The marketplace has been rigged!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 87 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

36 minutes ago, jrenslow Bach said:

Sellers have rigged the search results in the marketplace by flooding it with useless stuff and having their games show up at the top of search for instance search billiards and you will see what I mean

So, you're complaining that there are newer pool tables on the market than your 73 LI prim based one in a newest first sort?

Or are you complaining that billiards tables show up before pool tables in a relevance sort for "billiards"?

Please specify.

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

The marketplace changed their search a while ago.  It's happening to everyone.  There are some threads conveniently hidden in the merchant section about it so no one can hear store keepers pulling their hair out all year.  The marketplace has not been rigged this is just how search works now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The MP has been gamed to death for years.. I thought everyone knew that.. hehehe

It's on the internet, it should be expected.

Best solution is just to have superior products at fair prices. A lot more shoppers are willing to scroll past the crap (probably some of mine, even) than you might imagine.

*has seen every single page on the MP, with nothing typed in search, many times*

Besides, those vendors get to deal with all the customers who complain about not knowing how to open a box, and then complain when it doesn't fit every avatar (including Goofy and Spiderman) perfectly without the alpha on. Natural selection works both ways, you know.

But for what it's worth, some vendors do try to keep it fair, even if it means fewer sales, and fewer customers. I'll take 4 quarters over a hundred pennies any day.

And JUSTUS is right, it's not as bad as it used to be. I can actually find what I'm looking for in there somewhere, usually.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 6

Welp, went and looked.  The newest mesh one in your store?  Eh.  At least you dropped the price to 1L?  You ARE on the first page if I search Pool Table and General search so there is that.  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

It's on the internet, it should be expected.

Best solution is just to have superior products at fair prices. A lot more shoppers are willing to scroll past the crap (probably some of mine, even) than you might imagine.

*has seen every single page on the MP, with nothing typed in search, many times*

Besides, those vendors get to deal with all the customers who complain about not knowing how to open a box, and then complain when it doesn't fit every avatar (including Goofy and Spiderman) perfectly without the alpha on. Natural selection works both ways, you know.

But for what it's worth, some vendors do try to keep it fair, even if it means fewer sales, and fewer customers. I'll take 4 quarters over a hundred pennies any day.

And JUSTUS is right, it's not as bad as it used to be. I can actually find what I'm looking for in there somewhere, usually.

Gaming the market and the market being rigged are two different things..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Gaming the market and the market being rigged are two different things..

This is so true. Thanks for pointing out there's a difference.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

* Searches BEST SELLERS* 

* Gets Gacha items as best sellers even though they can only be sold ONCE*. ...   yeah, it has been rigged :v.

You know, even no-copy items can have more than one in a folder. People do list limited items.

Also, troll thread. I just saw it up there ^.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I rarely search just by relevance or rated - more often I search by most recent as that means the older (higher LI) stuff gets relegated to the end.

True some people try to game the system so their product appears higher in search but they cant game the human who makes the ultimate decision to buy or not to buy.

• Like 4

I feel like I'm gaming the system every time I list something new, because people actually see my new listing and end up visiting my MP shop.

I listed three items over a single weekend once, and it worked. Three waves of people buying my freebies.

XD

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jrenslow Bach said:

Sellers have rigged the search results in the marketplace by flooding it with useless stuff and having their games show up at the top of search for instance search billiards and you will see what I mean

You mean like the second one under the "Best Selling" sort for "Billiards," which is getting ripped to pieces in the reviews?

• Haha 2

1. No, it isn't rigged
  2. The way the system works was altered some time ago
  3. Make better content instead of complaining that you're being left in the dust
  4. (Unrelated to the OP post) No thread is "conveniently hidden" anywhere - there are categories and topic sections for a reason, use them as they are meant to be used
    1. Want to keep up on generalized threads? Right here - under the "People" category
    2. Technology? Right here
    3. Creator?
    4. Merchant or interested in being one/keeping up with what affects them?
    5. Land related topics
    6. ... And so on
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

You mean like the second one under the "Best Selling" sort for "Billiards," which is getting ripped to pieces in the reviews?

It is rather odd that so many less than stellar reviews get labeled as his competition trying to put him out of business.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Except ... most of the time, they do not.

If they've started to delete posts/responses linking to "SL Related" drama blogs/blog entries then good and about time.

I read the removed link and it would probably fall under the no naming and shaming rule.  No surprise at all it was removed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, jrenslow Bach said:

This used to happen a lot because of Keyword Spam.  If merchants are reported for Keyword Spam, LL actually (at least sometimes) "does something about it"!

Otherwise as others have said, your general statement is not really a surprise (not news).

21 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

The marketplace changed their search a while ago.  It's happening to everyone.  There are some threads conveniently hidden in the merchant section about it so no one can hear store keepers pulling their hair out all year.  The marketplace has not been rigged this is just how search works now.

There was a recent meeting I watched and it was just the poor Lindens getting torn apart by a creator for like an hour complaining about how broken Marketplace is.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 87 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.