So what changed in the Terms of Service?

Keep in mind that there were, also, child avatars that have went on adult sims in order to get the sim in trouble, on purpose. There were those types as well. So this ultimately protects from both types. A child avatar cannot come to an adult sim for potential flagging and harming everyone around them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

Or there's a woman on her profile with a mile long list of sex groups and in her picks she'll say she roleplays as a kid or a teen often providing the picture and backstory for her roleplay. 

I do think that anyone that roleplays as a child avatar, even if not all the time, should keep their profile clean and hide any Adult groups.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Once more: there is a difference between a region rating and actual content/action. Take action against a kid avatar actually doing something adult - not for being in a place with a special letter at the top of the window.

But if you are going to play a kid Avatar, why should you be in an A rated region anyways? If you don't like it, get an adult avatar so you can go to these places. Its pretty simple really. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I mean these people could also have things they don't do in front of their SL Children. Have you ever thought of that? And I also mean you can be both and adult and kid avi. And partake with G rated fun on your child avi and adult rated fun on your adult avi. I mean I know a few people who do that, and have both a child and adult avatar on their accounts. I don't think that is a problem. 

Ya, I have three boys in RL.. Me and my husband and whatever kinks me and him have. We make sure the boys aren't even home and  staying somewhere else for the night, when those special occasions happen.. hehehe

I don't think groups and someone having family pics should be lined up together as the same kink, I mean unless it's showing up pretty consistent throughout their profile.  Like in the about me section and the wording in the pics.. Because sometimes a family is just a family..

I think there should be more to it since groups can mean one thing while pics can mean another.. It's second life and we can all have more than one path going on .I know I have my fair share of different paths.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I messaged Grumpity in world, to see if they could update the FAQ to specify it. I hope that helps ♥

I didn't realize you had a direct line. Do we all have this ability cause I'd love to message a mole or a linden and ask some questions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

But if you are going to play a kid Avatar, why should you be in an A rated region anyways? If you don't like it, get an adult avatar so you can go to these places. Its pretty simple really. 

Because in that region something (insert whatever non-adult place or item you like) caught my interest and I simply don't check for symbolic letters without any real meaning?

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Starberry Passion said:

Keep in mind that there were, also, child avatars that have went on adult sims in order to get the sim in trouble, on purpose. There were those types as well. So this ultimately protects from both types. A child avatar cannot come to an adult sim for potential flagging and harming everyone around them.

I still dont understand how the child can get the sim in trouble, its the childs responsibility to stay away from adult content, not the other way around.

If a child happens upon two adults doing it, the child cant take a picture and AR the adults, adults are not obliged to stop just because a trouble making kid shows up

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Since I submit ARs sometimes, I'll answer this:  Sometimes, the profile tells us whether the avatar is a child, teen, or adult. If not, then if the avatar appears to me to be mid-teens and someplace that a teen should not be, I will AR.  I cannot definitively define "appears to be mid-teens" because it has to do with their overall look and their actions and words.

Right and since LL doesn't give hints on defining it, it is ambiguous and completely in the hands of the individual. That leaves it open to a wide range of interpretations, like this modesty layer which after 100 pages is still not resolved.

Edited by Arielle Popstar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I didn't realize you had a direct line. Do we all have this ability cause I'd love to message a mole or a linden and ask some questions.

Just look her up in search. That is how I did it. Lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Vanity Fair said:

Vanity, who left this thread yesterday afternoon at page 46, signs back in to find it is now at page 102, and faints. 

Nothing really new Vanity. The last 10-12 pages will suffice imo.

• Like 1

Because in that region something (insert whatever non-adult place or item you like) caught my interest and I simply don't check for symbolic letters without any real meaning?

Doesn't matter the activity on it, if it's rated A then yeah no child avatar should be there. As certain activities can happen on there and well that is why I say that. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

That differs between the ToS and the FAQ.

FAQ; "Q: I already have a child avatar that does not have a built in modesty layer.  Can I still use that since I purchased it already?
A:  No. Going forward, child avatars will be prohibited from being fully nude.'  Note; "Built in modesty layer" That implies not removable, you can swap a skin, hence it's removable.

A skin is always removable, but it should not be removed from a child avatar. And it does not really matter if someone calls the modesty patches "bult in" or "baked on". That differnce in expression might be stuff for TV lawyer sagas at best. The ToS are very clear.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

To make this clear: I never went to places with adult activities going on. Setting a region rating to "adult" doesn't mean that anything adult is going on there, there are different reasons to set this rating. (One of them being the result of former witch hunts, scaring region owners into thinking that they would be banned if they for example had a sex bed in their bedroom in a region set to "moderate".) So I still don't see the wisdom in this blanket restriction instead of enforcing the rules for actual behaviour. You discover kid avatars doing the dirty? AR them! Totally fine with me. You discover kid avatars simply walking down a street in an adult rated region with no adult activities going on at all - what is the problem with that? I know of RL kids who have to pass a brothel everyday on their way to school and you know what? They are not punished for doing so.

For more than 10 years I managed one of the oldest club sims catering to kid avatars, the most "adult" stuff ever happening there were car races. We had (and still have) a very strict no-nudity policy - which in 9 out of 10 cases we had to enforce against adult avatars. I have initiated Kids5B when LL in their wisdom decided to hide the kids community at SL5B, I organized KidsMesh, the first showcase of mesh clothing for kid avatars at a time when it was almost impossible to find mesh clothes fitting small avatars. I've been around, I've seen lots, and I'm sick and tired of knee-jerk reactions because of people who can't seem to think anything but "pedo sex" when they see kid avatars. Doing something for the sake of doing something, to be able to say "But we fight against that, don't you see us making rules?" simply goes against my idea of actually make the situation better.

Because going to adult places, isn't really a good idea on a child avatar in general. What could you find there that couldn't also be found in a general or moderate region? All the kids shops I go to are on general or moderate land, in my whole time in SL I've only ever found two kids shops on adult land nether had anything inappropriate, but one was across from a very adult look shop and I left ASAP. I while I agree you can find adult places with no adult content, that is not a can of worms I want to touch while in kid form. Every activity that the community I'm in has ever done as been in non adult land. I've never seen any good reason to hold a kid event on adult land, and parks, non nude beaches, playgrounds, amusement parks, etc, are plenty easily found on non adult land. Why should I ever seek out adult land for kid activities?

What justification can you give me for doing something on adult land instead of general/moderate? I can't think of one good reason to need to be there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vivienne Schell said:

A skin is always removable, but it should not be removed from a child avatar. And it does not really matter if someone calls the modesty patches "bult in" or "baked on". That differnce in expression might be stuff for TV lawyer sagas at best. The ToS are very clear.

Every mainstream kid avatar is BoM every mainstream kid head is BoM, how do you propose to make it non removeable?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I still dont understand how the child can get the sim in trouble, its the childs responsibility to stay away from adult content, not the other way around.

If a child happens upon two adults doing it, the child cant take a picture and AR the adults, adults are not obliged to stop just because a trouble making kid shows up

Many people happen to go to afk and many people happen to have RLV. Some people are trolls and some people are griefers. You really think that people do not have malicious intent for other people minding their own business?

Some people hate play second life.

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Doesn't matter the activity on it, if it's rated A then yeah no child avatar should be there. As certain activities can happen on there and well that is why I say that. 

As in "don't visit this haunted house, 3 houses down the street is a brothel"?

A very easy way to solve this is to have child avatars accounts. But I guess that's too much work for LL.

If you want to play a child, you must use a child avatar account.  These accounts would automatically have the A rating disabled and no A rated items are able to be purchased. The account can only use an approved LL body on this account and cannot switch to any other body. You are only able to purchase items marked with the "CA" icon. If you are using an adult avatar you are prohibited from purchasing any "CA" items or clothing.

It would have worked if they set it up this way from the start, but alas they didn't. So now we have this mess.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

Because going to adult places, isn't really a good idea on a child avatar in general. What could you find there that couldn't also be found in a general or moderate region? All the kids shops I go to are on general or moderate land, in my whole time in SL I've only ever found two kids shops on adult land nether had anything inappropriate, but one was across from a very adult look shop and I left ASAP. I while I agree you can find adult places with no adult content, that is not a can of worms I want to touch while in kid form. Every activity that the community I'm in has ever done as been in non adult land. I've never seen any good reason to hold a kid event on adult land, and parks, non nude beaches, playgrounds, amusement parks, etc, are plenty easily found on non adult land. Why should I ever seek out adult land for kid activities?

What justification can you give me for doing something on adult land instead of general/moderate? I can't think of one good reason to need to be there.

I  can only repeat it: a place isn't adult because of a letter at the top of the screen. That letter only sets the maximum of what is allowed there. It doesn't make adult content/action mandatory.

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel Regenbogen said:

I  can only repeat it: a place isn't adult because of a letter at the top of the screen. That letter only sets the maximum of what is allowed there. It doesn't make adult content/action mandatory.

A place is Adult rated if it is set to Adult rated.

• Like 3

Well it does now and should have from the beginning. You ether have to abide by it, get caught and banned, or leave, those are the options now.

• Like 6

The rating is what matters, not the content in the new rules..

Before it was the content that mattered.. Now it's the rating..

• Like 4

What you should do then is message the owner and ask them if they would be willing to reduce the rating to M rated or move the sim if it's in a place where it can't be reduced.