So what changed in the Terms of Service?

3 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

I didn't say I wanted to be nude, you took my post completely out of context. Where I said, whether I will be able to remin in SL, is refering to whether the content creator for my body will update so I will be complaint. I want to be complaint. 

You said you felt sick that you have to wear a modesty layer as a child avi then said you might not renew your membership

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Madi Melodious said:

Not could, did.   Look me up in world for it.

Hi @Madi Melodious I no longer have a child alt, BUT I am thinking of writing up an editorial post on my blog where I summarize the latest kerfuffle over the May 2nd ToS changes and their potential impact, and I would very much like to include your automatic teleport attachment when a child avatar visits an Adult rated region. Is this something available via the SL Marketplace, or do people have to seek you out in-world? I'd like to add this to my blogpost, if I can. Thanks! 🙂

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I haven't seen that distinction Ceka. A child avatar for the purpose of the ToS is anything under the age of 18.

Ya, but to get that to fit into the description, it becomes more based on profile and admission and actions more than looks.. But features of a child like avatar are more about visual proportions than anything..

If you read the  underage play rules and description you can see where they use that as part of defining an underage avatar.

where visually it is more based on the proportions.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Wishful thinking on your part sure. Fact is if you don't look like a 7 foot tall Kupra Karen your walking on thin ice.

Not true, I walk around in a Slim legacy perky with [+] Perky Petite add on all the time and I'm still fine.

I even am 5'3" I wear a Lel Prim head, I dress adult and act adult and most times people don't mess with negatively.

The only ones that ever messed with me are people who thought height mattered and they would message me calling me a child for being short, was never about how I looked. It was usually giant people who did that.

Edited by Starberry Passion
  • Like 4

Just now, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

You said you felt sick that you have to wear a modesty layer as a child avi then said you might not renew your membership

I feel sick because it reminds me that there are people out there that want to do things to kids like that and not all of us had happy childhoods the first time around. I come to SL to relax and do the things I never got to enjoy when I was a kid in RL. My SL family are lovely and have helped me heal a lot. 

• Like 9

Just now, Vivienne Schell said:

Maybe not in the US. In most European countries certain purely virtual acts (first of all performing sexual activities with child avatars included) performed by adults (not even with REAL children at the keyboard involved) are a criminal act. Whoever thinks that ***** in SL is a safe harbor for pedos is plain wrong.

And I'm totally fine with fighting such actions. On the other hand most European countries are much more open about things like nudity, age of consent, drinking age and stuff like that. Maybe I'm so unhappy about this new witch hunt because I grew up in such a place. Makes me wonder where this US american "land of the free" comes from.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Don't be silly. 

I still remember the era of height detectors "fondly". When you literally couldn't go to certain places unless your AV was unrealistically tall.

What I'm talking about comes from experience, and all I got was a lousy t-shirt.

• Thanks 2

Just now, brodiac90 said:

I come to SL to relax and do the things I never got to enjoy when I was a kid in RL. My SL family are lovely and have helped me heal a lot. 

Sounds like you should keep logging in then. I don't think a modesty layer is "a small price to pay" or any price to pay, really, unless the purpose of your child avi is to be naked. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Child and teen avatars should not do adult things, it's really that simple. Just being somewhere is *not* doing anything adult.

Adult land is for adult activities, we are allow to be lewd, naked, and having a three-s*me in public if we want. It is land meant for ADULTS, not children or teens, avatar or iRL. Why would you as a child avatar want or need to go to an adult sim?! If the store is only on adult sim, be an adult. It's easy peasy. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Not true, I walk around in a Slim legacy perky with [+] Perky Petite add on all the time and I'm still fine.

I even am 5'3" I wear a Lel Prim head, I dress adult and act adult and most times people don't mess with negatively.

The only ones that ever messed with me are people who thought height mattered and they would message me calling me a child for being short, was never about how I looked. It was usually giant people who did that.

I mean yeah, if I had a dollar for every time I've had this problem I'd probably only have a few dollars in my 17 years of SLife, but it does happen enough to concern me.

Edited by Leslie Trihey
  • Like 2

Just now, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Sounds like you should keep logging in then. I don't think a modesty layer is "a small price to pay" or any price to pay, really, unless the purpose of your child avi is to be naked. 

oh I plan too, my concern though, is complaince. Currently all child avis are broken. Hopefully my body can be updated soon so it will be complaint. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

^^ This

Crooks, by definition, do not care about laws. Similarly, folks that are actually involved in any *****, do not give a crap about the rules.  Hell, there have been rules against it for most of SL's existence, and yet it very likely does still happen.

Peeve: When others (not you) use this as a reason that we shouldn't have certain laws / rules at all.

It is not an excuse for no rules/laws at all.

However, the reasoning is worth looking at for not going overboard on rules - i.e. continuing to add rule after rule after rule to crack down on person A and then person B and then person C and then...................

For the edge cases, the outliers, it is better to just deal with the folks themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I love how some people here insist that there's no way we can ever know if it's a child avi. Newsflash - We know what kids look like and no, it's not JUST related to height. 

The folks saying that are talking about the late teen avatars.  It really can be hard to tell a 16-17 yr old from an 18-yr old on looks alone.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

I still remember the era of height detectors "fondly". 

Children have distinct facial features and body shapes and as humans we can easily spot a juvenile. This is not new science. But there will always be people in sl who insist its aabsolutely to impossible to recognize those features in sl. For "reasons"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For the edge cases, the outliers, it is better to just deal with the folks themselves.

I expect the entire "modesty layer" aspect will be dealt with that way.

Only if a child avatar is "naked" in public and reported will anything be done.  

Otherwise, nobody probably cares if a child avatar does / does not actually have a modesty layer.  Just don't be naked.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The folks saying that are talking about the late teen avatars.  It really can be hard to tell a 16-17 yr old from an 18-yr old on looks alone.

And some kids look older than they are, like some adults look younger than they are IRL so that makes it even harder.

Look at Gemma Ward, for example. You can't tell her age in many of her photos, until you look it up. I posted a photo, in forums after making a Gemma Ward look and people said it was a child, when it wasn't even a child. The woman is 36 years old.

Then I made a Devon Aoki inspired look, same thing again, she is  41 years old but people were swearing it's a child

Edited by Starberry Passion
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Read the FAQ aimed at content creators. The body MUST have a baked in modesty layer that cannot be removed. Simply having a 3rd party skin from another creator with a modesty layer is not enough.

I'm still not so sure about that.  The policy says " a modesty layer which is baked into child avatar skins or bodies"

I think the "bodies" part simply applies to those bodies that cannot change skins.  

SEE LL -- Here is another area where we need CLARIFICATION.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

A store that sells both Adult and items rated general or moderate would require a store in each to be able to serve both adult content and give access to those who are no longer able to access Adult regions

This is what I would like to clarify at the forthcoming Governance office hours.   My reading of the KB is rather different from yours -- I take it to mean I can sell beds containing adult animations from my store on M rated land so long as I don't use Adult search terms in my store listings and don't encourage people to hold orgies there, but I would like to ask Governance to confirm this.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Theresa Ravenheart said:

Adult land is for adult activities, we are allow to be lewd, naked, and having a three-s*me in public if we want. It is land meant for ADULTS, not children or teens, avatar or iRL. Why would you as a child avatar want or need to go to an adult sim?! If the store is only on adult sim, be an adult. It's easy peasy. 

Adult rating simply means that adult activities are allowed - not that they actually take place all or even most of the time (except really sex related areas). And once more: there are many adult rated regions that have nothing adult on them - owners just want to be on the safe side (a reaction to another witch hunt years ago). And I explained about the store topic already, but for you I will do it again. If I for example want to check out totally-non-adult furniture or animations, that are sold in totally different corner of a region that is rated adult because in some area there *is* adult stuff available, I can't do that. If I want to buy for example a teen bedroom for *my* avatar, I want to check it out with *my* avatar to see if it actually works the way I like it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm still not so sure about that.  The policy says " a modesty layer which is baked into child avatar skins or bodies"

I think the "bodies" part simply applies to those bodies that cannot change skins.  

That makes a lot more sense than skins AND bodies!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Ya, I think it would be that even the bodies that can't change skins would need updated, since the mesh still needs to be skinned at some point I would think.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah that's harder. But honestly...just wear a more adult looking avi for some places. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Children have distinct facial features and body shapes and as humans we can easily spot a juvenile. This is not new science. But there will always be people in sl who insist its aabsolutely to impossible to recognize those features in sl. For "reasons"

It's all fine until someone decides that you look like a teenager. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Or decides adult anime avatars look to young. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Leslie Trihey

1 minute ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

If I want to buy for example a teen bedroom for *my* avatar, I want to check it out with *my* avatar to see if it actually works the way I like it.

Check it out with a clearly adult looking avi. You heard of the "Outfits" folder?

• Like 1