What can’t you wear, have or not wear on a G sim?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 82 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Clem Marques said:

Thanks for bringing that up. Very few people know that profiles should be kept PG or at least Moderate, and that having anything that strays too far from it, or anything too graphic there could lead to an AR. This doesn't get enforced that often, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

I personally don't mind graphic, adult profiles, especially in adult sims, and I don't think most other people care about that either. But I've seen a handful of profiles that made me want to pour bleach straight into my eyes.

8fxi1f.jpg

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That's sweet! 

It kinda is, really. I am an Ahtist and live the Life of the Mind, far above any such merely tacky concerns as sex, dontcha know?

😏

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I dispute BJ's assertion that someone in that situation could get AR'd just for the HUD.  People have the weirdest paranoid ideas!

Yeah, I think that would be silly. I can't imagine LL acting on it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

But if it's 'hidden' what's the point?  What are you advertising?  IIRC, it's the Aeros that gives the HUD and wasn't that thing pretty heavy (pun intended) to be wearing around all the time?

Aeros gave HUDs, but I believe the Physics ***** also has a setting that does the same thing. Allows people to get a HUD and control it by clicking on it.

1 minute ago, Clem Marques said:

Aeros gave HUDs, but I believe the Physics ***** also has a setting that does the same thing. Allows people to get a HUD and control it by clicking on it.

I'll have to check the HUD for the make next time I'm inworld.

Yes, I kept it. Because . . . bwahahahahah!!!

😈

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Clem Marques said:

Thanks for bringing that up. Very few people know that profiles should be kept PG or at least Moderate, and that having anything that strays too far from it, or anything too graphic there could lead to an AR. This doesn't get enforced that often, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

I pretty much cleared off anything in my Profile that could be considered sexual when the BonnieBots site decided to publish all our Profiles on an external site. As a result it is now pretty dull and boring but at least considered safe for the children. 

I personally don't mind graphic, adult profiles, especially in adult sims, and I don't think most other people care about that either. But I've seen a handful of profiles that made me want to pour bleach straight into my eyes.

Some residents in SL would just be much better off in IMVU where their Viewer filters out any questionable content rather then depending on those displaying the content to toe an ambiguous and constantly shifting line as to what is considered acceptable. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Clem Marques said:

I personally don't mind graphic, adult profiles, especially in adult sims,

Perhaps..perhaps..but then some people have naked / adult RL profile pictures (whether theirs or not) that make me want to um..hurl / blow chunks.

Because, shocking and unexpected.  Scandalous!  My Victorian sensibilities are not just offended, it is "out of place" and not appropriate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I pretty much cleared off anything in my Profile that could be considered sexual when the BonnieBots site decided to publish all our Profiles on an external site. As a result it is now pretty dull and boring but at least considered safe for the children. 

Some residents in SL would just be much better off in IMVU where their Viewer filters out any questionable content rather then depending on those displaying the content to toe an ambiguous and constantly shifting line as to what is considered acceptable. 

Did IMVU win this one?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Your decision to make your profile PG due to that makes sense. Mine used to be dirty at one point, but then I was AR'd for a picture that was in it so I cleaned it up. Nothing there now other than a few groups that are not that graphic. But yeah, learned about the PG profile rule the hard way, which is why I wanted to draw attention to it. I don't want others to deal with AR's from people who are easily offended, or from people who have vendettas against them and look for any little thing that can possibly be AR'd. That's all.

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Perhaps..perhaps..but then some people have naked / adult RL profile pictures (whether theirs or not) that make me want to um..hurl / blow chunks.

Because, shocking and unexpected.  Scandalous!  My Victorian sensibilities are not just offended, it is "out of place" and not appropriate.

Yup... that's what I was thinking of. 🤣

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That's too bad, it implies you were ashamed of your own profile!

That makes me sad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I accidentally clicked on a friend the other day, as happens sometimes. Usually the worst thing that can result is unintentionally slapping someone's butt. In this instance, though, it gave me the HUD to control his p****.

Never had that happen before! I DID perhaps have some slightly evil thoughts about how I might have some fun with that, but I told him instead.

Poor guy was absolutely mortified. He's still assuring me that he didn't "give" it to me.

Yes its offered automatically if you touch his thingy 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That's too bad, it implies you were ashamed of your own profile!

That makes me sad.

No not ashamed but according to SL's own privacy policy, What happens in SL. should stay in SL.

Makes me sad you don't understand that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It kinda is, really. I am an Ahtist and live the Life of the Mind, far above any such merely tacky concerns as sex, dontcha know?

😏

Yeah, I think that would be silly. I can't imagine LL acting on it.

never underestimate what LL might choose to do. It’s better to err on the side of caution than receive a multiday suspension

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Just thought of my next topic. “ Why won’t LL tell you specifically what you did wrong when they suspended you.”

I've asked on a few posts that were removed but other then a vague wave at the Community Guideline, I've not received anything that would help me prevent a future reoccurrence. The times I was suspended I didn't even know what post I was suspended for but I was given the option of debating the ruling if I actually figured it out. ;)

One of the reasons why I keep my own grid close at hand.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This was quite a few years ago and I can't say I've seen it since but checking someone's profile on mysecomdlife.com showed their profile as Adult.  I think at one time, key words in a profile would trigger an adult rating.  Not sure why they aren't now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

This was quite a few years ago and I can't say I've seen it since but checking someone's profile on mysecomdlife.com showed their profile as Adult.  I think at one time, key words in a profile would trigger an adult rating.  Not sure why they aren't now.

Allowing only PG profiles makes sense for certain reasons..(like qualifying for inclusion of the data on other platforms, etc.)

But in any case. !!The children!! Think of the chirdrens!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 82 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.