So what changed in the Terms of Service?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

@Lucia Nightfirenever did come back, though.  She abandoned her own thread!

I got my answer on the second comment. I don't have much time to devote to the novel this thread has turned into. I think I was last on page 33? I'll finish it when the thread gets locked after LL has decided that they've got all the useful intel they think they're gonna get. I'm mostly interested in questions from creators and answers from Lindens. I wish there was a way to only go to those pages.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 6

Just now, Lucia Nightfire said:

I got my answer on the scond comment. I don't have much time to devote to the novel this thread has turned into. I think I was last on page 33? I'll finish it when the thread gets locked after LL has decided that they've got all the useful intel they think they're gonna get. I'm mostly interested in questions from creators and answers from Lindens. I wish there was a way to only go to those pages.

I've somehow managed to keep up with the entire thing.

I don't think we've had any creators of child avatar products post in here (yet). There was mention of one who wanted to update, but found it difficult to do so without modesty layer guidance (which will be coming soon).

No answers directly from Lindens yet. One FAQ update, but the next one will be coming in a few days (mentioned in Tommy's most recent post from this morning, listed over on the right under Popular Posts).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I got my answer on the second comment. I don't have much time to devote to the novel this thread has turned into. I think I was last on page 33? I'll finish it when the thread gets locked after LL has decided that they've got all the useful intel they think they're gonna get. I'm mostly interested in questions from creators and answers from Lindens. I wish there was a way to only go to those pages.

I haven't seen ONE post by a creator of body's or skins questioning anything...like what a modesty panel should look like. I still find that odd. Probably a good thing or they would get piled on.

I'm still thinking they got some sort of separate communication about it. 

Posted (edited)

I just had an idea that if we make Second Life "safe" following the "enhanced" rule changes, it may be an opportunity not only for growth, but for new businesses in Second Life!

For example, a "Kid's Club" - no Adult avatars allowed. I even thought of a name, "Shawty's"!

Do you think this kind of idea is worth starting a thread about?

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Dum Lion has idea
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If you want people to give consideration to your defence of your freedoms and choices, you need to acknowledge and concede those of others as well.

That's why we need a workable compromise here.

((snipped most of the comment to save space))

Okay.  I'm good with that.  I don't really want to remove the moderate regions ether.   I'm also not really against nudity, adult nudity, on public moderate land.  I just don't want people telling me that "fair" that I be confined to fluffy paradise of puppies and gumdrops because the size of my avatar.  

An no, I don't think I should be running around on adult sex infested land as this avatar.   Truth is I would never do that with her.  I have an adult alt for that, if I chose to do that. 

People just telling me to "age up" or change avatars really don't get it.  I've been trying to "age up" for several days now.  It's very difficult for me to do because this little avatar has a very special and deep meaning for me.    Asking me to abandon her to me would be like losing something all over again.  

What I really want is it just to be encoded in writing somewhere that the burden of proof isn't on me to prove my innocence if some adults in the Blake, or wherever decide it's time to get naked.  The tos seems to imply that but not in a clear way.  

Just to be clear I'm not looking for a loophole in the tos that says I can go skinny dipping in the Blake if a bunch of adult avatars show up to do it.  I can't join them, but I also don't have to flee the sim because someone took their top off. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

I think whoever makes the post that runs this thread over 200 should get a inworld plague.

I wouldn't wish the plague on anyone. You can die from the plague.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Madi Melodious said:

s because the size of my avatar.  

The size of your avatar is not relevant to the TOS or changes, but unfortunately, users can decide however they want, who to allow or ban.

52 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

We are not pretending to be children. We will fight for the right to be naked, as adults, ON A ADULT PLATFORM!

You're fighting for the right to pretend to be naked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

You're fighting for the right to pretend to be naked.

She might get naked in RL when her avatar gets naked for the immersion.  Yeah, that's it.  🍑

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Denim Robonaught said:

I think this altered rule is completely over the top.

So I can't even take a bath in my own house anymore, go sunning/sunbathing, be a mermaid, take my kid to any place where a a nude person is present, or where a nude person barges in. and I'd have ask anyone that comes in naked to dress or leave?

But let me tell you one thing, if I'm somewhere with my kids and some naked person comes in, We won't be the ones leaving.

Edited by Denim Robonaught
typo
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Nope.  Fortunately, we're scripters.

Don't you just love it.  One of my best friends inworld wanted me do customer support.  I responded.  "nope.  I wrote the script. You are the one that wanted to sell it."

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

People just telling me to "age up" or change avatars really don't get it.  I've been trying to "age up" for several days now.  It's very difficult for me to do because this little avatar has a very special and deep meaning for me.    Asking me to abandon her to me would be like losing something all over again. 

If you ever want some help finding a look or building an avatar you can feel comfortable in, you could start a thread over in Your Avatar and we can help you out over there.

If you're willing to consider a fantasy or non-human avatar, that might be a little easier to transition to. For me, my frog is an absolute blast to shop for and run around in and no other avatar I own makes me laugh quite as much as that one does (she's entirely ridiculous, which is absolutely my thing). I mean, what other avatar can I buy a group of quacking duck companions for and have my own little squad?!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The size of your avatar is not relevant to the TOS or changes, but unfortunately, users can decide however they want, who to allow or ban.

The size is relevant.  They said that height and gender won't the the sole factors investigating ARs... they never said it wouldn't be a factor.... so it'll just be part of it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I just had an idea that if we make Second Life "safe" following the "enhanced" rule changes, it may be an opportunity not only for growth, but for new businesses in Second Life!

For example, a "Kid's Club" - no Adult avatars allowed. I even thought of a name, "Shawty's"!

Do you think this kind of idea is worth starting a thread about?

We are listening.....😎

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

So I can't even take a bath in my own house anymore, go sunning/sunbathing, be a mermaid, take my kid to any place where a a nude person is present, or where a nude person barges in. and I'd have ask anyone that comes in naked to dress or leave?

But let me tell you one thing, if I'im somewhere with my kids and some naked person comes in, We won't be the ones leaving.

Take your bath when the kids are in school, wear your swimsuit sunbathing, mermaids don't have visible genitalia and females can wear those shell bras.  Do you often run into random nude people when out with the kids?   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1