So what changed in the Terms of Service?

8 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

I see a new BOM industry here - tint and tone matching underpants for specific bodies.

No need for a new industry. We can all make blank clothing layers and tint them ourselves. Any oldbie knows this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think the child avatars that they are addressing with these changes are before puberty child avatars and not avatars that look like they are under 18..

Child avatar is pretty much it's own genre in this world.

I haven't seen that distinction Ceka. A child avatar for the purpose of the ToS is anything under the age of 18.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

No need for a new industry. We can all make blank clothing layers and tint them ourselves. Any oldbie knows this.

Those are removable so not fit to comply with the new rules.

I have not read all 34 pages.

I am glad there are new rules and guidelines.  Child avatars in adult regions never should have been allowed to begin with.

It is right for parcel owners to be the ones to decide whether someone looks 17 or 18 or what fashions are allowed in their club or store.  If they want an adult themed club, they get to decide what adult looks like on the land they pay for.

If someone wants a club for the cute Lolita or anime look, they can buy a parcel and give only people with that aesthetic who will see those fashions as adult a place to be.  

I can't take seriously those who demand entrance to parcels others own to use however they want just because they say they are playing an 18 year old.  The rules are not anyone's bill of rights to to anything they want anywhere they want because something they want to do isn't against the TOS in their opinion. 

No children on A land. Good.

Communities made where certain fashions are accepted as adult. Good.

The power of the parcel owner to decide how they ascertain age. Good.

I'm not sure how I feel about the modesty layer. I don't think it helps anything and makes a lot of content unusable.   So, not good.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

There simply is no need to change as long as behaviour is prosecuted and not appearance. And I didn't talk about trying out adult animations, if I would do that it would be a good and real reason for punishment. I was talking about trying out kids animations/furniture and being punished for simply being in the same store that in some other area has adult stuff. Or for being on a region that is rated adult but has no adult stuff on it at all.

It would be good to clarify this at one of the forthcoming Governance office hours, but it's my understanding that there's no particularly requirement for a store that sells "adult stuff" to be on an adult region, though they may want to be on one in order to use particular search terms.   From the Knowledge Base

Second Life's Moderate designation accommodates most of the non-adult activities common in Second Life. Dance clubs, bars, stores and malls, galleries, music venues, beaches, parks, and other spaces for socializing, creating, and learning all support a Moderate designation so long as they do not host publicly promoted adult activities or content and do not use adult search tags. Groups, events and classifieds that relate to this broad range of activities and themes generally should also be designated as Moderate.

Residents in these spaces should therefore expect to see a variety of themes and content. Stores that sell a range of content that includes some "sexy" clothing or objects can generally reside in Moderate rather than Adult regions. Dance clubs that feature "burlesque" acts can also generally reside in Moderate regions as long as they don't promote sexual conduct, for instance through pose balls (whether in "backrooms" or more visible spaces). However if any of these businesses uses adult-oriented search tags, the region may be categorized as Adult and blocked from appearing in non-Adult search.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

The intent is to make it impossible for kids to be nude. Again, this is mostly a good idea, although part of me feels sick that I need this modesty layer - I've done nothing wrong. I don't know if I'll be able to remain in sl. 

I think you need to take a good hard look at why you find the ability to be nude in a child avi so valuable to the point that youre willing to quit sl over it. 

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Yes, and therefore a stupid point to act on. There is a difference between a naked kid dancing on a pole in a club - and one splashing in the water on a nude family beach. But if I re-enacted my totally innocent and sexfree RL kid summer fun in SL I would be punished for that.

I think we need to differentiate between want and need.

A person running an avatar may want to run about as a child naked on a nude beach sim. I get that this is possible here and RL.

There is no need to do that, however, because why not kiddie bathing suit?

The later point is LL's new ToS and view it seems, and it boils down to the usual point in life that if you "don't like the rules, don't play the game (in that way)."

Not the nicest way I could have put that, but that's the gist of things now.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Once more: why should that be necessary? Because some people are not able to see differences in behaviour? Makes me wonder what is going on in these peoples minds. Reminds me of the old saying of "He who sees the naked human body as something dirty and to be hidden must have a really dirty mind himself.".

Ahem ... It's necessary because those are the new rules. It really has nothing to do with what anyone wants, them's the rules. It has nothing to do with behaviours or intent.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Because it's not much of an ask and won't ruin your family beach day unless the fun for you actually comes from being a naked baby. 

Gdanmit why are people so creepy here

Inorite? Think I need a non-creepy hug.

3 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

It would be good to clarify this at one of the forthcoming Governance office hours, but it's my understanding that there's no particularly requirement for a store that sells "adult stuff" to be on an adult region, though they may want to be on one in order to use particular search terms.   From the Knowledge Base

A store that sells both Adult and items rated general or moderate would require a store in each to be able to serve both adult content and give access to those who are no longer able to access Adult regions

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I love how some people here insist that there's no way we can ever know if it's a child avi. Newsflash - We know what kids look like and no, it's not JUST related to height. 

In my experience, no, a lot of people can't tell the difference. I stopped making my avatars based on eighteen-to early twenties old because despite having a rocking set of boobs and a huge dick, and a body and face based on real proportions and pictures apparently anything that looks under 30 is enough for some people to yeet you. And yes, height is a huge factor.

Not to mention anime avatars, already in this thread someone said an outfit should be banned because it was on an anime avatar.

Edited by Leslie Trihey
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I have not read all 34 pages.

I am glad there are new rules and guidelines.  Child avatars in adult regions never should have been allowed to begin with.

It is right for parcel owners to be the ones to decide whether someone looks 17 or 18 or what fashions are allowed in their club or store.  If they want an adult themed club, they get to decide what adult looks like on the land they pay for.

If someone wants a club for the cute Lolita or anime look, they can buy a parcel and give only people with that aesthetic who will see those fashions as adult a place to be.  

I can't take seriously those who demand entrance to parcels others own to use however they want just because they say they are playing an 18 year old.  The rules are not anyone's bill of rights to to anything they want anywhere they want because something they want to do isn't against the TOS in their opinion. 

No children on A land. Good.

Communities made where certain fashions are accepted as adult. Good.

The power of the parcel owner to decide how they ascertain age. Good.

I'm not sure how I feel about the modesty layer. I don't think it helps anything and makes a lot of content unusable.   So, not good.

There's also a lot of butthurt because people hate rules, rules don't work, etc.

15 minutes ago, Sabrina Nebula said:

Some of you get pretty triggered here huh? Interesting 🤔 

Who knew? Usually when this stuff comes up, we don't get a lot of response from the child avatar community.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

same as child abuse, sex with animals is prohibited in many countries also... next TOS change?

Linden Lab is only concerned with laws against what is depicted. RL behavior has nothing to do with Second Life.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Because it's not much of an ask and won't ruin your family beach day unless the fun for you actually comes from being a naked baby. 

Gdanmit why are people so creepy here

The creepy ones are the people like you. Again, makes me wonder what is going on in your mind. You're definitely someone who should be kept away from real kids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

The creepy ones are the people like you. Again, makes me wonder what is going on in your mind. You're definitely someone who should be kept away from real kids.

I apologize for being so normcore.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

As someone who exclusively plays a kid avatar this is my take. 

I agree with about 99.9% of everything the Labs are doing. Kids shouldn't be on adult land. I'd also like to see better policing of G land to ensure adults behave too. 

Even the modesty layer is mostly a good idea, it just probably should have been implemented from the start. The problem is the execution where it breaks years / $$$ of content. My avatar is effectively broken and will be banned on 30th June unless updates are forthcoming.Playing an adult avatar is not an option for me no more than people who have male avatars and would never use a female one or vise versa. 

Read the FAQ aimed at content creators. The body MUST have a baked in modesty layer that cannot be removed. Simply having a 3rd party skin from another creator with a modesty layer is not enough. I actually fully expect the labs to delete all the old versions of child avatars from people's accounts if / when things are updated. That's what I would do. The intent is to make it impossible for kids to be nude. Again, this is mostly a good idea, although part of me feels sick that I need this modesty layer - I've done nothing wrong and never will but will be punished because of the actions of a few.  

The execution is poor. My premium renewal is up this month. I don't see the point in spending £99 when I don't even know if I'll be able to remain in SL. 

I don't think they are going to go and start deleting things from your inventory.. It's more than likely that they are going to be dependent on users taking actions with their own accounts and making the adjustments themselves to bring themselve within the rules.

The only time I've really ever heard of them doing something with something in someones inventory ,was with animations because of a DMCA/Digital Millennium Copyright Act and replacing the animations with dud animations. That was years and years ago. There have been plenty of skin and mesh DMCA's since then and none of my inventory has been messed with..

Basically, you just need to have a skin with a modestly layer.. Hopefully creators give updates to their skins , as well as maybe spark other creators to see an opportunity to get some sales from creating skins for those avatars..

June is more than enough time for these things to come.. I'd be already looking as well.. Because some may already be jumping on that.. Some creators smell opportunity and try to get to it before the others can..

I do hope everything works out for the better in finding your items though..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Lol I've been hearing this for 20 years from age players in sl. Wishful thinking is all it is.

Wishful thinking on your part sure. Fact is if you don't look like a 7 foot tall Kupra Karen your walking on thin ice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Theresa Ravenheart said:

Child and teen avatars should not be in Adult sims, it's really that simple. You are choosing to be a child avatar, you have to make the adjustments, not the rest of us. If you go to Adult land for any reason, you should have to be in an adult avatar. Then there are zero issues! It's really that simple and takes like 10 seconds to switch using the outfit feature.

Child and teen avatars should not do adult things, it's really that simple. Just being somewhere is *not* doing anything adult.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I think you need to take a good hard look at why you find the ability to be nude in a child avi so valuable to the point that youre willing to quit sl over it. 

I didn't say I wanted to be nude, you took my post completely out of context. Where I said, whether I will be able to remin in SL, is refering to whether the content creator for my body will update so I will be complaint. I want to be complaint. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Linden Lab is only concerned with laws against what is depicted. RL behavior has nothing to do with Second Life.

Maybe not in the US. In most European countries certain purely virtual acts (first of all performing sexual activities with child avatars included) performed by adults (not even with REAL children at the keyboard involved) are a criminal act. Whoever thinks that ***** in SL is a safe harbor for pedos is plain wrong.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

In my experience, no, a lot of people can't tell the difference. I stopped making my avatars based on eighteen-to early twenties old because despite having a rocking set of boobs and a huge dick, and a body and face based on real proportions and pictures apparently anything that looks under 30 is enough for some people to yeet you.

Not to mention anime avatars, already in this thread someone said an outfit should be banned because it was on an anime avatar.

This is true, even ChatGPT (lol used it for fun and giggles), in which I asked to determine if an avatar was an adult, they said "This appears to be adult, has adult features, looks to be around average height based on surrounding but there is no way to determine actual age of a 3d character in a fictional setting, would be up to the viewer's opinion. And there are a lot of child avatars that have a 20 to 30 year old face and a lot of adult bodies that have an adult face but look really cute and people still call them a child, because they're either Asian, Doll like or have a pouty face or has a baby face or have an anime inspired head. It is hard to know what a child's face look like, online due to stuff like this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1