So what changed in the Terms of Service?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:
2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

what about furry children

Good question. My guess is that they aren't going to touch that question. And they may not need to: I suspect that depictions of furries in "adult" contexts are not covered by the laws that LL is most worried about.

I'm switching side on this part, but with a twist.

Next: If we allow too many changes to accommodate "child avatars", LL will think they can indeed require Furries to wear clothing / not have genitalia visible, etc. EVEN FERALS.

• Like 2

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

RL equivalent: We were all born "children", and all born "naked". 

Serious question: Which is more important to you, now that you are a RL adult? Play-acting as a child, or play-acting as if you had the freedom to be nude?  If I personally had the choice, it would be "play-acting as if I had the freedom to be nude".

Absolutely. I have zero interest in being a child, whereas I DO go nude occasionally (mostly for pics).

But this isn't about your preferences or mine: it's about trying to find a compromise that safeguards as many rights and freedoms, for as many people, as possible.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Isn't nudity also a "choice" though?

Yeah it is .. but they are adults choosing to be children. I'm an adult in areas that can only be accessed by adults choosing to be.. an adult. I don't see how penalizing adults helps anything.

Edited by Chery Amore
extra o's!
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Good question. My guess is that they aren't going to touch that question. And they may not need to: I suspect that depictions of furries in "adult" contexts are not covered by the laws that LL is most worried about.

They're not but they still might have them cover up.

A furry isn't a human avatar, it is humanoid but it's a non-human avatar so it's probably different for them since they're most likely to be seen as non-human animals.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Branduff Bisnovat said:

You guys casually liking the reddit mod post probably aren't familiar with how messy it actually is over there. Even right now the most active thread, created by a mod, misrepresents the company's actions in the title itself.

SL Reddit? Messy? Wow!

I can't imagine!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Perhaps we just make a rule that Child avatars are only allow on beaches in G rated sims OR if you own a beach that allows nudity then it should be A Rated.

So you want kids on only G Rated sims? I think Moderate is fine too, as long as their is no hanky panky going on in front of the person who is playing a child. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Do you think I am going to pay the ridiculous amount of L's that it takes to own or rent land on Zindra or Horizons? BAD BAD idea. I'm not paying $400 RL so I can go topless on a beach in a virtual world.

If LL goes ahead with my suggestion to release a hundred new horizons sims all at once, with a low low sale price of say $10,000 L per parcel, you will get one 😁

A lot of ppl here are just whining because they don't want to go along with the rules, and/or are just engaging in performative victim routines, and however more clearly the rules are written isn't going to change any of that by any sliver of an iota.

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Serious question: Which is more important to you, now that you are a RL adult? Play-acting as a child, or play-acting as if you had the freedom to be nude?  If I personally had the choice, it would be "play-acting as if I had the freedom to be nude".

Absolutely. I have zero interest in being a child, whereas I DO go nude occasionally (mostly for pics).

But this isn't about your preferences or mine: it's about trying to find a compromise that safeguards as many rights and freedoms, for as many people, as possible.

But it is exactly in making that compromise, that we GIVE UP our freedoms!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Serious question:  Which is more important to you, now that you are a RL adult? Play-acting as a furry, or play-acting as if you had the freedom to be nude?  If I personally had the choice, it would be "play-acting as if I had the freedom to be nude".

It's all in the perspective of your individual choices.

More serious question:  If they banned ALL furries would you just leave or raise a stink? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ineffable Mote said:

A lot of ppl here are just whining because they don't want to go along with the rules

Some of us are discussing the pros / cons etc. of rules that have yet to be clarified (for example, nudity on public in "M" regions).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

If LL goes ahead with my suggestion to release a hundred new horizons sims all at once, with a low low sale price of say $10,000 L per parcel, you will get one 😁

And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt when he jumped.

1 minute ago, Chery Amore said:

Yeah it is .. but they are adults choosing to be children. I'm an adult in areas that can only be accessed by adults choosing to be.. an adult. I don't see how penalizing adults helps anything.

I don't want to "penalize" anyone -- I'm just pointing out that assuming that one position or another is the "default" one is employing faulty logic. Everything we do here, and everything we are permitted to do, is a "choice." Given that there are many more adults who want to go nude or have sex than child avatars is part of the calculation, but the idea that child avatars are a kind of deviation from an imagined "norm" is both erroneous logically, and a little dangerous.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I may...because that would be $47 not $400!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Some of us are discussing the pros / cons etc. of rules that have yet to be clarified (for example, nudity on public in "M" regions).

Nudity is allowed in public on Moderate regions, non-sexualized per the TOS, and it's always been crystal clear.

Edited by Ineffable Mote
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

Bad actors will not be limited by that... they'll just use/make a viewer that still allows it.  I don't see how you could block this server side.

True but the average "bad actor" is not going to take the time to research how to compile a viewer, download the needed software and libraries for that, download the sources, and do the thing just so they can make some worn pixels transparent.  Sure, some might already have the skill, and some might be willing to go through all that effort, but I suspect not many of either camp. 

Just because it won't stop *ALL* bad actors does not mean that it shouldn't be done as a general pretty good idea mitigating action.  "Not everyone is going to obey the speed limit <dramatic shrug> I guess we just shouldn't have speed limits at all", said no one ever.

Edited by Anna Salyx
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

But it is exactly in making that compromise, that we GIVE UP our freedoms!

We all give up freedoms in order to make society working. Going outside and firing a weapon into the air is a freedom you've been denied because it endangers others.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Removed jokey but offensive aside
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chery Amore said:

Yeah it is .. but they are adults chosing to be children. I'm an adult in areas that can only be accessed by adults chosing to be.. an adult. I don't see how penalizing adults helps anything.

I don't think they will but some people are bringing that up, because some people argued that maitreya, legacy and reborn can be made into child bodies, which I can't see how adult bodies marketed to adults, built as an adult woman is used in such, other than labels and clothing they drop onto those bodies that are labeled as outfits for children or just us an outfit for an adult and say it's child etc.

• Confused 1

I...actually don't know about that one. Nor do I want to go find out. 😆

Funny enough, my furry avatars are the least of my worries. They have the most PG skins out of everything else anyway.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I honestly don't see much of a reason for it at all in public Moderate.  Do people often feel.the need to strip down while walking along a mainland road?  Naked sunbathing on the Blake so you don't get tan lines?  

I've been involved in all manner of adult activity in SL so I'm far from a prude nor am I clutching my pearls about seeing some naughty bits but I can say, I've never felt I needed to disrobe while on ANY public land.  YMMV

If I've gotten a new mesh body and want to show it off, I have Adult sims that let me do this.

On the other hand, skin stores kind of have to allow nudity, so people can try on skins and see how the demos look before they buy them. It's much the same with clothing stores, if one doesn't want to take home all the demos to try them on. I generally figure, if a clothing store or sale event is on Moderate land, they expect customers will go briefly naked now and then.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Serious question:  Which is more important to you, now that you are a RL adult? Play-acting as a furry, or play-acting as if you had the freedom to be nude?  If I personally had the choice, it would be "play-acting as if I had the freedom to be nude".

It's all in the perspective of your individual choices.

More serious question:  If they banned ALL furries would you just leave or raise a stink? 

I mean it is dependent on the person.  That and the big thing is, I don't think they would ban any demographic. They would just get rid of the bad apples in the specific demographic 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I'm not so sure it needs a restart, it's not marked as so in the Estate panel. The button just says "apply", the means mostly instant change.

When I saw that button that is what I thought too.  I tested it on my own sim and the change wasn't instant.  I figure there was a delay but I don't know what it is.   

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kathlen Onyx said:

Serious question:  Which is more important to you, now that you are a RL adult? Play-acting as a furry, or

2 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

play-acting as if you had the freedom to be nude

?  If I personally had the choice, it would be "play-acting as if I had the freedom to be nude".

A Neko is not a "pure/real Furry" - so, while I would be sad to give up being a anthropomorphic or feral Lion, I would accept giving those up before I would give up being a Neko lion.

So:

2 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

play-acting as if you had the freedom to be nude

..is more important.  Assuming of course, that LL couldn't find an excuse that I could no longer wear ears, tail, and whiskers.  Which would be rather short-sighted. 

I, personally, would give up being a "full Furry" tomorrow given the choice between ONLY being a "Full Furry" or a "Neko".  I spend 98% of my time as a Neko lion, and only about 1.5% of my time as a feral lion, and about 0.5% of my time as an anthropomorphic Furry lion. 

You asked, so thanks - that's my answer! 🙂

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

We all give up freedoms in order to make society working. Going outside and firing a weapon into the air is a freedom you've been denied (except maybe in Texas?) because it endangers others.

Interestingly enough even us bumpkins that live in Texas live by rules.

In Texas, you can discharge a firearm on your property outside of city limits without any laws regarding the size of your property. However, if you want to shoot a firearm inside city limits, your property must meet certain size requirements:
  • Shotguns, air rifles, air pistols, BB guns, or bows and arrows: You need at least 10 acres of land
  • Centerfire or rimfire rifles or pistols: You need at least 50 acres of land
Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.