Sandbox Bellisseria (Yes, Bellisseria has a Linden Demo Home sandbox area now)

Mini Mole

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moles

Sandbox Bellisseria

Bellisseria now offers Second Life residents the opportunity to not only demo all the new Linden Home Themes and Models, now you can come to the Linden Home sandbox and test out your decorating ideas, or create a shell or add on for a certain home model style. Want to find out if that sofa or kitchen you just bought will fit into your Linden home space? Well now you can test that out before you get your own Linden Home parcel!  Find below some simple sandbox information before you start.

Linden Homes Sandbox

4 Hour return time on all objects.

No selling, advertising, weapons, replicating objects, or heavy scripts.

Use the house controller to change house models.

Controller will remain keyed to you as long as you remain in the parcel.

(Keep in mind anything placed out on your actual Linden Home parcel is subject to the Bellisseria Linden Homes Covenant. The Covenant details limits on building heights, encroachment outside of your parcel, building out of theme, privacy walls/fences, etc. You should be familiar with the Covenant to make sure what you are testing/building is in compliance.)

Linden Homes Covenant

Please be sure to read the Sandbox rules on the region before you start.

Landmark:  Sandbox Bellisseria

Edited by Mini Mole
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 14
  • Confused 1

• Mini Mole changed the title to Sandbox Bellisseria (Yes, Bellisseria has a Linden Demo Home sandbox area now)
12 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Now I can start actually living in my own Belli home.

Downside, I gave up yet another brilliant spot, just last week.  :(
But I will hunt down a new one within weeks, I hope.

The Moles are making more homes now. What style do you like? The Victorians near their community region? Tree houses in Fantasseria? Stilt homes on water near the BelliDemo island?

• Like 5

I'll end up in a houseboat or a stilt on the water I guess.
My boat ready to sail.... nice view, square plot at a broad waterway, I will find one within a few weeks. Always worked in the past.

Edit to add: 4th attempt of the day: Bingo! I got a nice square houseboat plot, not situated in an endless row of boats.
All in all a very good day today. New sandbox, new house boat and I met a nice person.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 11

This sandbox is very cool, what a great idea!  I like that you don't have to be premium to use it, a lot of builders have alts who may not merit a premium account.  It even has a nice little seating area where creators can network 😎  

(Actually, it's not at the Welcome HUB, it's an offshore region not physically connected to Belli, which is probably a good thing).

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

This sandbox is very cool, what a great idea!  I like that you don't have to be premium to use it, a lot of builders have alts who may not merit a premium account.  It even has a nice little seating area where creators can network 😎  

(Actually, it's not at the Welcome HUB, it's an offshore region not physically connected to Belli, which is probably a good thing).

Yes, it is a good thing that it is not a part of the welcome hub. Who knows it will need some scalability in the future when possible new themes hit the market.

• Like 7

• Moles

The parcels are not divided by theme as much by size and dimension. All of the (12) 32x32 1024sqm land parcels in the sandbox will rez any of the houses designed to fit on that size and type parcel. Same for the (3) 32x32 1024sqm water parcels, the (4) 16x32 512sqm parcels,  or the (4) 32x64 2048sqm parcels. The controller at front of the parcel shows all the themes that can be rezzed on that parcel. The only exception are the (2) 16x32 1024sqm water parcels, since the only houses that fit on those are houseboats. 

To use the lockout feature you only have to be on the parcel and rez a house from the parcel controller. As long as it detects you are still on the parcel and don't leave or log out, the controller will remain locked so no one else can use it while you are working. 

I placed markers showing where the parcel borders are, but a better way to see them is to use Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P (the Show Parcel Lines shortcut).

Be sure to pick up your things when you are done if you don't want returned items filling your Lost and Found after 4 hours.

Scalability will be more of a factor of usage. If the sandbox is constantly full of residents using it to build and test out ideas for Bellisseria homes we could open a second one if needed. Or possibly a Premium or Premium Plus only version if that seems necessary. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 11

If this sandbox could be occasionally reserved and autoreturn turned off, it would be an ideal place to hold a one-day decorating showcase.  Set all the parcels of the same dimension to a single model of home, and have participating residents bring their nicest builds.  Encourage each to provide a notecard listing items used.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

If this sandbox could be occasionally reserved and autoreturn turned off, it would be an ideal place to hold a one-day decorating showcase.  Set all the parcels of the same dimension to a single model of home, and have participating residents bring their nicest builds.  Encourage each to provide a notecard listing items used.

Great idea!  The first Thursday of each month and have a sign up sheet.  First come, first served.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I've been hanging out in the sandbox all day today, sitting on the couch and working on some new stuff. I've met a couple of creators, had some nice and interesting chats and made new friends. I even got started on a collaboration for a new product. So far the sandbox has been everything I hoped it would be. Thank you Lindens and Moles, this was an amazing idea!

Edited by Christhiana
  • Like 14

On 11/18/2023 at 4:26 PM, Arwyn Quandry said:

@Abnor Mole Is there any way we can get all of the building packs available here? Currently I don't think there's any way to get them if you don't get that model of house, which sucks for creators. 

44 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

That decision is way above my pay grade I'm afraid.

So..... @Patch Linden - Sounds like this would require your approval.  Pretty please. The content packs were available for all back in the old Home areas.

I realize you might prefer that the add-on creators all be Premium and get the packs that way, but it is still a real pain to Theme-Hop to nab all the creation packs, including the various updates that sometimes happen.  I wore an alt out last year doing that.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Additionally, that method barely works for themes that rarely become available. I second the motion.

On 11/18/2023 at 11:26 PM, Arwyn Quandry said:

@Abnor Mole Is there any way we can get all of the building packs available here? Currently I don't think there's any way to get them if you don't get that model of house, which sucks for creators. 

Yes to this. It's been ask for a few times before, but now with the Belli hub it would be a great time to set up something whereby residents can get tjhe packs from there or the other house demo region. If LL have been reluctant to do that because of concerns about people not keeping within theme, I'm not so sure that's an issue. There are things in the packs which can be suitably reused across themes.

It would be a nice Thanksgiving/Christmas present   @Patch Linden  😁

I haven't visited the sanbox yet, but it sounds like a great idea!:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.