Modesty Patch Discussion

On 6/2/2024 at 4:41 AM, Sadvhi said:

I've seen people using maitreya for their child avatar, but I personally couldn't size that body down enough for my liking. It works great for teens but not younger ages imo. I also had a lot of trouble with getting AK heads to match my (child av) body skin. I never did figure it out so gave up.

Just checked ... The baby heads from Akeruka are only fitted for Baby Chonk and ToddleeDoo bodies. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Just checked ... The baby heads from Akeruka are only fitted for Baby Chonk and ToddleeDoo bodies. 

The problem I was having had to do with the skin not matching. This is wearing the same skin on head, neck and body. I don't know what I'm doing wrong

ak neck.png

• Sad 1

On 5/31/2024 at 5:42 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

Q: How will this affect consenting adults who utilize adult avatars but affectionately refer to each other using terms such as Papi, Mami, Daddy, Mommy, babygirl, or babyboy, either due to theiur BDSM dynamic or simply as endearing pet names?

A: We understand taht people use all kinds of terms of endearment when referring to someone they have a romantic relationship with. Again, we are specifically looking for someone role playing a child avatar, and in some cases this kind of terminology may be used. "If you are an adult avatar, engaging in adult activity as an adult avatar with another adult avatar not role playing as a child, the new policy will have no effect on your activities."

I feel like they adopted that from what I said before was the case. lol

• Like 1

On 6/1/2024 at 7:46 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

It's probably because bewbies can start to show up early on with girls. I know I was 10, but I think they can even show up earlier than that.. My sisters sure did.. hehehe

Precocious Puberty effects 1 in every 5000 children. This is early puberty that starts way too soon.

15 hours ago, Honey Puddles said:

The main problem is twofold:

1. Most mesh bodies for female-bodied individuals are sold without mod permissions.

2. Most mesh bodies sold with potentially-sexually active, adult females in mind, have actual genitals modeled into the crotch (unlike with most male mesh bodies, which anticipate a separate attachment).

So while you can paint panties onto the skin or BOM (painties?).. you'll end up with a cameltoe of the worst kind. Almost every female mesh body comes with this genitalia modeled into the crotch, with the only exceptions I know being Tweenster (which is made for kids) and Senra.

The only mod bodies I know of are Kemono and Reborn. Both of which feature prominent labial folds and (optional) mesh nipples.

While Kemono (and some other bodies) offer the ability to 'hide' that geometry, it's not at all the same as 'not having it'. LL's been very clear about this point.. it can't be 'optional' for a kid's avatar.. and you can't have 'accentuated naughty bits'.. and if that's not accentuated, I don't know what is.

It's unclear whether an end-user modding their body to remove the offending geometry is an acceptable compromise.. and it has been suggested that the methods employed by LL to 'investigate' the avatar's state at the time of a reported infraction may be limited to what they can call up from the asset server that you were recorded as wearing at the time, which may well be limited to your skin files (hence the original statement about the undies being 'painted on' to the skin rather than BOM'd on.)

Much the same as child avatars live with some question as to whether hand-editing a furniture item/vehicle to remove adult content is or isn't considered acceptable.. or if the furniture/vehicle is forever tainted by the contents it shipped with from the maker.

Those bodies you are talking about are created with the intent of being adult bodies. Some people just use them to be a child, rp as a child, even though they are, in essence, adult bodies. Kemono, even though some suggest it's a child body, is an adult body. it is an adult furry body, that can be turned into a human. It is, primarily, furry.

Anyone playing a child would have to wear a child avatar, at this point. 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Honey Puddles said:

The main problem is twofold:

1. Most mesh bodies for female-bodied individuals are sold without mod permissions.

2. Most mesh bodies sold with potentially-sexually active, adult females in mind, have actual genitals modeled into the crotch (unlike with most male mesh bodies, which anticipate a separate attachment).

So while you can paint panties onto the skin or BOM (painties?).. you'll end up with a cameltoe of the worst kind. Almost every female mesh body comes with this genitalia modeled into the crotch, with the only exceptions I know being Tweenster (which is made for kids) and Senra.

The only mod bodies I know of are Kemono and Reborn. Both of which feature prominent labial folds and (optional) mesh nipples.

While Kemono (and some other bodies) offer the ability to 'hide' that geometry, it's not at all the same as 'not having it'. LL's been very clear about this point.. it can't be 'optional' for a kid's avatar.. and you can't have 'accentuated naughty bits'.. and if that's not accentuated, I don't know what is.

It's unclear whether an end-user modding their body to remove the offending geometry is an acceptable compromise.. and it has been suggested that the methods employed by LL to 'investigate' the avatar's state at the time of a reported infraction may be limited to what they can call up from the asset server that you were recorded as wearing at the time, which may well be limited to your skin files (hence the original statement about the undies being 'painted on' to the skin rather than BOM'd on.)

Much the same as child avatars live with some question as to whether hand-editing a furniture item/vehicle to remove adult content is or isn't considered acceptable.. or if the furniture/vehicle is forever tainted by the contents it shipped with from the maker.

Since they have said BoM is ok for modesty, it should also be ok for bodies.  Maitreya and  Reborn both have options to hide the geometry so to speak.  Reborn does it via the main HUD and Maitreya uses a separate BoM HUD.  You can then add BoM undies which won't show camel toe or nipples

BoM add-on parts

If your mesh body is set to BoM (Bakes on Mesh) mode and you want to wear clothing (system) layers then this add-on will be a good way to add a bit of realism. On some parts of the body you don’t want clothes to look glued on, like the space in between the breasts, when wearing a t-shirt. The BoM add-on parts offer a solution for this.

On the BoM add-on parts HUD you can toggle the following parts: 

* Breasts: spans the cleavage area so that your clothing looks more natural, not painted on your skin 

* Nipples: hides the nipples and replaces them with a smooth surface. 

* Bellybutton: smooths the contour to hide the navel indentation. 

* Pelvis: hides the detail of the genitals to make clothing look more real. (a.k.a. Removes Camel-toe). This section also spans the gap between the butt cheeks. (Removes perma-wedgie) 

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

BoM add-on parts

If your mesh body is set to BoM (Bakes on Mesh) mode and you want to wear clothing (system) layers then this add-on will be a good way to add a bit of realism. On some parts of the body you don’t want clothes to look glued on, like the space in between the breasts, when wearing a t-shirt. The BoM add-on parts offer a solution for this.

This is only useful if your avatar is ONLY wearing BOM add on parts.

You know.

Hanging about in vintage underwear or wearing 15 year old system pants.

This is not a solution and will actively conflict with rigged clothing.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

You know.

Some rigged clothing works.fine.  I've tried it.   Dresses are usually fine and some.pants actually worked since.I forget to.shut off the option a few times.  It's definitely going to be hit or miss but doesn't mean the bodies are completely unusable.  Until such time as there are.other options, it's certainly doable.

Example...wore this dress today with BoM undies and had the HUD set to hide camel toe.  It worked perfectly.

Natthimmel

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Some rigged clothing works.fine.  I've tried it.   Dresses are usually fine and some.pants actually worked since.I forget to.shut off the option a few times.  It's definitely going to be hit or miss but doesn't mean the bodies are completely unusable.  Until such time as there are.other options, it's certainly doable.

Example...wore this dress today with BoM undies and had the HUD set to hide camel toe.  It worked perfectly.

Natthimmel

That's my experience as well. The stretching across the boobs frequently does poke out through rigged clothing, but the crotch smoother is, unless I'm wearing very tight jeans, usually pretty ok.

Especially, of course, if one has the area alphaed out, which one certainly can.

4 hours ago, Starberry Passion said:

Precocious Puberty effects 1 in every 5000 children. This is early puberty that starts way too soon.

I wonder where they got that from, because me and my sister weren't the only ones starting bewbies at that age in our school// hehehe

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I wonder where they got that from, because me and my sister weren't the only ones starting bewbies at that age in our school// hehehe

Puberty generally begins around 8 but anywhere between 8-13 is within normal range.  I think I was around 10 as well with the boobies starting.  That's one of the first signs followed by the lovely body hair.   Weren't we all so excited to start shaving our legs!  That got old fast.  😄

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Gosh, I didn't first shave my legs until my 20's!

The ONE awesome thing as I've gotten older is I have almost no hair left on my legs.  Not that I had a lot to begin with but still, it's nice not having to think about shaving before I put my shorts on.  Thank god it hasn't all moved to my upper lip!  

R(51).thumb.jpeg.699ff6cbeea026174f14655899670573.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The ONE awesome thing as I've gotten older is I have almost no hair left on my legs.  Not that I had a lot to begin with but still, it's nice not having to think about shaving before I put my shorts on.  Thank god it hasn't all moved to my upper lip!  

R(51).thumb.jpeg.699ff6cbeea026174f14655899670573.jpeg

Meme divertenti, Divertente, Meme

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

You know.

Wearing the BOM layer for Maitreya is essentially wearing a Mesh bodysuit that's BOM enabled. Sometimes it will show through other mesh clothing, but not always. When we layer clothing, we usually have to check that the pieces fit together ok.

19 minutes ago, Sadvhi said:

The fact that girls as young as 8 are capable of bearing children really freaks me out. 

"Being capable of pregnancy", and "being capable of bearing children" are two different things.

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

"Being capable of pregnancy", and "being capable of bearing children" are two different things.

Just to let everyone know this entire topic has varied off topic and well into the "ick" factor.  

• Thanks 3

Just now, Madi Melodious said:
5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just to let everyone know this entire topic has varied off topic and well into the "ick" factor.  

Luckily, kids in Second Life don't have to worry about these horrible icky RL things! 

Like, the "modesty patch" may be covering.."nothing at all"!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Am I right in assuming the potato avatar wielding a rather large halberd, correct? Or was it a flamethrower? :)

Actually, my potato avi has a Star Trek uniform (security officer), complete with appropriate insignia. The only A-rated sim I ever really visit is Retro Trek. My potato even has the old-school, Cage-era laser sidearm, from back before they called them "phasers".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1