Best Treats & Weird Tricks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This pumpkin octopus guy, is from the shop and hop, I'll have to log in to get the name. I'm pretty sure it had a c in it, maybe the name Chris, but I honestly can't remember. 

It's a cool freebie, the flame in the center is animated (and the textures are actually really good, I just didn't wait for them to load). I have it set to max size. Most of the decor I have out for Halloween was free, at SnH, off MP or from different places. The bigger pumpkin in front of it (it's a posing thing) and the skeleton on the ground were also from SnH.  Also the lil inflatable ghosties popping out of pumpkins by my garden (those flowers are just some of my plantpets, not freebies or Hallween decor, lol) in the 2nd pic, one has a mustache. The scarecrow thingy is from mp. 

Also the jinx ickle franken-goaty which I need to get a pic of. He's free at SnH too. Honestly, most of the stuff I got at SnH is pretty cool. I still have a LOT to open, but I'm impressed so far. Last time I did a SnH, a lot of the gifts were meh (sorry to complain as I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but I also hate deleting gifts, I feel bad) and some had nothing to do with what people were selling anyway. This time around, I'm impressed.

Couple of free vehicles there too, haven't opened them yet. 

hween1.png.2a93647cf511069bf4efbf6df96c7ca6.png

hween3.png.d00c9ae1769bd696448721b3d4084fe0.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Do Hunts count also or no?  I haven't been on a hunt in awhile so they may have changed since a few years ago..

Anything current & free (or $L 1). I was looking for current gifts, but if it's an especially weird past gift you could post a picture - no credit to the store or creator of course.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Best gifts are definitely the hunt items from AsteroidBox! They're all halloween textured so you might not get use outside of Halloween/horror sims, but the quality of the items is top notch. Love their stuff.

Weird/disappointing is the trend of giving out bonus HUDs as gifts that don't work unless you purchase the product they're selling at the event. On one hand, it's nice to get extra exclusive colors for an item. On the other, you could have just included that in the package for the item when it's purchased at said event rather than pretending it's a gift for everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For those liking piratey or witchy things, I got these leather gloves and overglove rings from Meva. First pick up a L$360 gift card from the desk in the center of the booth, then buy stuff from any of the vendors. The gloves (L$160) and the rings (L$190) are here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gleaming/115/233/53

2023 Meva Gift.jpg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

Weird/disappointing is the trend of giving out bonus HUDs as gifts that don't work unless you purchase the product they're selling at the event. On one hand, it's nice to get extra exclusive colors for an item. On the other, you could have just included that in the package for the item when it's purchased at said event rather than pretending it's a gift for everyone.

Wow - I have not run in to that. That would probably be something that would get a creator immediately put on my 'never buy from' list.  

If such a gift happened at Shop & Hop, they would likely be in violation of LL's Gift Policy for that event.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

I found one "gift" like that so far. It went straight in the trash. I don't even remember the store, but I didn't go back to look at their sale items. 

I also found a store that sells houses with a $L 500 gift card. They do have some items under $L 500 at their main store, but you have to pay out of pocket, then wait for a refund. I'm still waiting for my $L 299 back. I don't think this is within the rules for Shop & Hop either.

Who do we complain to about merchants who don't follow the rules?

My  best treat so far is the $L 360 gift card from Meva. There are a couple items I want that are just over $L 360, but I'm happy to pay the difference. Many of the items come with multi-texture HUDS, but most only fit Maitreya Lara and Legacy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I also found a store that sells houses with a $L 500 gift card. They do have some items under $L 500 at their main store, but you have to pay out of pocket, then wait for a refund. I'm still waiting for my $L 299 back. I don't think this is within the rules for Shop & Hop either.

That's not a Gift Card.  That's just the promise of credit.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I found one "gift" like that so far. It went straight in the trash. I don't even remember the store, but I didn't go back to look at their sale items. 

Fortunately, the cases I've found so far weren't at S&H, so no rules broken there. I recall getting one at the Uber birthday event and one at The Saturday Sale event. Wouldn't call it really a problem, just annoying. More than anything, it lowers my opinion of stores that do it.

I don't think that stores need to put a lot of effort into the gifts they put out for events where having one is mandatory. Tbh, they could put out the same gift at every event and it wouldn't bug me. It just feels particularly off to give a 'gift' that can't be used without paying them for another product. That's not a gift.

• Like 1

Few more gifts from SnH

First, a weird one, but it is cute, just, doesn't actually look like a ferret, lol. It's a ferret av, forgot to include it's from Teegle

ferret1.png.c013e9bb9eb484dbdc2cbe90c468fb99.png

and with its sweater

ferret2.png.f24d56ff5713c003b61b2c65a8ec9080.png

This is from Monomania, it's a really pretty dress, has different colors.

monomania2.png.0a3aea5e54a3c6a4ec1594c1026d1057.png

And this is the jinx franken-goaty, even though someone already shared it lol

goaty.png.d0e8aae589cd86e5d51bf6ddbe7f02e8.png

Edited by Casidy Silvercloud
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

If that's the one I think, at a previous one, you could only use the credit as a discount on an expensive house and had to arrange it in advance. I didn't bother clicking on the gift this time, so didn't see the terms for this round. Anyway, the event running is handled by Mischievious Mole.

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2023 at 7:57 PM, Polenth Yue said:

If that's the one I think, at a previous one, you could only use the credit as a discount on an expensive house and had to arrange it in advance. I didn't bother clicking on the gift this time, so didn't see the terms for this round. Anyway, the event running is handled by Mischievious Mole.

I contacted the creator today and he refunded my money, so no need to contact Mischievious Mole. Always try to work out problems with the merchant, before complaining too much.

On 10/15/2023 at 10:50 AM, Rowan Amore said:

Kustom9 has gifts this round.  This makeup layer from Glam Affair is awesome!  I might just wear it from now until Halloween is over...

1d26bf700b2bd43068942eceb3d422cd.thumb.jpg.14400cb84d4904703a8bb4de94cf37bb.jpg

There is some good gifts there.. I just finished making the rounds  to all the booths today..

Now the hard part, unpacking it all.. hehehe

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.