So what changed in the Terms of Service?

I don't think anyone was under any illusion of unacceptable activities for child avatars.

These changes are a smokescreen to distract from the actual controversy, which hasn't been adequately addressed.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Odd that personnel changes were made, given that no wrongdoing was found during their investigation.  Seems drastic.

As usual, I find myself wishing I were a fly on the wall and heard what the new internal policies are, and what personnel changes were made.

Does anyone else think Patch is much less inworld-accessible than previously?  It could be that he's simply busy, with added marketing responsibilities, I guess.

Publicly saying anything else without a three ring binder full of irrefutable evidence would expose them to litigation from any aggrieved (ex)employee caught up in the drama.

Updating their policies may also be a case of "they did nothing wrong by the letter of the policy so we are changing the policy."

Edited by Yorkie Bardeen
adding context.
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Denim Robonaught said:

I mean, imagine having to wash your newly zooby baby with a bathingsuit on, or changing diapers with their underwear on >?<

That isn't a child avatar dude. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6

29 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

And then I have an entire adult zone on a moderate sim

Child avatars are no longer allowed in Adult regions. Adult content is allowed in Moderate regions only if the adult actuvity is not public or advertised. If your Adult content is only for group use and not advertised, you can keep it, but no child avatars may be allowed near it.

Maybe you need to decide which is more important to you, having an Adult "play zone" or allowing child avatars? Maybe you can find a way to afford 2 separate parcels? A Homestead region? A mainland parcel? A Linden Home for your family?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

If anyone is afraid height might be affected, no you can still be short. Height doesn't make you a child avatar, just how you dress up, act, how you carry yourself, child clothing suited for children, if your using a child avatar. You can tell an adult avatar by the body definition/ facial definition and skins.

84eda4877c76cdb1f03ec61bc480784d.png.79d3b324b2225767e82c79b4d066d320.png

tell that to many region owners .. short = go away, "certain" bodytype = go away

and there's no appeal for that.

Perhaps it might even work contra productive in some ways.. "communities" or groups pulling back to closed regions.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

I mean, imagine having to wash your newly zooby baby with a bathingsuit on, or changing diapers with their underwear on >?<

This applies, unless I've missed something, only to avatars, not animesh or other representations of children. 

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

tell that to many region owners .. short = go away, "certain" bodytype = go away

and there's no appeal for that.

Perhaps it might even work contra productive in some ways.. "communities" or groups pulling back to closed regions.

But that is also entirely up to the owner of the region. It is their region they pay for it. They can make whatever rules they want. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

Also, Zooby stopped making Child avatars. Due to what came out. 

• Like 7

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:

But that is also entirely up to the owner of the region. It is their region they pay for it. They can make whatever rules they want. 

totally true, but i won't be surprised when it gets worse than it is now.

40 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Dumb question I'm too lazy to check: Is there a Senra child avatar? Could/should there be, all pre-modesty'd and all?

38 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

No, just Jamie and...what's his face? Bob? Max? *peeks* Oh, Blake.

It might be possible to modify the Senra avatars so they look like teens, but I don't think LL needs to have child avatars ready for any newbie. That would create too much potential for trolling and trouble-makers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This applies, unless I've missed something, only to avatars, not animesh or other representations of children. 

I was going to say, a "zooby baby" isn't "real"..is it?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

We all know that sims are huge and can have split areas.

A sim (region) is always 256x256 meters in SL and it can only be set to completely A rating, completely M rating  or completely G rating.
All the parcels on that sim (region) will automatically have the same setting. It can't have 3 A rated parcels, 4 M rated parcels etc.
The only possibility could be that two sims next to each other have different rating settings.
Never seen that before to be honest.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sid Nagy said:
27 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

We all know that sims are huge and can have split areas.

A sim (region) is always 256x256 meters in SL and it can only be set to completely A rating, completely M rating  or completely G rating.
All the parcels on that sim (region) will automatically have the same setting. It can't have 3 A rated parcels, 4 M rated parcels etc.
The only possibility could be that two sims next to each other have different rating settings.
Never seen that before to be honest.

I can only assume we are talking about "Private Regions", and not "Mainland Regions"?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Odd that personnel changes were made, given that no wrongdoing was found during their investigation.  Seems drastic.

As usual, I find myself wishing I were a fly on the wall and heard what the new internal policies are, and what personnel changes were made.

Does anyone else think Patch is much less inworld-accessible than previously?  It could be that he's simply busy, with added marketing responsibilities, I guess.

My guess is that one area where they needed to make personel changes is that spouses and closely related people should not be in a supervisory position over one another.

Maybe there had to be some wrist-slapping over other issues too?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I can only assume we are talking about "Private Regions", and not "Mainland Regions"?

No, this is true of mainland regions as well. The main difference is that we have less control of the ratings for a mainland region, even if one owns the entire thing. For instance, an Adult mainland region must be in Zindra.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

totally true, but i won't be surprised when it gets worse than it is now.

I doubt it. More people have been slowly leaning towards more realistic heights, pushing away from tall giants.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I admit I didn't read the new ToS because not agreeing just wasn't an option for me. :D 

You probably don't need to worry about accidentally breaking the new rules either. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Unpopular opinion:

Once this is all sorted out, child avatars can become "OK" again!!  I may be bold and even say, some of "us" may get our first child avatars!

Last time I saw a child avatar was one that was part of a virtual band in world. The band leader explained that the virtual band has an RL counterpart which has a 12 year old playing the drums --- so they made an avatar of him to match up with the RL band. The RL 12yo knows of the avatar but does not play it - his pop logs it in just for the shows.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

a changelog would be usefull :) 

Not only useful, but maybe vital in this instance.

LL has GOT to make a real effort to ensure that these new rules are well-publicized. Otherwise, there are going to be a lot of people running around in contravention of them without even knowing it. The most obvious instance is the "modesty layer": in theory, anyone who has agreed to this ToS and is wearing a child avatar without a modesty layer is AR-able.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1