So let's play fair

I see naked adults on Moderate sims when out fishing and occasionally when shopping, wearing very revealing clothing that shows their breasts, bottom and pubic area. I also frequently see and hear adults making out,  spanking each other's body parts and moaning when I'm out fishing which is why I made the decision to only use my child avatar to attend G rated kid friendly events from now on.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

It's pretty darn easy if you see that to aim your camera away from it if it gives you so much bother.  Another option is click the tag and choose "derender". You can also click "see friends only"  There are many options available to instantly not see it.

Take some personal responsibility if it bothers you that much.  The rules say it's allowed and SL isn't going to change it because a few child avatars don't want to see nakie avatars.

Of course I look elsewhere. I personally think those v*jayjays are freaking ugly. But personal opinion. That's not the point .. you said where is all this nudity? I was responding that specific post. You keep responding with that comment as to indicate that it's not all around when it freaking is. I've been in SL for 20 years. I still love being here, but I have my eyes open as well. I'm not trying to spin the convo in one way or another. I'm trying to be objective.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

We all have choices to make based on the rating of the region we are in, the TOS, and whether we consider others when making those choices. 

There will always be people who purposely skate right along the lines of the rules and sometimes cross it in typical edge-lord style.

I am not likely to change what I do when inworld, but I've always been respectful in regards to others.

Before the new TOS changes, I followed the spirit of the rules.  When visiting G regions, I remove anything that might be considered adult, make sure I have modesty layers, and wear appropriate clothing. 

The spirit of G regions being things you can wear and do in front of the stereotypical granny. (Not your vodka downing, cussing like a sailor, fishnet wearing granny.)

I don't find it difficult or an imposition on my rights to change clothes for a G region.

We know the TOS says nudity by itself isn't adult and can be on M regions. However, nudity is probably not expected in a playground in an M region. If I choose to go to a child's playground on an M region, I'll dress for a childrens playground. If I choose to go to a rock club on an M region, you can bet I'll be showing some skin and may even dance topless.

All this arguing seems so pointless. We are ALL adults. We know different places in real life have different rules. I believe very few adults would choose to show up at a Chucky Cheese in a thong and pasties. (Again, I'm not talking about your vodka downing, cussing like a sailor, fishnet wearing granny)

I keep seeing "I can't change ANYTHING about myself for ANY reason in ANY inworld region for ANYONE and I still want to go ANYWHERE I want without considering ANYONE else!!!!"

That really does sound like entitlement from both sides.

Good points!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Just look up Phat P*ussy on the MP...or don't.

or don't! good advise. Never thought I'd despise anything as much as the trend of the pony riders back in 2009.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

didn't go so much for the nude avatars or even adult stuff. I just found that people will actually IM and talk to you at those places and really not sexual IM's either which you'd expect. They are just more outgoing.

Yep that's what the folks I know that go to them say too.  The M-rated beaches have strict rules about no adult HUDs or open conversations, and no lewd attachments etc.   The owners usually will quickly ban anyone not keeping it M-rated.  Private IM's between friends are none of anyone's business, if they have other plans when they leave, like shopping. They usually have DJ events so there is dancing, and I suppose too much physics could be entertaining,  like most informal clubs where large chested women hang out.  Usually it's just sun tanning and chat.  If it's a gay men's beach, they need to turn off physics.  :)

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

We all have choices to make based on the rating of the region we are in, the TOS, and whether we consider others when making those choices. 

There will always be people who purposely skate right along the lines of the rules and sometimes cross it in typical edge-lord style.

I am not likely to change what I do when inworld, but I've always been respectful in regards to others.

Before the new TOS changes, I followed the spirit of the rules.  When visiting G regions, I remove anything that might be considered adult, make sure I have modesty layers, and wear appropriate clothing. 

The spirit of G regions being things you can wear and do in front of the stereotypical granny. (Not your vodka downing, cussing like a sailor, fishnet wearing granny.)

I don't find it difficult or an imposition on my rights to change clothes for a G region.

We know the TOS says nudity by itself isn't adult and can be on M regions. However, nudity is probably not expected in a playground in an M region. If I choose to go to a child's playground on an M region, I'll dress for a childrens playground. If I choose to go to a rock club on an M region, you can bet I'll be showing some skin and may even dance topless.

All this arguing seems so pointless. We are ALL adults. We know different places in real life have different rules. I believe very few adults would choose to show up at a Chucky Cheese in a thong and pasties. (Again, I'm not talking about your vodka downing, cussing like a sailor, fishnet wearing granny)

I keep seeing "I can't change ANYTHING about myself for ANY reason in ANY inworld region for ANYONE and I still want to go ANYWHERE I want without considering ANYONE else!!!!"

That really does sound like entitlement from both sides.

This is how I do it too.

I try to be aware of general .. always. My bf thinks I'm overkill on it.  In moderate I don't worry as much anymore. But I don't usually go past some level of sheer and short skirts. Not into the phat stuff or other devices, rolls and bulges.  I personally find them gross.  I'm not going to wear lingerie normally unless I'm at a lingerie event because it's not day wear. I use to try to treat it Moderate more like PG but over time lightened up some when it sunk in that it wasn't PG.  It makes it easier not to have have to change. 

It's funny I just went to Vision... a clothing store. They have lots of sheer stuff in ads and they are on general land. I was kind of surprised they weren't on moderate.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

I don't think anyone actually read my post. I was not saying I have an issue with M land. I was saying if there is a problem then the onus is on the child avatar to deal with it. You don't like being around barely dressed adults, then don't go to M land where worse is allowed. 

I know a bikini isn't naked. I said that in my original post. Please actually read what I said. 

I tried VERY hard to read your post, that's why I quoted specific parts of it. 🙂

Sorry!

52 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Thanks! I have a new outing for me and my bestie to go to. We love stuff like that. Well, I do. I usually have to kinda talk her into it but eventually she'll go. LOL

Do we need to dress like that too? Don't want to feel out of place. ;) I'm sure I have something in my inventory for that. Most likely a freebie from Scandelize.

Wear what you want.  I was wearing shorts, a t-shirt and sandals.  Pretty normal attire for me when I go anywhere.   Really, the only time I dress in some sort of theme is at the beach (take off your damn heels ladies), one of those dress-up dance places that I haven't been to in years, or if a club is having some sort of themed event.  Otherwise, I wear whatever.  I usually will add a BoM underthing if I know the region or club doesn't like nips peeking at all.  Not that mine do but just in case.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Of course I look elsewhere. I personally think those v*jayjays are freaking ugly. But personal opinion. That's not the point .. you said where is all this nudity? I was responding that specific post. You keep responding with that comment as to indicate that it's not all around when it freaking is. I've been in SL for 20 years. I still love being here, but I have my eyes open as well. I'm not trying to spin the convo in one way or another. I'm trying to be objective.

OH ok I'm lying. I really haven't seen hardly any naked people in M rated land.  Maybe you go to a lot more places than I do but you said shopping and I go to all the shopping events and haven't seen it. Sure the occasional avatar that doesn't rez.  Yes, I have seen the barely dressed huge avatars that have their boobs and butts moving back and forth.  Where I take offense is that you don't think these things should be seen at a shopping event. Why the heck not? Are you the moral shopping police?

What we could do away with are those animesh babies and pets which only contribute to lag. 

It's quite possible that It's just not bothersome to me and I don't notice it or I look and go "eh" and move on.  This IS Second Life after all. If you've been here 20 years you should know this.

If child avatars have a problem with running into nudity then they should stay on G rated land and change into an adult avatar on M rated land.  That way if they run into it then they can simply AR it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

OH ok I'm lying. I really haven't seen hardly any naked people in M rated land.  Maybe you go to a lot more places than I do but you said shopping and I go to all the shopping events and haven't seen it. Sure the occasional avatar that doesn't rez.  Yes, I have seen the barely dressed huge avatars that have their boobs and butts moving back and forth.  Where I take offense is that you don't think these things should be seen at a shopping event. Why the heck not? Are you the moral shopping police?

What we could do away with are those animesh babies and pets which only contribute to lag. 

It's quite possible that It's just not bothersome to me and I don't notice it or I look and go "eh" and move on.  This IS Second Life after all. If you've been here 20 years you should know this.

If child avatars have a problem with running into nudity then they should stay on G rated land and change into an adult avatar on M rated land.  That way if they run into it then they can simply AR it.

To be fair, I usually don't see the naked peeps at the main shopping events.  I see them at place that are already edgy, like Sabbath, The Warehouse Sale, any of the Kawaii events, Dollholic.   Ones that attract more middle of the road vendors don't seem to sell things the 'edgelords' would be interested in wearing which makes sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

15 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Again, and for the last time, as I've said multiple times in multiple threads, I'm not suggesting any change in rules or accommodations. I'm am simply relaying my experiences in relation to other peoples experiences. It's a counter argument. Just reemphasizing that there are two sides to every coin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, miranda Sapphire said:

I am angry, VERY angry here because it's totally unfair to the kid community.

Hi Miranda. 

I felt the same way a few weeks back but then I calmed down and started listening.  The reason these changes have happened came out in the community meeting last Monday.  Once that reason was finally acknowledged, we suspected long before that, all my objections were pointless. 

The Lab isn't doing these changes to punish or single out our community.  They are doing it to survive.  Times have changed and payment processors are requiring these changes, as well as some new laws that are coming out.  Without a payment system in place, there is no future for SL.  

So, now the only path forward for us is to adapt and manage the damage as best as we can. 

Edited by Madi Melodious
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Dorientje Woller said:

If there is only one option, in this case "I Agree", makes every EULA, ToS, Roc or whatever you call it, simply "Null & Void" under the laws of the European Union, because you're denying one party the choice. It's FORBIDDEN to present EULA's, ToS, RoC's and so one without an alternative.

It is totally legal what LL does, they give you a choice not to accept them by not using their FREE software.
We are not talking about cookies here for a website. And even those can deny access when you don't agree to take them.

But most of the time those websites let you come in without placing cookies, because they have a commercial interest that you do enter, even without the use of cookies.
LL has no interest to let you in, when you don't accept their ToS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

"But it's NOT FAIR".

Sid, are people in YOUR country also so "entitled" as those who use the "not fair" argument?  I thought maybe it's a cultural thing.

Or, possibly Second Life provides a platform where people feel safe to complain, no matter how silly.

It is an open community. Everybody is entitled to their opinions, but rules are still rules, just like everywhere.
And just like everywhere there are those who want their own rules for everyone.

Hey, we have 16 different political parties in our parliament who divide the 150 available seats among them.
So there is a lot of back and forth before there is a majority to get a law past. We are used to discussion and different opinions. Even unreasonable ones.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Why is that a problem, if it is perfectly allowed? Because you don't like it? Because you don't want to see it or be around it? I'm confused by the issue here, sorry!

I think you have totally misread my post and just latched onto the word problem. 

I was saying if anyone has an issue with scantly clad people in M land, where even public adult nudity is allowed, then that is a problem specifically for the child avatar to deal with. The adults haven't done anything wrong. You're allowed to be scantly clad in M regions, you can walk around with nothing on if you want (so long as the land owner allows it). 

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The reason I ask is, by phrasing your statement as, "I have a problem with..", most people use this type of statement when they want to change something.

Again, you latched onto the word problem and assumed I had a problem with it, when really I was talking about the OP or anyone else who may have a problem. To reinterate, the onus is on the person who is offended. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Paul Hexem said:

Sounds like kid avatars should be restricted to G parcels only.

Maybe LL should launch regions with K(indergarden) level.
Foot stamping and shouting "I want it, I want it, I want it" mandatory there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

If General regions were fit for purpose and actually policed properly then this wouldn't bother me at all. Yesterday I came across a group joiner just out in the open on the road that was advertising an adult group and had nude adult imagery on it. Yes this was in General land. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Ehhhhhh. I'd say no, but mostly because so many totally G/PG stores choose Moderate sims, seemingly by default. A kid avatar should, in theory, be totally fine shopping for some pets or some plants or a barbecue or PG furniture or something.

My guess is store owners just choose Moderate so they don't have to constantly police what customers get up to in their shop. Makes total sense looking at it that way, but we know how that goes sometimes. 👀

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

If General regions were fit for purpose and actually policed properly then this wouldn't bother me at all. Yesterday I came across a group joiner just out in the open on the road that was advertising an adult group and had nude adult imagery on it. Yes this was in General land. 

I hope you AR'd it.

• Like 2