Why can't you terraform in the premium or premium plus homes?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posted (edited)

I have been wanting to install a backyard pool in my house. However, unfortunately, I'd have to dig a hole a bit in the backyard to do it. This raises the question, why am I paying 250$ a year if we don't have total control of our land? We should at least be able to terraform our yards how we please.

Edited by Mr Antfarm

Because you live in an HOA...

Well, kinda. You're not allowed to do that because of... well it would quickly become a mess. - I think your best option is to get out (of that HOA) and find some nice land somewhere else on Mainland where you have more (digging) control.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Well, kinda. You're not allowed to do that because of... well it would quickly become a mess. - I think your best option is to get out (of that HOA) and find some nice land somewhere else on Mainland where you have more (digging) control.

How so? I mean second life can create rez areas. Why not create terraform areas in our backyards?

16 minutes ago, Mr Antfarm said:

I have been wanting to install a backyard pool in my house. However, unfortunately, I'd have to dig a hole a bit in the backyard to do it. This raises the question, why am I paying 250$ a year if we don't have total control of our land? We should at least be able to terraform our yards how we please.

Bellisseria has a covenant on what you could do with a Linden Home to keep within a theme. If you want terraforming rights, you need to move out of Belli and buy a plot in the Mainland. Mainland allows you full control. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Antfarm said:

Mainland is also limited in terraforming, so it's not full control either.  If you really want to terraform, find a private region or parcel where the region owner can set the limits.

• Terraforming limits:
    • Most mainland can be raised/lowered by 4 meters (+/-).
    • Some mainland regions cannot be terraformed, including: Bay City regions, Boardman, Brown, De Haro, Horizons, Kama City regions, Nautilus City regions, Nova Albion regions, and Shermerville regions.
    • Linden Homes do not allow terraforming.
    • A few, very old mainland Regions like Da Boom have a terraform range of 40 meters (+/-).
    • Estate (private island) terraformability is settable to a maximum of 100 meters (+/-) by the estate owner or managers.

there are inflatable pools.. those normally are on the ground, not in, so keep their natural look in a belli garden.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

there are inflatable pools.. those normally are on the ground, not in, so keep their natural look in a belli garden.

I can't even set those down, because how they terraformed my yard is all un-level

why am I paying 250$ a year if we don't have total control of our land?

The OP asks why. It is because “terraform zones” would increase the cost of constructing and maintaining Linden Homes. Recall that terraforming can alter terrain beyond the borders of the zone and create problems. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Then move to a Linden Home that has more level land.

looks like that's going to be the case and re-decorate. Still wild tho premium plus houses you can't terraform the yard for all the extra prims.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Mr Antfarm said:

I can't even set those down, because how they terraformed my yard is all un-level

You can always give over a few prims to build a deck to elevate a pool if you already own it- or raise one and put a flower bed border around it.  

-In the past I have used a pool from the Black Forest and it's only 10L and it comes with a grass mound shape so you can elevate it- 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Garden-Swimming-Pool/12578961

Image 5-12-24 at 2.44 AM.jpeg

Image 5-12-24 at 2.47 AM.jpeg

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

You can always give over a few prims to build a deck to elevate a pool if you already own it- or raise one and put a flower bed border around it.  

-In the past I have used a pool from the Black Forest and it's only 10L and it comes with a grass mound shape so you can elevate it- 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Garden-Swimming-Pool/12578961

Image 5-12-24 at 2.44 AM.jpeg

Image 5-12-24 at 2.47 AM.jpeg

Looks like you picked a great location, I bought the pool tho you suggested. However, I'd need BIG rocks to make this work.https://gyazo.com/e7d8efaff65e5f395e0bf7979f60e339

2 hours ago, Mr Antfarm said:

of course you can, use a prim to level it, you can decorate that filler even with the right textures as those are availble.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mr Antfarm said:

looks like that's going to be the case and re-decorate. Still wild tho premium plus houses you can't terraform the yard for all the extra prims.

part of the reason mainland is such a mess is because people terraform with no consideration for their surroundings

You shoul be glad terraforming is disabled in belli, otherwise u dont know what gawd awful messes your neighbors could create 😂

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
spelling
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It is possible to raise a ticket if your terrain causes some problems but not for major landscaping projects like installing a pool.

When I had a houseboat the terrain was a little bit too high in places and poked through some of the houseboat options but this was resolved by raising a ticket.

Sadly if people were allowed to do what they want swathes of houseboats would become landlocked, log cabins would sink and float away and Mediterranean homes may end up looking like they were in Venice.

On the mainland where you can do what you want you may log on one day to find your beautifully designed parcel ruined by the terraforming done by a neighbour that has a knock on effect to your own land.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Yes more digging control and as a bonus a great chance to get neighbors with screens, eyesores and totally opposite themed stuff and landscaping. All for free with the purchase prize.
I personally would shell out the money for another pool.
That is in the end cheaper, less chance of neighbor eyesore stress.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mr Antfarm said:

Looks like you picked a great location, I bought the pool tho you suggested. However, I'd need BIG rocks to make this work.https://gyazo.com/e7d8efaff65e5f395e0bf7979f60e339

It is not totally leveled by design. It is part of the ranch theme.
I haven't had a ranch so far without the land rising or falling a bit in the back yard.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

You parcel raises up in the backyard. I had a parcel that actually sloped down in the back, which made installing a pool, had I wanted to, much easier. Perhaps you might want to play a round of GOH looking for a ranch parcel that slopes down in the backyard. They are out there.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.