Seller failing to deliver

RobinMcRobins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I am uncertain what forum to post this in, can someone please help? I bought an item on a sale in world, and the box only had a notecard and landmark in it, Not the shoes I paid for. I have sent multiple notecards to their "csr" and been told that she will forward the notecards to the owner. It has been 2 days shy of a full month now, and the store still has sales every weekend, so someone is obviously keeping the sales going every weekend, and said person SHOULD be able to make good on the issue considering they have ability to post store sales. Can someone please post me a link, or tell me who to contact at LL about this issue? The store has been online since 2019, they should NOT be ignoring their customers, and should be able to take care of them. Any help would be appreciated. Before anyone asks, I have been back to the store multiple times to attempt redelivery hoping the issue was fixed, but it always delivers the same box without shoes.

Edited by RobinMcRobins
misspelling

1 minute ago, Polenth Yue said:

Linden Lab won't get involved in this. However, in a case where the person hired to do customer work isn't doing it, I'd send the notecard to the store owner (explaining that trying to follow the system as intended resulted in no response).

I have done just this, I am awaiting an answer. Bad part? the "csr" is the store owners partner lol. Thank you for replying.

I'm afraid buying anything in SL is buyer beware. There is no obligation for the seller to deliver and LL stay out of any dispute.

I recently lost out on an "Up next" machine not delivering items. I sent notecard to the owner, no response. Not a lot of money but it's money gone, same in your case.

Sorry to be a downer but that is SL, people can just steal your money and unless it is being done on some grand scale there isn't really much that will be done about it.

• Like 2

While all the comments above are true (and most everyone gets caught a time or two somehow) I have a couple of ideas.

• You might want to contact the CRS again with your complaint.
  • After that you might want to contact the maker you brought from in case the CSR isn't doing THEIR JOB.
  • You then if all else is still failing you might want to contact the owner of the event the creator is selling from and let them know the problem.  

In my experience event owners usually DON'T want to know when something is wrong but it is worth a try. 

PS. This is all a lot of work for 60 lindens or so but I understand the frustration.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobinMcRobins said:

I have done just this, I am awaiting an answer. Bad part? the "csr" is the store owners partner lol. Thank you for replying.

Did you open the box by adding it or rezzing it on the ground.  I had purchased an item once where all the pieces except.the sandals unpacked into my inventory.  When I rezzed it out, I was able to pull the sandals out of the contents.  Worth a try.

• Like 4

@Chic Aeon thanks for replying. The csr has been contacted 5 or 6 times now and always says the same thing. "Don't worry, I will forward your note and to the owner......." still been 2 days shy of a month now. This was not at an event purchase, it was at the store, in their weekend sales area. I know I will never buy clothing or shoes from them again, which is too bad because their stuff is pretty nice. @Rowan Amore yes, I have tried rezzing the box out, the shoes are simply not there at all, that was tried after adding it to myself and trying that way. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

In my experience event owners usually DON'T want to know when something is wrong but it is worth a try.

Sometimes it's the other way around though, got a lot of freebies as thanks for feedback both positive and negative.

• Like 4

I have had this happen, but only with gatcha items where the person sold on the container...

I have bought items that were missing some of the things that were supposed to be in there, but I've been lucky enough that it's so far always been an accident that the merchant was glad to have someone tell them about before it "got too far out there".

Skip the CSR and contact the actual merchant. If the actual merchant is in any public groups you can join some of them and look to see if that person has actually logged in recently if the member list is viewable. If they haven't then that's what your problem is: they're not active. If they have then it could be that you're being purposefully scammed...

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Wondering if that was EVENT OWNERS and not creators.  In my experience the two are very different :D

Nope, creators/store owners! 

8 hours ago, RobinMcRobins said:

yes, I have tried rezzing the box out, the shoes are simply not there at all, that was tried after adding it to myself and trying that way. 

Just double checking… did you rez the box on the ground and edit it and look on the contents tab OR did you rez the box and touch it and then look at the folder it created in your inventory?

Do the first thing to really make sure it is not in the box.

@diamond Marchant Hi, yes, I have rezzed it out, and the "box" has no shoes. In the box in edit mode/ contents, are the unpacker script, a notecard and landmark. Every time I have redelivered it to see if it has been fixed, I have added it, it gives the folder, and just notecard and landmark. When adding it have failed, I have rezzed it out but that always gives the same when I click to open it. the only difference is the script in edit mode check contents. The shoes have never been included.

Edit: additional info..... The box is listed as no modify no transfer, so it IS copy as should be shoes if they were ever included (which they were not because they are not listed in contents). I would gladly attach a gyazo screenshot but that is probably against the rules for calling someone out in attempt to harm their business or something.

Edited by RobinMcRobins
added info
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RobinMcRobins said:

I have rezzed it out, and the "box" has no shoes.

Sounds like a case of the creator originally putting “no copy” shoes in the box (they were not full perm to the creator) and subsequent failure to diagnose and correct the error. Continuing to poke them might eventually work, maybe. This sort of thing is unfortunate, sorry.

Edited by diamond Marchant
Clarification
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Sounds like a case of the creator originally putting the shoes in the box as “no copy” and subsequent failure to diagnose and correct the error. Continuing to poke them might eventually work, maybe. This sort of thing is unfortunate, sorry.

That sounded right to me, too, because it would explain why the creator wouldn't see a problem… but now that I think about it more, if the box contains an item that's no-copy for the current owner (the creator here), wouldn't the whole box disappear along with its contents the one time it sells? (or fail to transfer at all if using llGiveInventoryList instead of llGiveInventory)

If an item in contents is set no-copy to the next owner (the buyer here) I don't think that would cause any trouble (although it would be a dumb setting for shoes).

(This may be all wrong, though. I tie myself in knots with permissions, which is why I have to test even the simplest thing with an alt if it involves transferring anything.)

• Like 1

Definitely contact the creator directly explaining that you've been in touch with the CSR for over a month with no satisfaction.  There are creators in SL that are super friendly and eager to help, even the really big famous ones, when things go wrong.  Sometimes that's why they're so big and famous; they do things right and make good on their promises.  Whenever I have been in this situation (and it is very common; things go wrong in the world) I've received more than I bargained for in thanks for my patience. 

Also if the brand has a group-chat you can ask if anybody else has had this problem in the group chat to see just how big the problem really is; and if the owner of the group chat is paying attention then that might help things move along a little faster.  Respectfully of course, always.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Did you open the box by adding it or rezzing it on the ground.  I had purchased an item once where all the pieces except.the sandals unpacked into my inventory.  When I rezzed it out, I was able to pull the sandals out of the contents.  Worth a try.

I know we established already (a couple times) that this was unsuccessful in the case of this thread, so just on a passing tangent: setting no-copy permissions for next owner on an item in a delivery box is very likely to cause just this. That's because the box and all its contents will become owned by that "next owner" before the unpacking script runs, so those sandals are now no-copy for the buyer, and llGiveInventoryList will not move no-copy items out of the object and into the folder it creates in the owner's Inventory. Hence no-copy sandals would remain inside the box until rezzed and moved over manually.

The other function, llGiveInventory, will move no-copy items, but it doesn't create a handy Inventory folder to put them in, so they're easily misplaced that way too.

(Of course, SL being SL, the sandals might well be copy perm and some other wackiness may have caused the problem in this instance.)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RobinMcRobins said:

@Shiloh Lyric I see no link for a discord page in their store, and interestingly enough, when I joined their group to see when the owner was last online, the members list is not available...................... GRRRRRRRRRRR This is simply infuriating. Thank you for replying though

Regardless of the useless information supplied to you above, send an abuse report under fraud > l$.  Even if LL can't help you, then they can still stop them from defrauding other users.

12 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

wouldn't the whole box disappear

If you have a box that contains items, and you have transfer and copy perms on all that stuff.... except for one item (the shoes)  in the box where you do not have a copy perm... THEN when you transfer the box using a script (llGiveInventory), it all gets copied and transferred EXCEPT that one item, which is transferred but NOT copied.

So the first purchaser gets the shoes. The subsequent purchasers get the box without shoes because the seller no longer has shoes in the box that is being sold.

Here is a note in llGetInventory that explains the first part of this scenario.

"If inventory is no-copy it is transfered to destination without copying it. Since it is no-copy the only copy is given to destination; removing it from the source prim's inventory. "

So the seller thinks all is well because shoes WERE initially put in the box.

This is kind of a tangent for this thread because it doesn't get the OP any closer to a solution to their specific problem, but in case anybody is still interested…

We're discussing a kind of special case of giving inventory items, specifically where the giver themself doesn't have copy permission on the item being given (as opposed to the permission settings for next owner, where the current owner can give any number of those). This no-copy problem is common with gacha item resale because the item is usually no-copy to the seller.

Also—and I had to test this with an alt to make completely sure I wasn't misremembering—if I put an item that's no-copy for me into a full perm box, that box behaves as if has the restrictive no-copy permission of its contents, so if I then put that box into a vendor object with a llGiveInventory script, it will give away one instance of the box containing the no-copy item and then the vendor will be empty; it doesn't keep a copiable version of the box with the no-copy item missing.

What can happen is a variant of the "gacha" problem above, where the script gives a bunch of stuff including that no-copy gacha item. It'll keep giving just the other stuff it has copy permissions for after it has already given its one instance of the no-copy gacha item.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.