What can’t you wear, have or not wear on a G sim?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 82 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Every time a hot thread goes off topic it gets locked, and we start over someplace else.

If a thread has no topic, then it can't go off topic can it?

On the other hand it might get removed for having no topic, we shall see 😁

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
seems we have a topic after all

What you think about people who have to have nether regions attached at all times,  even when in pg sims ?

* goes to inspect,  but gets INM* if you know, you know.

* notices heavily scripted V poking through pants*

* goes to inspect but instead , gets sprayed in the face by invisible chest milk*  if you know you know

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

What you think about people who have to have nether regions attached at all times,  even when in pg sims ?

* goes to inspect,  but gets INM* if you know, you know.

* notices heavily scripted V poking through pants*

* goes to inspect but instead , gets sprayed in the face by invisible chest milk*  if you know you know

I never remove anything, but I also have a hide option on my huds.

I try and avoid general sims at all costs. It’s an AR waiting to happen if you enter one.

Dear LL, I cammed up this girls dress and she had nothing on under it. Here is the picture I took to prove it. 

😂

p.s. If you have any adult groups in your profile, your profile is not General, so hide them before you enter. Show up on a G sim with adult groups showing, even that could get you ARed.

Best advise? Stay far far away from any general sims.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

wow seems like we have a topic after all “What can’t you wear or have on a general sim” 

Or not wear 😂

Always wear a smile. That'll cover a multitude of sins - if not much else :D

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

• BilliJo Aldrin changed the title to What can’t you wear, have or not wear on a G sim?
19 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I never remove anything, but I also have a hide option on my huds.

I try and avoid general sims at all costs. It’s an AR waiting to happen if you enter one.

Dear LL, I cammed up this girls dress and she had nothing on under it. Here is the picture I took to prove it. 

😂

p.s. If you have any adult groups in your profile, your profile is not General, so hide them before you enter. Show up on a G sim with adult groups showing, even that could get you ARed.

Best advise? Stay far far away from any general sims.

I've actually had people try to tell me that my profiles text was too adult for their sim .... Your profile isn't part of anything in the sim and anyone who saw it had to actively open it to see my deviant profile.  The text I wrote in it .Not my hidden groups.

Edited by Midnoot
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

I've actually had people try to tell me that my profiles text was too adult for their sim .... Your profile isn't part of anything in the sim and anyone who saw it had to actively open it to see my deviant profile.  The text I wrote in it .Not my hidden groups.

doesn’t matter, if you expose anyone on a G sim to anything, even your profile, that isn’t G rated, you are liable to be ARed.

In fact, if your entire profile isn’t suitable for a G audience, you are liable to be ARed for it at any time, at any place, by anyone who might be out to get you.

Thats why I hand out a notecard now, instead of having my likes in my profile.

I even took out a link to my blog after someone said it wasnt suitable.

The unsaid part was, and I’m gonna find out by ARing it.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

Keep it suitable for everyone

Important: Content in profiles must be General, and must obey the Terms of Service and Community Standards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you wouldn't wear it in front of your 80 year old grandma then probabvly don't wear it to a G-sim. Similarly, I avoid A rated sims like the plague. 

Funnily enough, the bigger problem, IMO, is people who treat M sims like adult ones. 

• Like 3

LL already have official guidelines for this:

General 

A region designated General is not allowed to advertise or make available content or activity that is sexually explicit, violent, or depicts nudity.  Sexually-oriented objects such as "sex beds" or poseballs may not be located or sold in General regions.

General regions are areas where you should feel free to say and do things that you would be comfortable saying and doing in front of your grandmother or a grade school class. Institutions such as universities, conference organizers, and real world businesses may wish to designate their regions as General. Likewise their users (and others) may wish to employ Second Life's General search setting to focus and filter search results appropriately.

Some landowners and Residents desire a Second Life experience distinct from the activity that occurs in Moderate and Adult regions. Region owners who wish to host this sort of Second Life experience can (but need not) designate their regions as General. 

If you are a region owner and you feel there is some ambiguity as to whether your content and activities are allowed in General regions, it's probably best to designate your region as Moderate.

As per: https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/maturity-ratings-r52/

Of course, it's a pretty vague and open for interpretation (and doesn't specifically say anything about apparel or attachments per se) - I may well say or do things in front of a grade school class that others wouldn't. And as has many times been discovered on these very forums, people have very different ideas of what is 'sexually explicit' (haven't seen any thread explode because of nipple discrimination lately though!).

Ultimately it is up to the region owners to police it though, it's not like LL will install a knicker-checking mole when someone sets up a G-rated region (right?), AR-ing someone for a nip-slip feels kind of silly. If you see something you dislike, the first step ought to be to tell the offending person, if they aren't receptive to your feedback then the next step is to tell the region's staff/managers/owners - if they can't be bothered to deal with it or disagree with you, AR should be the last resort - but then I'd be more concerned about ARing the region owners for failing to comply with the ratings than a random person with '*****' tattooed across their forehead happening to be in one (unless of course they're blatantly portraying a sexualised child avi or something equally egregious - if such a thing may exist - in which case an AR is well warranted and should probably be the first thing you do).

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 82 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.