clothes designers

kittycatdoll2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/14/2023 at 2:56 PM, kittycatdoll2 said:

maybe but there are alot that do it for all bodies lol still can add in genx

First, I thought you said not many do... then,  now, you said "there are a lot that do it for all bodies"  Why not shop the lot that do it for all the bodies and leave the rest to do what they make for??

21 minutes ago, Orwar said:

One could try to extrapolate purchasing power from that .. Or use it to confirm that bad taste tends to be a recurring trait in people. Meanwhile, 100% of the recently recorded wearers of Deadwool's Hart vest are Gianni users:

One can use various theories and guesses, and I say they all could be valid. For example with a bit older stuff like Hart Vest (which as most Deadwool's creations is a lot better than new releases in most cases), it could also be because "users of the older bodies got their stuff back in the days and don't shop anymore" as well.

Which is not always the case, but often is. I still see a bunch of Lara users wearing Blueberry releases from 2015, which really didn't age very well compared to newer things, from the same store or anywhere else.

21 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Sometimes I wonder about those stats though, or maybe it's just people in general I should be wondering about - apparently there's been 81 people caught running around with a lighter that only shows when the cigarette lightning sequence plays.

Probably it's more about the people. It's not that uncommon when I see people not wearing the Lelutka teeth for example (and not having some fantasy/whatever replacement for it either), or the opposite - wearing 2 and often 3 copies of their bodies and/or heads.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

Which is not always the case, but often is. I still see a bunch of Lara users wearing Blueberry releases from 2015, which really didn't age very well compared to newer things, from the same store or anywhere else.

And at the same time we've got people wearing Reborn with new apparel that is of such poor quality that Blueberry's 2015 releases looks like fine art. 

And I still have Deadwool stuff from 2016 that still look better than 99% of the releases today.

7d24b3fd77426afffa3aefcae09e49b2.png

.. Needs a new alpha though. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Orwar said:

And at the same time we've got people wearing Reborn with new apparel that is of such poor quality that Blueberry's 2015 releases looks like fine art. 

There's that, although it's still no fine art by any means. I have plenty from there including their very first Lara releases and dropped them way before swapping from Lara. They are same rubbish quality by today's standards as those badly made new releases you've mentioned, which are plenty, especially if count FP templates kind of stuff. 2018-2019+ is when it got a lot better there quality wise, so re-releases of recent years with Legacy/Reborn/GenX sizes do look rather decent for that style of clothing.

11 minutes ago, Orwar said:

And I still have Deadwool stuff from 2016 that still look better than 99% of the releases today.

Yep, that's what I said as well. Some coldash stuff also aged very well, although some less so than that the others, so they are definitely better than most new releases at big events and weekend sales.

28 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

like Hart Vest (which as most Deadwool's creations is a lot better than new releases in most cases)

I own Maitreya, Legacy, Erika Kalhene, Inithium Kupra, Slink Physique, Belleza GENX Curvy & Classic & more mesh bodies ... I choose to wear Ebody Reborn every day because of the curves and the body mods JUICY ROLLS, JUICY BOOBS, WAIFU BOOBS are huge fashion.  Dear OP i know you feel like every one looks like a clone, i got news for you, you are just a clone too, and Ebody Reborn wearers probably sit and look at you and think you look too skinny and look just like every body else. Also if I do a search for GenX on the marketplace lots of clothes come up so i agree you are probably just trolling.

• Like 2

My head is pounding after reading this entire thread. First I thought the OP was discussing how not enough creators make things for GenX. Now I really have no idea what the point was. I'm not going to claim to know.

Mainly I just wanted to point out that the sl community are fortunate because we have creators making different mesh bodies, heads, skin, eyes, and etc. It gives up options to create a look for our avi we love. Diversity and all that. I've purchased a lot of mesh bodies and heads in my time in sl, and Maitreya is still the one I use. Others simply aren't the look I'm going for. Constructive criticism on a product with problemed areas, I completely understand. Calling a body cheap looking because it may not of been as expensive as another is just strange. Expensive doesn't always mean better. It just means one has spent more for that item.

The entire point in creating our avi is to do it to our own specifications. If we are happy with our own avi, that is all that matters at the end of the day. We always have the choice to choose whether we support and use a product or not. Now time for me to go have my morning cup of tea.

• Like 4

Maybe it is derailing the thread further, but the last pages has been about avatar popularity, so I post this anyway. I was not aware that the poster for Jake in the Belleza store got a new picture. It is also released a new collection with clothes for the body. This release of the Caulfield Collection is very recent, November 30th.

I will guess that Belleza has no plan to retire Jake, he is probably their most popular product. We with male alts should watch carefully for Black Friday. Maybe Belleza will have a sale, including Jake? That would be super affordable.

belleza_001.thumb.png.321c7aee635c62fb3b7f3c76e8e024f1.png

Jake cost only 1500 L now. Their older 3 female bodies is now sold in a pack for 2200 L. I think they were sold separately before.

The Premium versions of the Gen X bodies is 50% off, both Classic and Curvy. This mean they cost only 2750 L now. Imagine if they had started with this price.

The Lite cost 3099 L and the Regular 3499 L. I can't see the point in 3 different versions. It reminds me too much of the way TMP sold their bodies. Bleh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe it is derailing the thread further, but the last pages has been about avatar popularity

It seems the general topic, in fact "most avatar-related topics" are about popularity in one way or another. 🙂

41 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I will guess that Belleza has no plan to retire Jake, he is probably their most popular product

Thank goodness, I keep seeing all the "doom and gloom" posts, like I need to go out and get a new body NAOW!

Edited by Love Zhaoying

Belleza's brand manager stated recently in Discord that there are no plans to discontinue Jake. They are, however, working on GenX Male and that's their current major WIP.

Jake has been on a permanent 50% off for a loooong time now, so I doubt there will be a deeper sale. I never personally had the desire to buy it, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Belleza's brand manager stated recently in Discord that there are no plans to discontinue Jake. They are, however, working on GenX Male and that's their current major WIP.

Ooh, but do I want to buy a Belleza body after all the wonderful things they've been doing?

pooh-think.gif

• Like 1

Besides the nearly universal support for clothing (etc), Jake has the huge advantage of coming with a Modifiable version in the box. That makes a bunch of techie things possible that can't be done with certain other male bodies, and of broader interest it also enables the easy removal of all scripts. Granted, the quick and dirty alpha-slicing approach is good enough for disposable outfits without needing to round up BOM alpha masks, but it's so liberating to be able to make a fresh copy of the modifiable body, do what you want to it, and then just pitch all the scripts over the rail.

Every few months there's a new male body that's supposed to take the world by storm, and instead the population of male bodies that get any significant creator support keeps shrinking. Practically speaking, most creators support Jake, Legacy, and (some) Gianni. That's not saying those are the best bodies, by any means, just that there's a lot of inertia to creator support in a market with relatively limited demand compared to female-oriented content.

So, to have much hope of adoption, any new Belleza male body really must wear all the Jake stuff. (And personally, if it's not modifiable, I'll never touch it.)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Ooh, but do I want to buy a Belleza body after all the wonderful things they've been doing?

pooh-think.gif

The answer for me is absolutely nope. I'm not a Belleza fan in general for reasons, and I'm almost certain Gen X male won't ship with body glitter and nail options (shoutout to Anatomy), so that's a hard no for me. More seriously - I highly doubt they add in the features I most look for in a male body (two neck fits, foot states, wide range of shapes...glitter nails, etc.). Jake needs third-party addon high feet nobody supports to rock cute heels, so...nope on that, too. 

I'm sticking with Legacy until I can collect enough clothes to make the jump to Anatomy.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

and of broader interest it also enables the easy removal of all scripts.

You can descript Maitreya via the HUD. I think you can do that with most bodies?

27 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

More seriously - I highly doubt they add in the features I most look for in a male body (two neck fits, foot states, wide range of shapes...glitter nails, etc.).

Unfortunately those features probably aren't going to be what decides a male body's success with the burly masses of manly-men on the grid, hehe. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Jake has been on a permanent 50% off for a loooong time now, so I doubt there will be a deeper sale. I never personally had the desire to buy it, though.

Naw, Jake will probably not be cheaper.

I saw the three old female bodies was sold separately before, and then Freya cost 1750 L.

Belleza keep changing the price for the old female ones. And the GenX female appear to be on sale often. A sale 3 months ago, and now a sale that has lasted since Oct 30th. I almost want it, but I believe Lara X will better for me. If Maitreya could finish it and release it!! /weary face

16 minutes ago, Orwar said:

You can descript Maitreya via the HUD. I think you can do that with most bodies?

Unfortunately those features probably aren't going to be what decides a male body's success with the burly masses of manly-men on the grid, hehe. 

I do not need mod rights on a body 99% of the time, but I saw that somebody linked deformers to a mod body. Mod body and mod deformers. And that sounded neat.

They could include a box with the version in the folder. Few need it. But those who are furries and fantasy avatars, really like modify. And they will spread the news if Lara goes mod.

I think there are some guys who like to be more flamboyant in SL than they can be in RL, and still use a male body. A small segment, but I have a feeling that they have money and shop more than the general male population.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Oh definitely not, but I prefer as many non-binary options as I can get. Thankfully for that, I've got two (three, if you count Legacy now that it's also got high feet) male bodies to choose from. Gen X Male will likely need a target market, though, considering all the other male bodies have sort of settled into their own niches by now. Curious to see where it goes with that.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Yeah, I think the only body you can't descript is Legacy, which is a shame because its script count is insane.

Doesn't stop me from wearing it (OMG LaraX please come out asap!), but it does make me twitch a bit.

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I do not need mod rights on a body 99% of the time, but I saw that somebody linked deformers to a mod body. Mod body and mod deformers. And that sounded neat.

I would definitely appreciate this. I made two of the three deformers I use so I was able to link them to a single object and have it attached at all times but if I could mod Maitreya I would be able to link it and save an attachment point.

I'm one of those people who finds it very easy to run out of attachments and I cannot see any good reason to dissalow mod of a body, I get that maybe Maitreya are maybe worried about people breaking it etc but...I dunno, doesn't seem like a good enough reason to me. People who aren't interested in modding anything/creation in general aren't likely to get into a position of breaking a body by playing in the edit panel and even if they did a fresh copy would fix all issues.

I have thought that maybe they want to discourage the rise of mods not created by them also? not sure about that though.

Oh and not that it will matter with LaraX Petite but if I could mod Maitreya 5.3/Petite I would have linked them long ago, I use it full time so the add-on is just another attachment point being used unnecessarily.

Edited by AmeliaJ08

1 hour ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Oh and not that it will matter with LaraX Petite but if I could mod Maitreya 5.3/Petite I would have linked them long ago, I use it full time so the add-on is just another attachment point being used unnecessarily.

That might also prevent the endlessly annoying problem of the main body attaching after the add-on, which means that you have to unattach and reattach Petite to properly mask out the boobs on the Lara.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Hm, well I've linked my deformers into a single attachment (also my facial piercings, there's a lot of them lol). I'm never anywhere near the attachment limit though, so .. Eh. Appealing, sure, any kind of weight in choice of body, not really!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The Lite cost 3099 L and the Regular 3499 L. I can't see the point in 3 different versions. It reminds me too much of the way TMP sold their bodies. Bleh.

I got my Lite on sale some months ago; I think it was like 1500 at the time? I've never used an applier layer in my life, and the first thing I did when Freya went mod was remove them, so I was like "charge me less for what I want anyway? Yes please!" 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

2 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Yeah, I think the only body you can't descript is Legacy, which is a shame because its script count is insane.

Oh, possibly. The only body I use regularly other than Jake is Legacy (ever since Slink became untenable), but I do have a Gianni around here somewhere I could check.

@Marianne Little, For all the crazy stuff I've done modifying Jake, including removing some links, somehow it never occurred to me to *add* links. That's a good idea!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kittycatdoll2 said:

so whoever posted this on virtual secrets is an awful; person i am not a troll but i already contacted virtual; secrets to you will probably get in trouble now https://gyazo.com/70dbccd0f179c7fca9351f06337f6ea2

Several of us made it onto VS this week so you're not...alone.  Submissions are anonymous so no one is getting in trouble.  Just laugh and ignore it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kittycatdoll2 said:

so whoever posted this on virtual secrets is an awful; person i am not a troll but i already contacted virtual; secrets to you will probably get in trouble now https://gyazo.com/70dbccd0f179c7fca9351f06337f6ea2

Don't let them get to you. It's what fuels them.. I never been to that site , but from what I hear, it's a good place to avoid..

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.