What can’t you wear, have or not wear on a G sim?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 82 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I try and avoid general sims at all costs. It’s an AR waiting to happen if you enter one.

Nasty places often filled with nasty people, I've noticed that the people who try and hit on you on those filthy G-Rated places are far more despicable than the ones cruising M and A rated regions.

G-Rated? Avoid like the plague.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

A birthday suit?

Cover that corpse up!  Have some decency! What are we, cavemen?!?

Also: The Sky is Falling, SL will go out of business / is dying because LL won't let people run around nakies in G-rated sims!

never thought about, but if you wear ANYTHING that brings up an “adult” hud on a G  sim, that could get you ARed too.

I accidentally clicked on a friend the other day, as happens sometimes. Usually the worst thing that can result is unintentionally slapping someone's butt. In this instance, though, it gave me the HUD to control his p****.

Never had that happen before! I DID perhaps have some slightly evil thoughts about how I might have some fun with that, but I told him instead.

Poor guy was absolutely mortified. He's still assuring me that he didn't "give" it to me.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I accidentally clicked on a friend the other day, as happens sometimes. Usually the worst thing that can result is unintentionally slapping someone's butt. In this instance, though, it gave me the HUD to control his p****.

Never had that happen before! I DID perhaps have some slightly evil thoughts about how I might have some fun with that, but I told him instead.

Poor guy was absolutely mortified. He's still assuring me that he didn't "give" it to me.

The amount of times I've accidentally slapped some kind of dangly part is too demn high. If you wear slappers, cheek clappers, chokers, fondlers,  you better not complain when someone uses them. >_>'

I used to reassure them that It wasn't intentional in local chat, but now days i just stay silent . " I did it, so what? " 

Edited by Midnoot
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

"Methinks the lady doth protest too much"!

ATA: He didn't give you what, the "D"? 😂

I think that the gentleman in question has the idea that I am "above" SLex, and what most upset him in some ways was inadvertently giving me a window into his SL (which did not at all come as a shock).

Interesting though. I have zero experience of such HUDs. Who knew they even existed? (Well, obviously most people, but I've never seen one before.)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

What I've always wondered is why people have their naughty parts attached 24/7?  It takes a few seconds to open up Favorite Wearable and attach them if you stumble on an opportunity.   

"Immersion"?

Or in some people's cases, "advertising"?

Makes you wonder, why people go around worried about OPP? (A reference to the OG song.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

What I've always wondered is why people have their naughty parts attached 24/7?  It takes a few seconds to open up Favorite Wearable and attach them if you stumble on an opportunity.   

Exactly.

I was most tempted to give him hell for contributing to everyone's lag in a context where he couldn't possibly need to wear it.

• Like 4

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think that the gentleman in question has the idea that I am "above" SLex

That's sweet! 

I dispute BJ's assertion that someone in that situation could get AR'd just for the HUD.  People have the weirdest paranoid ideas!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

"Immersion"?

Or in some people's cases, "advertising"?

Makes you wonder, why people go around worried about OPP? (A reference to the OG song.)

But if it's 'hidden' what's the point?  What are you advertising?  IIRC, it's the Aeros that gives the HUD and wasn't that thing pretty heavy (pun intended) to be wearing around all the time?

ETA.  Wearing them exposed in a sex club is the only legitimate reason IMO.  That's fine.  But I don't know how many times I've seen women with the Phat ***** wearing a piece of dental floss at shopping events.  Not General shopping events but still.  Who needs to see that while shopping?   I'm certainly no prude but come on!

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

But if it's 'hidden' what's the point? 

That's why I also provided the answer, "immersion".  For example, some may say, "I can't just REMOVE my junk in RL now can I?!?"

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

What are you advertising? 

Being sexual?

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Who needs to see that while shopping?   I'm certainly no prude but come on!

I'm reminded of the earlier version of the CGI movie of the musical "Cats", in which they all had visible butt-holes throughout the movie.  This was obviously seen as silly and gross, so it was edited out after initial release.

• Like 1

p.s. If you have any adult groups in your profile, your profile is not General, so hide them before you enter. Show up on a G sim with adult groups showing, even that could get you ARed.

Thanks for bringing that up. Very few people know that profiles should be kept PG or at least Moderate, and that having anything that strays too far from it, or anything too graphic there could lead to an AR. This doesn't get enforced that often, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

I personally don't mind graphic, adult profiles, especially in adult sims, and I don't think most other people care about that either. But I've seen a handful of profiles that made me want to pour bleach straight into my eyes.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 82 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.