So what changed in the Terms of Service?

3 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Take it up with Linden Lab.  Humans don't have tails, but a pony does.  Sorry that following the LL Child Avarar FAQ is misinformation to you.

Q: I am a child avatar in SL. How do I shop for anything, when many of the popular stores for furniture, AOs, gestures, etc. have both regular and adult versions in their Moderate rated store?

A: As stated above, child avatars cannot engage or participate in the use of adult versions of such content. It may be best to create an outfit with a non-human or non-child human persona to run errands such as shopping, such as any of the default Second Life avatars, robots, et cetera.

Alright, I stand corrected.  Obviously they need to fire the person that created the FAQ's.  

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

My brain is fried @InnerCity Elf and my reading comprehension level is too low right now. Are you saying you wouldn't be happy if your text chat is being monitored in sl? 

I don't know what happens but a friend of a friend told me they can do this with keyword alerts. Would love to know if it's true, it certainly could be true.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason AR's go through .. The AR is made and text within SL is part of the proof.  It would be solid evidence that AP is being committed if people are doing it in text in local or IM.

Edited by Chery Amore
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

A: As stated above, child avatars cannot engage or participate in the use of adult versions of such content. It may be best to create an outfit with a non-human or non-child human persona to run errands such as shopping, such as any of the default Second Life avatars, robots, et cetera.

"It may be best" .... the one that wrote that must have been so tired that something other than a lame answer didn't rise up from the brain anymore... create a non human non child  ... but  robot etc ..

this grows trust and faith in good guiding ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Has the demand for "a free pony for everybody" already been discussed?
I saw so many unrealistic ideas and demands while scanning trough the during my night accumulated posts, this one can easily added IMHO.

I'd prefer a brown one, thanks.  :D

Can we have free centaur kits instead, rather be something cool and fantasy like.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Like in every good RolePlaying, one has to know when it is best to step out of character, child avatars included. That solves a lot of unneeded problems. Basically only drama driven self importance stands the easy solutions in its way IMHO.
So let's pile up some more pages with if's and but's shall we.  :D

All good, as long as there is that free pony in it for us.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

My brain is fried @InnerCity Elf and my reading comprehension level is too low right now. Are you saying you wouldn't be happy if your text chat is being monitored in sl? 

I don't know what happens but a friend of a friend told me they can do this with keyword alerts. Would love to know if it's true, it certainly could be true.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason AR's go through .. The AR is made and text within SL is part of the proof.  It would be solid evidence that AP is being committed if people are doing it in text in local or IM.

Among other things, yes, I wouldn't be happy with that.

It's not the same. AR is happening when someone notices something "suspicious" or blatantly against the ToS, and then reports it (at least that's my understanding of AR, I might be wrong). While what I'm wondering might be coming (or already is being done, in the you can't use certain words on the forum way) is more of SL becoming/being a surveillance state territory, the modus operandi not reporting if something is wrong or suspicious, but generally monitoring everyone, everywhere, all the time, because, in theory, everyone could be a "wrongdoer".

I hope that makes it clear, could also have been my writing, not your comprehension 😅

Edited by InnerCity Elf
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

I saw so many unrealistic ideas and demands while scanning trough the during my night accumulated posts, this one can easily added IMHO.

I suggested that LL should throw in a symbolic "pony" of some kind (🦕 also cool, of course!, as well as a free week in a LL amusement park or a few L$ to help with buying a modesty layer compatible new outfit ), as a sugar coating for the bitter pill of swapping non-compliant child avatars in people's inventories against compliant ones. As a gesture, saying "we know it's not your fault, you're still welcome here, we're sorry we have to do that to you because of some bad players/evil blog writers/new policies/etc.".

It's probably been brought up by others, too, but I admit I only read too many but still not all of the thousands of thread pages ;)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, InnerCity Elf said:

Among other things, yes, I wouldn't be happy with that.

It's not the same. AR is happening when someone notices something "suspicious" or blatantly against the ToS, and then reports it. While what I'm wondering might be coming (or already is being done, in the you can't use certain words on the forum way) is more of SL becoming/being a surveillance state territory, the modus operandi not reporting if something is wrong or suspicious, but generally monitoring everyone, everywhere, all the time, because, in theory, everyone could be a "wrongdoer".

I hope that makes it clear, could also have been my writing, not your comprehension 😅

We have the technology. Personally that's why I'd rather voice on discord than text all the time. No one want's to listen to my inane chatter all the time. Then again Discord probably has some voice to text tech running in the background right? 

I don't worry, I don't think most of us are that interesting as a collective to others.  Other than the reader saying "Oh yeah you gotta read this it's hilarious!".

And I know people hate others to say if your not breaking the law don't worry but it's pretty true. I think it would have to be really bad for them to take notice actually.

Edited by Chery Amore
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

We have the technology. Personally that's why I'd rather voice on discord than text all the time. No one want's to listen to my inane chatter all the time. Then again Discord probably has some voice to text tech running in the background right? 

I don't worry, I don't think most of us are that interesting as a collective to others.  Other than the reader saying "Oh yeah you gotta read this it's hilarious!".

And I know people hate others to say if your not breaking the law don't worry but it's pretty true. I think it would have to be really bad for them to take notice actually.

I'm not worried on a personal level, amd and I also think that most people, myself included, are too boring to be of much or any interest to people who don't know us. I'm also not really worried about anything at all other than what happens to my rl child, but in SL (as well as generally online and offline), steps towards what looks like surveillance and political (over)correctness leave me with some unease, and then there is the question of who has access to which information. In a "you know that a lot of data leaks aren't hacking by some dark web baddie, but due to (disgruntled ex-)employees?" kinda way. If someone, for example, has access to a person's chat histories, as well as to their verification real life data, even if that person hasn't done anything against the ToS, I'm still not worried, but I do see a problem there, in and out of SL.

There's also a tangent there with a topic that's come up in relation to the "reaction to "that blog" and its allegations discussion - wether employees of a platform should be allowed to "have a side business" on that platform. I think it's very important to make certain that the least possible amount of people have access to "multiple information" regarding one person, and that this structure is made transparent for the platform's customers. Like, even if my or someone's chat log would make anyone fall asleep within a minute, I don't want the person with access to our chat logs also be the person with access to our verification data.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Now you are just causing paranoia and fearmongering. If LL wanted to get rid of Child avi's they certainly wouldn't do it this way. They'd just ban them all outright.

Let's tell them they can just switch to a adult avatar if they want to go to A rated land and then BAM, they have stuff about being a child in their profile. That's when we git em'!

Ban them all outright....right, that's funny.

LL is not going to upset the rest of the flock outright, just cull out some unwanted minorities in a way so as to not spook the rest too much. Let the main herd continue grazing peacefully and maybe send in some shepherds to calm the fears of the ones curious about the commotion on the edges. No sense making it too obvious that their young are being picked out to be led to the slaughter.

Banning a large group all at once would just lead to destabilizing the economy anyway.

• Haha 1

I do think a public statement of some kind from LL reassuring those who play child avatars would be a good thing. I do actually believe they want to keep child avatars around. I'm sure in some ways it would just be easier to ban us altogether, although that would go against the very foundations of what SL is about in regards to freedom of expression.

I hope Quartz Mole won't mind me saying, but it was very nice to get a message reassuring me about the Social Hub. 

A public statement at the very least, would signal to people that it's not open season on child avatars and might help to reduce the levels of open hostility. There have been a number of very inflammatory comments in this thread RE child avatars. I'm going to continue ignoring them. 

I try to be as understanding as possible and unless you've played a child avatar, I don't think you can understand the level of contempt we receive, so in some ways I don't blame them. I just wish people were more kind and considerate to others. 

Cherry Amore, mentioned earlier in the thread that there are things people could do on M land to make it a friendlier place and in a way I agree. Now let's be clear, it's not a demand, no one is forcing you, no one is taking away your rights, but we all do things in life because they're polite and respectful, or I hope atleast most of us do. There is no rule stating I should smile and hold open a door for someone, but the world would be a very dark and sad place if we only did what we're legally obliged to do. Of course, not everyone does that either. 

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

nothing to do with the account, it was a normal account by an adult.  I just said her avatar she was playing was a teen, she would switch back and forth. Having anything that appears "adult" (aka sexual) related with an avatar that is, or looks like, 17 or under is against the rules.  That apparently includes just text in profiles or groups that are showing.  Yes that was the reason she was temp banned, she got an email where LL told her that.  I am just saying I suggest not trying to switch between child avatars and adult avatars on the same account, its safer to make a new account and keep the account you want to use a child avatar on completely PG related in every single way.... profile, picks, groups, whatever.

ALL profiles have to be suitable for a G rated audience. I would think even having adult groups with graphic names would be a violation of that rule.

Its an easy AR to get someone you don’t like. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

ALL profiles have to be suitable for a G rated audience. I would think even having adult groups with graphic names would be a violation of that rule.

I thought If you have adult stuff in your profile, you get put in a rating of Adult and people in G or M can't see your stuff?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

"It may be best" .... the one that wrote that must have been so tired that something other than a lame answer didn't rise up from the brain anymore... create a non human non child  ... but  robot etc ..

It sounds better then "You better or else"

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

It's one of the most frequently broken rules in SL. I'm not sure most people even know it is a thing. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I think doing away with public nudity on the Blake Sea to accommodate child / teen avatars, qualifies as a "free pony".

I'd rather be able to chose rather my profile is G, M or A so only those in an m and or A rated could find it, regardless of what I have on it. Because I'd rather be able to express myself, like I should be able to have freedom of self expression, as an Adult Avatar. We should be able to have that, at least, in a world were someone is telling you how to look. 

That would make it easier, and simpler and keeps child avatars from looking at Adult stuff on a profile.

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Yes, sounds too indeterminate, I would have suggested something like, "One option to consider" along with spelling out WHY there is a benefit to the option.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I'd rather be able to chose rather my profile is G, M or A so only those in an m and or A rated could find it, regardless of what I have on it. Because I'd rather be able to express myself, like I should be able to have freedom of self expression, as an Adult Avatar. We should be able to have that, at least, in a world were someone is telling you how to look. 

That would make it easier, and simpler and keeps child avatars from looking at Adult stuff on a profile.

I personally wouldn't risk it. I logged an alt in last night and cleared off anything in About, cleared off the Picks for any Adult Clubs and sanitized the groups by deleting anything but some for stores I had, though even there I'll probably go through them and get rid of any that only sell fashions for 15-25 year olds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belindacarson said:

You could just use old fashioned phone calls to chat.  When I get people bugging me I give them a number for a premium sex line

So you're the reason my phone never stops ringing!

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Software solutions developments are always (very) costly.
The smoothest way is to adapt to the rules (also when they change). Never expect that there will come a fairy around granting all kinds of individual (or small minorities') wishes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I personally wouldn't risk it. I logged an alt in last night and cleared off anything in About, cleared off the Picks for any Adult Clubs and sanitized the groups by deleting anything but some for stores I had, though even there I'll probably go through them and get rid of any that only sell fashions for 15-25 year olds.

You misunderstood. I am asking for that to be a possible implementation so that people can have such. If a G rated person clicks into a profile, it will just not show for them. 

Just now, Starberry Passion said:

You misunderstood. I am asking for that to be a possible implementation so that people can have such. If a G rated person clicks into a profile, it will just not show for them. 

Possible-yes. Likely?-- no.

5 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

OH I missed that post.  Interesting though since a child would never be collecting rent because well....they are children.

Well, I give up. We should just ban all child avatars and keep only animesh ones.

eventually LL will, plus all underage avis

The rest of us will be barbie and ken dolls

• Like 1
  • Haha 1