Tell everyone one good thing about Second Life and Linden Labs

cirleen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I think there is a bus stop very handily near LL's offices on Battery Street.

It's a real low key building, I like looking at it in street view on google maps. I can't find it there, but I know there's only one tiny little identification sign in one of the windows that says "Second Life." No one would ever know if they walked by.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, cirleen said:

It's a real low key building, I like looking at it in street view on google maps. I can't find it there, but I know there's only one tiny little identification sign in one of the windows that says "Second Life." No one would ever know if they walked by.

But weee doooo tralala ;)

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.800276,-122.4014356,3a,16.4y,218.33h,86.88t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1szaPIdYwM6S5gTC3YV4L5oQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

But weee doooo tralala ;)

Yay! You found it! Maybe it dates me because I remember it as a scrap of paper taped in a window. I love the SL hamsa logo, even when it appears in an unknown and nonspecific place. Especially when a beautiful pier is visible at the end of the cross street. I hope they don't change it, if it's not fixed, don't break it. At risk of someone starting a new logo design topic, I'll say that's another thing I like about SL/LL is the logo.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, BillFletcher said:

Everyone misspells my RL last name and it's only 4 letters. I shouldn't even bother to tell people what it is, I should just spell it out for them, it would be quicker.

I've been called Cake more times than I can count when people typo my name.. At least I think they typo'd. 0o

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

No, it's true, there's a bunch of them that hang out on a lawn a ways North of the little seaside shopping mall at Fisherman's Wharf. But it's greatly exaggerated, I mean how often do we find someone hiding in the back seat of our car? Unaware, I absentmindedly walked right through the bunch of them one day and all I remember was a guy begging another to share his pot and the guy said maybe later and left. It's an apt metaphor for some forum threads where there's the biggest "eeeeewwwww" you ever saw, and I agree. The longer the "eeeeewwww" the worse what's happening in the thread. And that's another thing I truly appreciate is that forum participation is not mandatory. No one knows a word about us unless we choose to write.

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Ocean Starchild said:

Some of the sims out there are really pretty.

I really couldn't tell you what sims I like better, the ones that are realistic or the ones that are like art sculpture. Some of the sim builders are absolutely amazing.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, cirleen said:

I really couldn't tell you what sims I like better, the ones that are realistic or the ones that are like art sculpture. Some of the sim builders are absolutely amazing.

I tend to go for the realistic ones, usually nature parks. They help a little with the loneliness. Art sculpture ones I haven't seen, but they sound pretty interesting.

• Like 3

Things I like about SL are;

1; I'm able to be/look however I want, whenever I want for the most part.

2; Enjoying the fun communities I've found to hangout in.

3. Having the social outlet it gives me at a point in my life where I don't have many IRL.

4; The creativity.

5; That SL has so much longevity.

6; A more mature group of players. As a gamer when I am on online games, I often get told I'm too old by others (I'm only 37 btw), but on a platform like SL I feel like I don't get judged by my age.

7; Enjoying all fun locals, museums and classes.

8; A relatively safe environment to explore.

As for LL, I don't have as much experience interacting with them, but for good things I have noticed, most of the staff seem to be friendly and helpful. They are constantly doing work try and improve SL, I may or may not always agree with what's being done, but at least they try, and that says a lot in my book. Not to mention they put up with a lot I'm sure.

Edited by MissSweetViolet
Thought of more to add.
  • Like 4

On 9/8/2023 at 2:39 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

We need to be careful. If we cross too many threads, we may open up a portal to an alternate universe. Then we could have Linden Lab and Linden Lab Prime, Second Life and Second Life Prime, Basic, Basic Plus, Economy, 1st Class, Bussines Class, Out of Business Class...

What about Linden Lab Passenger, Second Life Shotgun, and Second Life Back Seat Driver? Those linden labs make me want to upgrade to an In The Trunk With Duck Tape On My Mouth account.

• Haha 3

The last thing I can think of that I really like about SL is in the forums, how @Luna Bliss @Leora Greenwood @Marigold Devin and @Persephone Emerald always cheer me up. I also enjoy @Love Zhaoying's jokes, if only he would only learn how to joke properly and not the way I do. And, of course, thanks to my husband @BillFletcher for introducing me to this insanity where I fit right in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, cirleen said:

The last thing I can think of that I really like about SL is in the forums, how @Luna Bliss @Leora Greenwood @Marigold Devin and @Persephone Emerald always cheer me up. I also enjoy @Love Zhaoying's jokes, if only he would only learn how to joke properly and not the way I do. And, of course, thanks to my husband @BillFletcher for introducing me to this insanity where I fit right in.

That works both ways, you add a positive element to the forums too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.