So what changed in the Terms of Service?

2 minutes ago, Lita Jannings said:

do you have a Link or Direct message me inworld for these devices. think I have the purple one but not the other 3.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/OO-Avatar-Ruler-precise-height-detector/2769845

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Avatar-Height-Scale/1789002

the other two I got for free inworld i'd have to give you a copy of them

6 minutes ago, Lysana McMillan said:

And inaccurate. Kemono can have larger breasts. 

The same way with AVIL.   The body can be used as a adult shape.  I'm moding my shape and look to fit with the new rules.   Going for around 20 or 21 years old.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

The first one height has me as (far left)
[15:28] Exact Height/SL Viewer Apperance Mode: Starberry Passion is 1.681180 m (5 ft. 6in.) tall. (counting shoes) - Prim Height

The second, second one, the red and white ruler has me as 
[15:29] [OO] Avatar ruler 1.4: Starberry Passion, your avatar's height is 160 cm (5' 3") counting your shoes.

The third one is a height and script checker, this one is the one that takes a lot off of the avatar. 
[15:30] height and script checker V2.1: < Starɓɛrrɣ Ɖɔllƒiɛ > (includes shoes) - i don't use shoe height-
[15:30] height and script checker V2.1: Height in Shape Editor: 1.40 m (4 feet 7 inches)

the forth one I am 170cms which is 5'5"

Scripted height checkers use an LSL command that pull down information about an avatars collision capsule, not the actual prim height of the avatar. Problem is that "height only goes to the center of your head, thats why the red and white fossil is about 3 inches shorter than the others. There is also some space under the capsule, that has to be added, FS eventually got around to doing that, the official fail-viewer might have by now, but I wouldn't bet on it, it's only been about 10 years.

The third ne is a broken piece of badly coded ancient drek, ditch it.

The first one probably uses some of Henri's code, since it's open source.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Scripted height checkers use an LSL command that pull down information about an avatars collision capsule, not the actual prim height of the avatar. Problem is that "height only goes to the center of your head, thats why the red and white fossil is about 3 inches shorter than the others. There is also some space under the capsule, that has to be added, FS eventually got around to doing that, the official fail-viewer might have by now, but I wouldn't bet on it, it's only been about 10 years.

The third ne is a broken piece of badly coded ancient drek, ditch it.

The first one probably uses some of Henri's code, since it's open source.

Rezz a prim, make it phantom and 50 percent transparent, scale it on the z axis until it matches the body height and one gets the exact height (in meters). I don´t get what the problem with heigth should be, anyway. A 50 cm tall fully breast/bottom loaded kupra with a lascive smile on it´s balloon lips certainly isn´t a child avatar.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Wincil said:

What new rules exactly? 

The new "child-like avatars cannot be on Adult rated land ever, cannot be naked ever, cannot have genitals ever etc." rules.

The ones people have been talking about for  FIFTY SIX PAGES now.

Remember?

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

The new "child-like avatars cannot be on Adult rated land ever, cannot be naked ever, cannot have genitals ever etc." rules.

The ones people have been talking about for  FIFTY SIX PAGES now.

Remember?

Well it can be hard to define what a child avatar is btw child like can mean anything. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Vivienne Schell said:

I don´t get what the problem with heigth should be, anyway

The "problem" is the ones who are p*ssed off they they can't go to adult destinations anymore or be naked, are claiming that "all females under 7 ft tall will be banned" and "height varies depending what units you measure in" and a load of other nonsense.

The funniest nonsense is claiming a child like avatar isn't child like if it 5'4" tall, as if there were some "official adult height" which there isn't.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Wincil said:

What new rules exactly? sorry Was a little confused when someone said that. 

You have been participating in this thread for almost 24 hours now and you don't know what it is about?

The TITLE of the Thread even says "what changed in the terms of service"

Anyway:

LL Blog post:  https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/15531-enhancing-our-world-together-important-updates-for-the-second-life-community/

image.png.06cea292a522fc35595449d6c5d6a01f.png

Policy link:  https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Clarification_of_policy_disallowing_ageplay?_gl=1*hvi5fx*_ga*MTg2MjU1MTg2Ni4xNzAzMTE1NzMw*_ga_T7G7P6DCEC*MTcxNDc3Mzg3MS40NTAuMS4xNzE0Nzc2OTcyLjAuMC4xNzA0NTczNDc3*_fplc*bWVkSlE0SzA2eGlpNEJxQlpFeGlacDE5eDBIN2EyJTJGejhJaFlHc0FTWUhwQ05NUWRWNnVpZEhDcExyN2dISHJrWjFFZDFXdG8xN3EyNlF1VHJXMmpDd0ZTN0dKd2JpdU1Ua0NaUHI2YVhXZVdLS3J3SkpFOXolMkJwVzYycFJVZyUzRCUzRA..

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Wincil said:

Well it can be hard to define what a child avatar is btw child like can mean anything. 

If your avatar in SL looks like your forum picture, that is child-like to most adult region owners.  How LL will see it?  Who knows.  Enter adult at your own risk.

• Like 3

Just now, Wincil said:

No, it can't

we're not talking about 

Child-like = cute

or 

Child like = innocent

or

Child-like = nice

In LL's revised ToS, "child like" has one vague meaning.

Child-Like = Looks like a child.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Oh geez, I know you've been reading this thread since the beginning because you've posted in it!

• Like 2

Just now, Zalificent Corvinus said:

The "problem" is the ones who are p*ssed off they they can't go to adult destinations anymore or be naked, are claiming that "all females under 7 ft tall will be banned" and "height varies depending what units you measure in" and a load of other nonsense.

The funniest nonsense is claiming a child like avatar isn't child like if it 5'4" tall, as if there were some "official adult height" which there isn't.

Yeah. My latest experience with one of them was: She got caught on a posbeball containing adult anims and perfermed some more or less  explicit actions with a  pony there (moderate sim). I adressed her and asked her for showing at least some kind of conciousness regarding the problems running a child avi in SL. The answer was "I am a child, how can you expect that?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Wincil said:

Well it's not linden labs intent to banish childlike avatars in and of themselves.

They HAVE banished them from all Adult Rated Land.

enter an A rated parcel looking like a child, and you are breaking the ToS, and have become an official SL Criminal

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

No, it can't

we're not talking about 

Child-like = cute

or 

Child like = innocent

or

Child-like = nice

In LL's revised ToS, "child like" has one vague meaning.

Child-Like = Looks like a child.

childlike = looks like a child? that seems kinda vague ngl.  

Edited by Wincil

Height isn't a problem, according to Linden. It's only a problem to some people who dislike shorter.

b0bed2104ae54e9c28c3bdb8bec27254.png

Being short does not get you banned from Second Life or adult sims, the owner can Ban you for being short but being short alone is not grounds for termination.

5 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Yes and LL has said that it can be difficult defining a 'child' in some cases.  Based on your forum picture, I'd call you a child and if you TP'd to an Adult region that I owned, I'd send you out and ban you.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If your avatar in SL looks like your forum picture, that is child-like to most adult region owners.  How LL will see it?  Who knows.  Enter adult at your own risk.

What are you even on about *facepalms* 

On 5/2/2024 at 4:30 PM, Madi Melodious said:

How about when I wearing nothing there?  Do I still need this modesty layer if there is nothing there?  I mean the complete lack of private parts, not just alphaed out.

If nothing is there an if your mesh clothes are derendered an still nothing is down there then nothing to report you for as there is is no proof if your skin or body has a modestly layer an if anyone does have proof to report it they are using using Illegal tools to see that. I use a child avi and i refuse to update my skin over something this ridiculous ,, ill continue to just use Bom underwear an alphas like i always do as my modestly layer.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes and LL has said that it can be difficult defining a 'child' in some cases.  Based on your forum picture, I'd call you a child and if you TP'd to an Adult region that I owned, I'd send you out and ban you.

You don't even know what my avatar even looks like in world.