So what changed in the Terms of Service?

5 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Making a skin with a modesty layer is not the problem. The problem is THAT IT MUST NOT BE REMOVABLE. As soon as skin creators make skins with modesty layers I can go get one, am I complaint? No, why? Because there is nothing stopping me from using an illegal skin. I wouldn't do that, but that doesn't matter. The requirement is that there should never be an option for that to happen. 

If you use illegal anything in SL that is on you for breaking the TO's that you agreed to, to log into SL so Linden can cancel the service to you.

In this situation it's up to other residents to report you and then up to linden to make a judgement and enforce the TO's.

Really not sure why it's hard to understand.  Some people are just pushing for pushing sake, as children avatars are infamous for, acting like kids.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The modesty layer must not be removable ...meaning it must be fixed on to the skin .. as in not a separate layer as to not be removable from the skin.

It is not to be welded into your avatar with no possibility of ever being removed. You are allowed to change avatar, you just cant be a child avatar without an irremovable modesty layer.

Yea, the modesty layer is fixed to the skin. What is to stop you from wearing another skin?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

If you use illegal anything in SL that is on you for breaking the TO's that you agreed to, to log into SL so Linden can cancel the service to you.

In this situation it's up to other residents to report you and then up to linden to make a judgement and enforce the TO's.

Really not sure why it's hard to understand.  Some people are just pushing for pushing sake, as children avatars are infamous for, acting like kids.

My point is, at the moment there isn't an option to be legal. It's not choosing to break the rules or not, at the moment there is no option to follow the rules. By default, all child avatars break the rules. The modesty layer cannot be removable. How do you achieve that?

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wincil said:

I wouldn't say that most people do. 

Every single adult region I go to has a restriction against anime type avatars so I'd say a majority of people see them as children.  Whether YOU see.them as such is really irrelevant.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

I can imagine groups of avatars with pitchforks and flaming torches going from sim to sim looking for non compliant child avatars... LOOK THERE'S ONE GET THEM 😂

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Since LL cannot really force an option of 'never getting around the modesty layer", that is where the avatar decides whether or not they play by the rules.  If they do not and they get caught, they may be permanently banned.

I don't think it is the intent that one must ALWAYS wear it even if they are not in a child suit.

4 minutes ago, Wincil said:

It states that it's not linden labs intent to banish childlike avatars in and of themselves in the ToS. 

What they have stated and what is actually happening are completely the opposite.    Short of outright banning child av's they have done the next best thing.   There are child av closing their accounts in droves.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, brodiac90 said:

My point is, at the moment there isn't an option to be legal. It's not choosing to break the rules or not, at the moment there is no option to follow the rules. By default, all child avatars break the rules. The modesty layer cannot be removable. How do you achieve that?

Everyone has 2 months to start doing the new rules from what I understand.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brodiac90 said:

I know that, again, you're not seeing the point. How do you create a chld avatar. so that when someone is using it, they can't remove the skin? If you try to do that with BOM you can just replace it with another Bom skin. 

Of course you have to be able to remove it.

While a child avatar, you have to be able to pick a different skin .. that will also have a modesty layer cooked onto it.

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Yea, the modesty layer is fixed to the skin. What is to stop you from wearing another skin?

Nothing. The same nothing that stops someone from wearing an entirely different avatar.

The case they wish to prevent is skins and separate modesty layers.

Those risk being forgotten or removed accidentally.

The tiny minority of actual bad apples who don't care, wont care and aren't paying attention to the rules anyway. This rule isn't for them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wincil said:

There's no need for witch hunting over a anime avatar. 

Just now, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Anime aren't children, but I'm afraid anime are next

I don't think LL will automatically consider all Anime avatars as children.  

However, many owners of Adult regions do not take a chance and simply kick them all out, because it is difficult to be sure.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

It is now open season on child avatars

Probably. But without people running and fostering child avatars while generating lots of unrest and outrage all over the grid there would be no open season. The LL action is a reaction, and most likely one one which could not be avoided.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I can imagine groups of avatars with pitchforks and flaming torches going from sim to sim looking for non compliant child avatars... LOOK THERE'S ONE GET THEM 😂

Pretty much

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In a way, it always has been

But now even more so.

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Every single adult region I go to has a restriction against anime type avatars so I'd say a majority of people see them as children.  Whether YOU see.them as such is really irrelevant.

Not every adult region has that restriction.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Madi Melodious said:

What they have stated and what is actually happening are completely the opposite.    Short of outright banning child av's they have done the next best thing.   There are child av closing their accounts in droves.

Hearing this too.

• Sad 1

I've been in Second life fourteen years, and  I've seen maybe a dozen child avatars in that whole time, and none of them were naked.

I've seen hundreds (or maybe thousands) of barely legal teenagers, Lolitas, and baby girls though. They are all doomed.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Everyone has 2 months to start doing the new rules from what I understand.

Yes and until things can hopefully be resolved we're all stressing that we're not going to be complaint by June 30th, again, the vast majority of us have done nothing wrong. 

1 minute ago, Wincil said:

Not every adult region has that restriction.

Don't think I ever actually encountered an adult region that actually outright bans anime avatars. I know they exist but they are no were near a majority.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I've seen hundreds (or maybe thousands) of barely legal teenagers, Lolitas, and baby girls though. They are all doomed.

Will take them a while to get though all the kawaii, femboy and anime avatars.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Don't think I ever actually encountered an adult region that actually outright bans anime avatars. I know they exist but they are no were near a majority.

I don't go to Adult regions enough to know what is or is not normal or majority.  I have been to a few that do automatically kick out any Anime or Lolita avatar -- just to be safe. 

In the future, that actually might relax a bit.  Now, since child avatars are not even allowed to go to an Adult region, if they do, it is the avatar's fault and thus the region owner should not ever be held responsible anymore.

Then again, the fear within in the region owners might never go away and they may continue to kick out anyone that they deem looks enough like a child 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3