am I to escape peoples cruelty?
I mean.. the last time there was an argue here in the forums as about my policy and people was replying..
When those who was accusing me of a lier.. when they been told from their fellow forumites that they was wrong, and they run out of arguements, they replied like:
Oh? So, if he dies I will loose my money?

Thats the World(s) we live in!
Its the way life is..

It bothers me to see people/brothers killing each other, but I swallow it..
It bothers me to see this planet ruled by hypocrecy, but I swallow it too..

I will keep posting as much possible.
Since, nobody hires me IRL due to my age, this hobby of mine became a job and I need to survive.
If I dont post, I will not have new customers and I will starve.
I dont want that!
All my lifes years,  my RL incoming was enough. I had no money issue.
Now I do. Because the trail spraying became more expensive and taxes had to be raised. (a lot)
And so, I asked the Gods. All three (3) of them:pixeled and eatherial and artificial, to allow me Grow a little..
And it seems they are listening to me! :)

Thank you Gods!
Thank you customers!
Thank you 
https://community.secondlife.com/profile/750753-encidious-opus/

• Like 4

Who is "this house" in the title? "This House Believes Most People Never Leave Their Sims"

Are we RolePlaying as "houses"?

Since lately I "mostly" login to script, I don't have a reason to go somewhere else unless I am socializing, exploring, etc.

I could try it and see if my long-running scripts still run OK on busy regions.  That would be interesting, if I find out that my scripts are impacted in bus regions and/or create issues on busy regions!

• Like 2

I am a lot at home because I am obsessed with my home and garden. I go out to shop inworld, and I click and inspect things to find new things to buy.

I went to that aniversary island Bellisseria had, and looked at all the decorated houses. 😃

I do the same on mainland, but it is not so many homes I find interesting. I bought some HPMD flowers I saw in the neighbors garden a month or two ago.

• Like 5

Hard to even guess for me. And what means most in percent of all residents, including those without own homes, based on most of those with homes.

For me, I can say, it differs a lot, I have phases when I'm on a lot, and not. Generally, at times I do have a home, I tend to hang out there, yes, but it's not always like that, I've also rented places for stretches of time, basically only logging in to pay the rent, without even using the place, or paid for a home and didn't use it because of busy roleplay sim phases. And when I hang out, depending on the place, it might be tp potter around there, or indeed do nothing, because I'm doing something irl, just looking at my avi having a good time doing nothing. 😅

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, InnerCity Elf said:

basically only logging in to pay the rent, without even using the place, or paid for a home and didn't use it

I always wanted to stand out by offering the most decent, freedom-ish tier boxes!..
And Im so glad you mentioned this! TY :)
So, thats why my policy has this option:
My policy allows you to stop the tier time  - in some cases doesnt work though - and so when you come back in a month or even in a year;
your tier box is still there with ALL its time/money left and you can use it again and again...

Wishes for a better tommorow!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, beethros Karas said:

I can tell it bothers you. 😘   ( Or else you wasnt going to bother a public forum with a personal dispute slash refference dragging it out of topic)

It was joke beethros. I may post on the mainland rentals when a previous post reaches page three. Good luck

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I start out at home each day.  I put together whatever outfit I'm wearing for the day.  I then go through any notices I received and check.out any sales that interest me.  Then, I pop open the destination guide.  Depending on what outfit, I go to several places until I find one that I want to take a picture at, take a picture, then back home I go.

After uploading to Flickr, I then hit up the 10 or so regular places I visit.  If I find someone interesting to chat with, I'll stay for an hour or so then move on.  At the end of my online time, usually about 6 hours/day, I TP back home and log out.

Of my total time online, I probably only spend 1 hour at home.

Wait. Stop right there. Outfit for *the day*? You change your clothes every day, as in RL?

I wear the same outfit for weeks. I mean, you can, you know? Especially because they are so hard to get right with the mesh body, hair, etc etc. Just now I simply took my sneakers off because I couldn't find a pair to fit on my Slink feet. I have Gianni feet but they were alpha'ed out and I didn't want the bother of finding the HUD and fixing them. 

It's summer!

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Who is "this house" in the title? "This House Believes Most People Never Leave Their Sims"

Are we RolePlaying as "houses"?

Since lately I "mostly" login to script, I don't have a reason to go somewhere else unless I am socializing, exploring, etc.

I could try it and see if my long-running scripts still run OK on busy regions.  That would be interesting, if I find out that my scripts are impacted in bus regions and/or create issues on busy regions!

It's a Britishism. From university debate clubs. Americans don't say this. I was just reading some British/Irish novels where they used this term about boys debating in college, that's all. "This House" means the particular house where they live in college or the club that takes a side in the debate. 

• Thanks 1

There are people living near me that I don't see getting out much. I go all over the place though. I don't think they've sent me a breakdown of how many regions in a year for a bit, but it's a lot.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2024 at 7:45 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

Discuss.

This is my conviction. They sit on their own lot, whether a small 512 or 256 skybox rental or entire homestead or region and THEY NEVER LEAVE.

They sit in IMs most of the night. They might shop -- but on the MP. "Lazy Sunday" was made for them.

Occasionally, a friend or love interest might stop by. MAYBE they will go to a club or art gallery.

But my sense is, based on tenants and neighbours, is that

MOST PEOPLE NEVER LEAVE THEIR SIMS.

True fact: if left to my own devises, without any tenants or friends or gallery invitations, I, too, would never leave my sim, and would just noodle around in my house or on my build platform for hours. But thankfully, I have tenants and I do like to explore once I get going but lately I'm on a terrible computer so it's back to staying on my sim.

I find it a little disturbing that you keep tabs on your tenants' movements. That's all I have to say. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

I find it a little disturbing that you keep tabs on your tenants' movements. That's all I have to say. 

It doesn't seem to be all that different to say someone like me logging into and out of my home region and happening to notice the same avatars on my mini map everyday. I'll spend some time every day pottering around or getting dressed at my mainland home, do the same at my Linden home. The rest of my SL day i'll explore, do a little shopping or spend time at a sandbox. There is always something to do away from my homes.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2024 at 1:23 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

Wait. Stop right there. Outfit for *the day*? You change your clothes every day, as in RL?

I wear the same outfit for weeks. I mean, you can, you know? Especially because they are so hard to get right with the mesh body, hair, etc etc. Just now I simply took my sneakers off because I couldn't find a pair to fit on my Slink feet. I have Gianni feet but they were alpha'ed out and I didn't want the bother of finding the HUD and fixing them. 

It's summer!

You never change clothes? You must smell pretty bad.

I wear something different every day, when I dress that is. I hate the thought of wearing the same thing two days in a row.

😁

On 6/21/2024 at 1:23 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

It's summer!

Yep, I change clothes everyday and often hair and accessories.  Sometimes, twice a day if I head to a beach region/club.  I use one mesh body so anything I buy, I buy for that body.  Easy peasy.

Everyone has different priorities in SL.  Yours, I assume, is managing you land holdings?  Others might spend their time building or scripting.  I like shopping, dressing up my Barbie and wandering around looking for people to chat with.

• Like 4

On 6/21/2024 at 8:23 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

I know people who spend 200 bucks a DAY for to buy clothes in virtual worlds...
In some cases the goverments they had put limits (US$200) to how much a person can spend on a virtual world..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beethros Karas said:

I know people who spend 200 bucks a DAY for to buy clothes in virtual worlds...
In some cases the goverments they had put limits (US$200) to how much a person can spend on a virtual world..

That's insane. I know people easily splash out $3000L which is like US $11.60 to kit themselvs out with a mesh body and cloths but are you saying $200 *dollars* or Lindens?

Which governments are those??? That's nuts. How could they possibly keep track.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 82 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.