So what changed in the Terms of Service?

6 minutes ago, ErwinVonVlotho said:

That's probably because you specifically said ""the child then carried on looking for love in all the wrong places". It's hard to interpret that as anything but a reference to a**play, really.

Right, referenced as a third party, not an I statement. There is also as Sammy stated, those who join family groups as well those who involve themselves in a platonic D/s relationship as I have in past.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Ok. Did I say I personally did a**play anywhere? Sounds like you are reading more into my posts then what they were intended to convey.  Did you realize that SL has a fairly large D/s and BDSM community?

I'm so reluctant to go here for so many reasons including that you seem very nice...  but yes it has a huge BDSM community and there are hidden pockets there. People proudly display in their picks or profiles what percentage of this or that.. I'm more dom.. I'm more sub and one of those is they are so much of a percentage of  age.. player. 

You have indicated here and there that you are approached by men that want to do that with you, and I'm assuming it's because you are very borderline in looks (you are free to correct me) to some and they might start encouraging you to act or become younger for them. 

I have seen people try to tell you that it is your responsibility not to engage which I did also yesterday. You've indicated you AR'd them ect but that while fully immersed it's confusing. Which I understand.

Personally I think if you get that immersed and confused as someone that invites by their appearance or otherwise that you might want to find a way to change how you proceed. Either get older... don't immerse so much or go younger and very innocent.  

Times are changing in sl and you might want to stay on top of that instead of arguing against the changes. Especially since it will do you no good in the long run and put you at risk in other ways.

I'm sure people are gonna say ... oh but it's not her fault that her skirt was too short...he shouldn't have as some sort of dismissive retaliation of what I say here. It's not like that at all. You are in a sexual community and probably appear underage to most. The cards are stacked against you here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Right, referenced as a third party, not an I statement. There is also as Sammy stated, those who join family groups as well those who involve themselves in a platonic D/s relationship as I have in past.

I'm not saying you do it. I'm saying this line of argument looks very like a defence of those who do.

Edited by ErwinVonVlotho
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, brodiac90 said:

Someone else, I forget now, suggested the idea of a child avatar account that you had to subscribe to like premium so that all your info would be on file. 

Something tells me this is a bad idea some people would be complaining that they are spending more then they already need to. 

Edited by Wincil

8 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

I'm so reluctant to go here for so many reasons including that you seem very nice...  but yes it has a huge BDSM community and there are hidden pockets there. People proudly display in their picks or profiles what percentage of this or that.. I'm more dom.. I'm more sub and one of those is they are so much of a percentage of  age.. player. 

You have indicated here and there that you are approached by men that want to do that with you, and I'm assuming it's because you are very borderline in looks (you are free to correct me) to some and they might start encouraging you to act or become younger for them. 

I have seen people try to tell you that it is your responsibility not to engage which I did also yesterday. You've indicated you AR'd them ect but that while fully immersed it's confusing. Which I understand.

Personally I think if you get that immersed and confused as someone that invites by their appearance or otherwise that you might want to find a way to change how you proceed. Either get older... don't immerse so much or go younger and very innocent.  

Times are changing in sl and you might want to stay on top of that instead of arguing against the changes. Especially since it will do you no good in the long run and put you at risk in other ways.

I'm sure people are gonna say ... oh but it's not her fault that her skirt was too short...he shouldn't have as some sort of dismissive retaliation of what I say here. It's not like that at all. You are in a sexual community and probably appear underage to most. The cards are stacked against you here.

I agree, perception is everything in matters like these. People need to be very careful about what they say as things being mistaken for others things, even if there was no ill intent, can have very bad consequences for those affected. 

There shoud be no confusion where it comes to child avatars and adult activities. It's one of the main reasons I play as a 9 year old boy. No one could look at my avatar and think I'm anything but a child. I think if you have an avatar that is borderline then that is very dangerous.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I think it's time for someone to come up with another "new idea".

(To help balance someone's suggestion to "register child avatars".)

"Thinking Caps" on!

When Brainstorming - Remember, no idea is a "bad idea" - no matter what certain people say!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:
47 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Remember Aubretec? NDE?

No, at least not by name. What were they, or more to the point I guess, what were they using that broke?

Wasn't NDE a terminal / purchase system?

I see some AubreTec items discussed here: 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Theresa Tennyson said:
19 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This is why I have dogs (RL).  

I assume people don't get in as much trouble with pets in SL, but if they did, ewww.

...never mind.

Oops, sorry.

9 hours ago, Starberry Passion said:

The reason why sexual undera.p. is illegal in Second Life is not because of a U.S. law, it is because of the Community's dislike for it, as whole.

If you take the time to read up on the law you can find out for yourself, it would have to be indistinguishable from real life because the law only protects real actual children. In the laws eyes, someone on a child avatar doing things with another child avatar isn't a pedophile, unless they are with an actual minor.

So you're slandering those people legally.

I am not defending sexual under-A.P. but I am trying to make it clear that L.L. banished it from the community because the Community at large had spoken out against it and they want to do business with other countries

This Forum should be more respectful to one another and more kind to the other side but it's always someone being nasty, talking about burning child avatars, calling them nasty little pests, trying to make the user feel bad behind it.

Some people seem to be confused about what I am saying, well let me help you understand

a13a086ac17f087b9ece47c9af3478d0.png

1 hour ago, Starberry Passion said:

I know a lot of people who is a Maitreya that want to try Legacy and they say Legacy is too expensive 5000 or 5,500L$? That's like 22.27$ or 24.49$ People don't even want to spend 25$ for the body they want, I don't see people buying AP and A.V. Ontop  charging L and or paying a premium every month and if they're paying for a sim every month.

And you know what body they want? 

7 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Some people seem to be confused about what I am saying, well let me help you understand

a13a086ac17f087b9ece47c9af3478d0.png

Being asked to read a screen capture of rules I already know, is vulgar and makes me want to use profanity.

Does that help?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think it's time for someone to come up with another "new idea".

(To help balance someone's suggestion to "register child avatars".)

"Thinking Caps" on!

When Brainstorming - Remember, no idea is a "bad idea" - no matter what certain people say!

I would hope just a don't be nude rule is good enough be it a skin or BoM underwear, the result would be the same. If a child avatar was seen nude or engaging in something they shouldn't, they risk being AR'd. SL has the rule in place so it should be plenty of cover if someone violated it, it would be a clear violation, and not SL's fault. I don't see how anything is needed beyond that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Being asked to read a screen capture of rules I already know, is vulgar and makes me want to use profanity.

Does that help?

I won't stop you from doing that, but Quartz asked for the topic to stay on track, as did you before. 

Just now, MissSweetViolet said:

I would hope just a don't be nude rule is good enough be it a skin or BoM underwear, the result would be the same. If a child avatar was seen nude or engaging in something they shouldn't, they risk being AR'd. SL has the rule in place so it should be plenty of cover if someone violated it, it would be a clear violation, and not SL's fault. I don't see how anything is needed beyond that.

I tend to agree.

All the "what-ifs" seem somewhat excessive, addressing things like:

- What if someone de-renders their clothing?

- What if their clothing fails to download / render?

- What if the body / skin does not support the "modesty layers"?

There almost "have" to be exceptions for some of these situations. (He said, optimistically.)

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Less "in my face", but yeah - think I know the Forum Rules ("Community Guidelines") by now.  If someone is "confused by them", and someone else posts the entire Rules, it doesn't help.

What WOULD be helpful, is some context: A quote including what someone was confused 'by', and the specific Rule(s) relevant to the Poster.

It's like, if every time someone had a question about the TOS, you posted a link to the TOS. 🙂

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

Thank you for the initial comment. Just to clarify, I've never AR'ed anyone inworld and don't intend to start, Not my business. I may be be quite immersed in my RP when I play it but that doesn't extend to becoming confused. Like you said, it is not my first rodeo. I RP'ed the bimbo for quite a while but I wasn't very good at it but in some ways I don't see the reaction of the other as being that different to me being a teen. There were a lot of similarities to how I was treated. In some ways it is a natural extension except more of an age regression and no, I won't regress any further as I tried the prepubescent avatar but found through an experience I've already related, to be not so enjoyable and too vulnerable to bad actors. Additionally, relying on the community to police the grid is bound to be problematic as we have thousands of different interpretations of what may or may not constitute a young avatar. It could be a potential madhouse here should they all start filing AR's against what a lot deem to be child avatars. I am just happy to have my own grid to stay at for the next while and I would suggest those who are very invested in the avatar, to do the same.

SL does seem to be changing and personally I don't feel it is for the better. This focus on AR'ing anyone who is not toeing their own interpretation of the ToS line is something fraught with an anti community spirit that will be too prone to destroying SL from within. Hopefully Governance sorts itself out and actually follows its own guidelines as that might allay some of the potential problems inherent in the new policies but that remains to be seen.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

Residents presenting as Child Avatars shall be prohibited from the following:

• Being fully nude.

If you are nude underneath your clothes you still are nude there. Not with baked on skin undies. OK? These cannot be removed like some BOM layer. It´s just a bullet proof modesty rule, and that´s what LL wants.

• Like 1

Idea:  A standardized (optional) "Profile entry" (field/slot) to use for those who are intending to present as a certain age, so that there is some consistency.

"I SAY that I am 8 years old, and my PROFILE says I am 8 years old." 

That way, you can spot a "young person" just by reading their profile. You don't have to guess, or ask and argue with them about how young they look.

The only downside I see (unless this is abused somehow), is people who switch back and forth between "adult" and "child" would be inconvenienced.  Do / will people really switch like that, except when they "have to" for shopping, etc.?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Residents presenting as Child Avatars shall be prohibited from the following:

• Being fully nude.

If you are nude underneath your clothes you still are nude there. Not with baked on skin undies. OK? These cannot be removed like some BOM layer. It´s just a bullet proof modesty rule, and that´s what LL wants.

As stated many times before, a skin is easy to replace with another skin, which end in the same result, the violating avatar being AR'd for violating the rules. 

• Confused 1