What can’t you wear, have or not wear on a G sim?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

How does everyone feel about “family friendly” nude beaches in SL?

I’d be very suspicious if some naked kid walked up to me and tried to engage me in conversation

I don't like those either, I had to put up with a parcel behind my house [that is thank goodness gone now], their activities were out of the way, so if it had just been a nudest colony it would be fine, but then in their charter they had to put "family friendly, kids ok", and I'm just like, nope!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So long as you keep children on a short leash, they should be allowed most places. In RL, I mean.

No way! O.o Children should run around restaurants at 15mph with curry sauce all over their faces, yelling and creating a breeze that lifts up the table cloths, until they trip over and wind themselves and start crying and screaming their heads off. It's just a bit of fun :) Fair enough if you are taking them to a funeral, though, IMO. 

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

No, they aren't in general, it is the ones who like to play with child avatars real or fake.

Tell that to a forum user, and adult business operator, who had their own estate region, and who lost it all, and got perma banned after an anti-adult-activities griefer attack by a fake child and their "shocked and outraged" AR spamming adult alt.

It took said forum user more than THREE months to get LL to properly investigate, and repeal the ban.

One of the forums most vociferous fake child avatars, used to regularly foam at the mouth about how t was his RIGHT to enter A rated regions, because the ToS didn't say he couldn't, regardless of what the land owners thought.

He also frequently claimed that ALL adult stuff on the A rated region should SSTOP, when he arrived, or preferably be confined to a big black box in one corner, so HE could enjoy the res of the A rated region without that "filthy adult stuff".

EVERY fake child avatar I have EVER had the misfortune to encounter in SL, was a toxic over-entitled little sh*te-bag, hell bent on either closing down other peoples fun, or trying to join in with stuff forbidden to them, by lying through their teeth.

"Disclaimers" in place picks "My avatar is over 18, despite being 4 ft tall, flat chested with a big head and big eyes, and wearing a Shirley Temple dress and talking like a bad fake 5 yr old".

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

So lets help solve the problem. JUST BAN ALL child avatars, and suspend all accounts of 16 and 17 year olds till their 18th birthday, and stop allowing 16 & 17 year olds to create new accounts.

Make SL 18+ Only.

Problem solved.

It does not solve the problem. Still have that class of people who will do everything in their power to make a youngish avi dress and behave younger so they can maintain their fantasy of having sex with a child. I've run into that type on more then a few occasions, even when I had a head/body and clothing style on of a late teen. Some Daddies would try to get me to say I was 8 and try to buy me clothes and looks fit for an adolescent. This is not that uncommon. Your solution does not solve the real problem, only blames the victims, yay you. Think again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

How does everyone feel about “family friendly” nude beaches in SL?

Disgusting. They are clearly meeting grounds for pedophiles and should be banned in my opinion. I have no clue why they are allowed to exist.

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Your solution does not solve the real problem, only blames the victims

But you always claim that "victims are to blame for what happens to them" in just about EVERY thread you ever post in.

And MY solution works just fine, if they dress up as a fake child when fake child avatars re banned, they get banned.

Eventually Nobody will dress as a fake child, and the minority seeking fake child avatars will leave in frustration.

They will probably go to IMVSSpew or CrapBlox, those are full of kids I hear.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Tell that to a forum user, and adult business operator, who had their own estate region, and who lost it all, and got perma banned after an anti-adult-activities griefer attack by a fake child and their "shocked and outraged" AR spamming adult alt.

It took said forum user more than THREE months to get LL to properly investigate, and repeal the ban.

One of the forums most vociferous fake child avatars, used to regularly foam at the mouth about how t was his RIGHT to enter A rated regions, because the ToS didn't say he couldn't, regardless of what the land owners thought.

He also frequently claimed that ALL adult stuff on the A rated region should SSTOP, when he arrived, or preferably be confined to a big black box in one corner, so HE could enjoy the res of the A rated region without that "filthy adult stuff".

EVERY fake child avatar I have EVER had the misfortune to encounter in SL, was a toxic over-entitled little sh*te-bag, heck bent on either closing down other peoples fun, or trying to join in with stuff forbidden to them, by lying through their teeth.

"Disclaimers" in place picks "My avatar is over 18, despite being 4 ft tall, flat chested with a big head and big eyes, and wearing a Shirley Temple dress and talking like a bad fake 5 yr old".

Right so your bad experiences mean everything in that category must be bad, if your encounter this so often, I'd start thinking about what your doing to attract it. With your sunny personality, I can't imagine anyone wanting to get back you.... >.>

Edited by MissSweetViolet
Spelling corrections.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

But you always claim that "victims are to blame for what happens to them" in just about EVERY thread you ever post in.

😳

This is where a Mole might suggest talking this conversation to private messages. That doesn't make it better, but it prevents the thread from bring locked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Between the two extremes showcased within the last page or so, may as well just shut the entire thing down right now (or perhaps give a time out to both participants).

Congrats to the one: You had a bad experience in SL and on the forum: Big deal. Grow up and deal with it.

As for the other? Enough with the accusations being levied and hair trigger attitude on the recent side track. What you got out of some of the responses is not what was said whatsoever by those you were responding to.

As for my own take on it?

Both of you are the perfect examples to showcase why some of us who would rather use either more realistic heights or actually be shorter than six or seven feet tall get so much flak.

Go sit in the corner before the "make up sweater" gets employed.

ETA: For clarification on the initial sentence: I mean shut down the entire grid, not the thread. Yes, I meant that much of a hyperbolic reaction.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

ays much for the fact that pedophiles walk among us, pointing out that they are the problem, not the one that makes themselves out to be the child.

The issue can also be that pedophiles are making child avatars.  I'm not saying that it's a majority of child avatars.  In fact, it's probably a small percentage but how else does one explain places like the closed down Giggles Beach from years ago.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Do I? I suspect that I put it to those who pretend to be adult, to grow up. That is what we are to do in life.

And MY solution works just fine, if they dress up as a fake child when fake child avatars re banned, they get banned

Eventually Nobody will dress as a fake child, and the minority seeking fake child avatars will leave in frustration.

No, again that only rids the grid of the child avatars, not those who like tp prey on such. Even supposedly ridding the grid of child avi's leaves the question of where the demarcation point is and in whose opinion. Does nothing to those who like to prey in various ways on those who may appear somewhat younger.

They will probably go to IMVSSpew or CrapBlox, those are full of kids I hear.

That sounds so childish every time you say it. Should we get rid of you for acting childish?

• Like 2

• Administrators

Alrighty I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread for a couple of reasons. One being that it is apparent that this thread does not appear to have been created with a genuine interest for a discussion, and the other that it has quickly devolved into bickering between Residents.

I would like to remind everyone to review the Community Guidelines and Posting & Participation Guidelines before making a post or thread on the Second Life forums. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.