Login issues - password rejected - anyone else?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 93 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I suddenly can't log in to SL with any account, from two different PCs with different public IP addresses so I don't think it's local. Firefox Firestorm even clears the password field as if I've typed it wrong.

Anyone else?

Edit: not even through a VPN into the USA.

Edited by Rick Nightingale
  • Like 2

Same. If you were logged into forums before the glitch happened don't log out. I'm here but my male alt (just tested) can't log in to the forums. The rest of the logins are seriously borked atm.

Funny, I checked the status page maybe a minute before @Patch Linden posted the update.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

A failed login should get a response from a server with any grid status, and notify the user of the grid status. This makes it feel like it's entirely user error and only encourages people to keep logging in. Would be nice if it said "Second Life is currently undergoing login maintenance, please try again later" with a link to the status update, as opposed to saying you typed in your password wrong.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Flea Yatsenko said:

A failed login should get a response from a server with any grid status

Would be nice.

Firestorm is now showing a notification on the top of the screen, so there's that.

I recall it also has a flashing icon that can be turned on in the toolbar to notify of new issues, only when logged in of course. I turned it off because it was flashing so often it annoyed me, lol.

Edited by Rick Nightingale
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Same. If you were logged into forums before the glitch happened don't log out. I'm here but my male alt (just tested) can't log in to the forums. The rest of the logins are seriously borked atm.

Funny, I checked the status page maybe a minute before @Patch Linden posted the update.

Doesn't anyone ever use the "stay logged in" feature for the forum besides me? 🤔

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 93 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.