Introducing Senra Avatars... what do you think?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm still reading through another thread on it. I was going to use one of these bodies when it came out after reading about it before. But then I got the free mesh body I have now and I'm quite pleased with it.  

I was going to apply to get the dev kit for the senra bodies, but I have  changed my mind on that (and reserve the right to change it again lmao) because of some of the terms you have to agree to. I don't mind applying, even if I don't think that's in their best interest. What I won't do, is submit my creations for their review before I can even upload them. That goes against how I feel about creating in sl in general, so, I'm torn on that whole bit atm. So far responses I've seen, and all the creators who have been in here making stuff for 14+ years being angry about the lab ignoring them entirely is making me stick to my guns on that one. They know way more than I do, I've only ever made system stuff, sculpts, prims and some full perm mesh stuff I've bought.  So if long term creators that i respect are taking issue, I'm going to sit and watch that unfold for a bit. 

I haven't tried the body on yet, I plan to just to see if I can work on some system stuff which I can make BOM, but it's not like I can sell it or even give it away for use with them since I have to get the okay to do that from the lab. That totally defeats my whole purpose, but we'll see, it might be fun for testing out my texturing skills again. I won't be wearing them though. I like the body I have, lol.. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I've been anxious to try out the new female body. It was kind of hard to find an old SLUV skin my inventory as I've thrown most of them out since switching to EvoX, but I found an old YS&YS skin with a few makeups in the same folder. 

senra_full-face.thumb.jpg.80ab6fc80bff6edf591f0932ad007435.jpg

There are issues with the skin around the nose and lips, but I think once skins are released that were made for this head that can be overcome enough so that someone new to SL won't have a problem using this head in the short term. 

The body isn't bad at all. I think a person could use this body with any of the mesh heads out there for a very long time.

senra_full-front.thumb.jpg.ca7517113ed6279cc7f063e14b9979e8.jpg

senra_front.thumb.jpg.a8c72a930810314b9d7fb709c97742c2.jpg

senra_back.thumb.jpg.bf12e16eabbf5d8b94ae5c5c9f82e672.jpg

you look nice, Blush.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My understanding is that LL had approached (some) creators about the Senra bodies some time ago, with a view to having have some commercial clothing available for them from the outset. At least, that was my impression (and it would make sense, no?)

A quick search of MP for "Senra" finds only one entry this is clearly not about these bodies. Has anyone seen anything available outside of the library for these avatars yet?

If there is, LL should publicize a list.

• Like 1

I will say, I do like that they can create the avatar before even creating the account..

Also I do like the new setup for new users that I seen in the video.. That's much better than what they currently have.. If felt pretty relaxing, which is what they really need at the very start..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Casidy Silvercloud said:

What I won't do, is submit my creations for their review before I can even upload them. That goes against how I feel about creating in sl in general, so, I'm torn on that whole bit atm.

He addresses this in the other thread...

On 7/31/2023 at 5:46 PM, Patch Linden said:

1) No, create to your heart's content, anything and everything you want, assuming you have the SDK.

2) Correct, if we were to choose to feature your content in the unannounced things to come like the creation onboarding experience, then we would need to inspect your content before it ends up selectable and potentially in everyone's inventory.  There's more to come on this.

3) That's for the beholder to decide. We feel we've created a launching point for new users, which will come with significant and groundbreaking (for Second Life) tools that I will continue to reinforce, are not currently aimed at existing users of Second Life.  

The SDK is not set up as a teaching tool for new content creators to learn from, that is currently out of scope for the project, we may tackle that later on. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I will say, I do like that they can create the avatar before even creating the account..

Also I do like the new setup for new users that I seen in the video.. That's much better than what they currently have.. If felt pretty relaxing, which is what they really need at the very start..

Wow, ok. I hadn't watched the video.

THIS IS REALLY GOOD. It does mimic the process of character customization that a lot of platforms and games use.

Now, if they can produce something like that works after you initial startup . . . (which, I know, I know, would be immensely difficult, but still . . .)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Now, if they can produce something like that works after you initial startup . . . (which, I know, I know, would be immensely difficult, but still . . .)

I think this avatar custimisation code is solely part of their registration server-software and not suited for their viewer.

Which they might keep exclusive to new registering users. Seems at least like a priority decision.

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wow, ok. I hadn't watched the video.

THIS IS REALLY GOOD. It does mimic the process of character customization that a lot of platforms and games use.

They really need to keep them away from the clutter of free stuff that will bombard them when they first get in..

The user ran place that my last alt went though was a terrible experience.. They got hit with all kinds of useless free junk like the moment they got out of the start up area..

They really need some serious rules for places that they are letting be start areas for new residents.. It was so disappointing in what I saw when I went through last..  It felt like addville  right out of the gate..

• Like 4

Just now, Ted McGregor said:

I think this avatar custimisation code is solely part of their registration server-software and not suited for their viewer.

Which they might keep exclusive to new registering users. Seems at least like a priority decision.

I am sure that this is correct.

Nonetheless, they have the code now in the viewer that assembles these all for you when you log-in for the first time: that has to be outside of the registration software. Something is converting your choices from the web page to an actual avatar when you first appear.

The chief issue, I think, would be integrating existing content into this system: I presume that the new Senra stuff is "tagged" somehow in-world to make it work.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

... that has to be outside of the registration software. Something is converting your choices from the web page to an actual avatar when you first appear.

The choices are, converted as values to a script, excecuted inworld attaching the library items to your avatar after registration.

I think this is a deliberate one way street.

The obvious you ask for would need to be coded into the viewer, likewise , from the ground up, afaik.

PS Absolutely possible what you ask for. But you know .. time , resources .. :|

Edited by Ted McGregor
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They really need to keep them away from the clutter of free stuff that will bombard them when they first get in..

The user ran place that my last alt went though was a terrible experience.. They got hit with all kinds of useless free junk like the moment they got out of the start up area..

They really need some serious rules for places that they are letting be start areas for new residents.. It was so disappointing in what I saw when I went through last..  It felt like addville  right out of the gate..

Addville or Advil?  Did it give you a headache?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Why the female body and shape make me look like a action man doll in a dress.

I look like i could mother two twins and wrangle home a hog for lunch.

41874bae080f4be8a6a6c7f00bf0598b.png

Ha ha. I honestly wonder how you got it to look like that though, can you post a picture of the worn outfit folder? Here's Jamie Body + Head with default shape 1, skin 2, no modifications.

f95c9cd68e05fcdf803ae9e42f263a3d.png

Edited by missyrideout
  • Like 3

It is nice to have a free mesh head, I'm not sure if I will keep it on or not.

Mesh Head:

Snapshot_703.thumb.png.a37413577ca705ec67f09acd58268c3f.png

And below is the system head

Snapshot_704.thumb.png.e46f74ea948c7470050277b62ac3d161.png

Choices, choices.. Geesh, why do you do this to me LL?  I was all set on not having a mesh head, now I kind of like it, but that means I have to go through all of my wardrobe folders and add it and replace the shape for each outfit. 

The body itself looks good as well, but I want to keep my outfits so I'll be sticking with my default.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

It is nice to have a free mesh head, I'm not sure if I will keep it on or not.

Mesh Head:

Snapshot_703.thumb.png.a37413577ca705ec67f09acd58268c3f.png

And below is the system head

Snapshot_704.thumb.png.e46f74ea948c7470050277b62ac3d161.png

Choices, choices.. Geesh, why do you do this to me LL?  I was all set on not having a mesh head, now I kind of like it, but that means I have to go through all of my wardrobe folders and add it and replace the shape for each outfit. 

The body itself looks good as well, but I want to keep my outfits so I'll be sticking with my default.  

Its a shame people don't use rlv for their outfits. Its so much simpler than having to change every single outfit when you upgrade to something new.

Anyone interested in rlv folders for outfits, im me inworld, i'll help you set them up 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ted McGregor said:

Owdemmit.. seriously ? Dresses ? In the Blake folder ? :|

love_020.thumb.jpg.6cc25dcd4fe09fc4208b46b2965556eb.jpg

The names of each are non sex specific. Either name could be used as male or female. Are there trousers in the female folder?

Edited by SpiritSparrow Skydancer
I have not look
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

He addresses this in the other thread...

I saw that. His clarifications actually only take a CYA stance. That's totally not a dig on Patch of course, it's what he has to do and what any smart legal team would tell him to do. But he didn't actually clarify anything except to say "but we might not take that part seriously". I'm glad he tried, really, it helps a lot to at least try and clear things up. 

His clarification says "we'll only use it for stuff we can't yet tell you about" (which is a good attempt at trying to ease some minds), but the contract you agree to, says otherwise (which is pretty typical in business, lol).  That's also not a dig at the lab either, all of their TOS and such things are written on convoluted legalese too, lol. I just take some issues with the way some things are worded, personally, an how they can be potentially applied in the future.  I still reserve the right to change my mind at a later date though, and I might, who knows. 

For now I can at least make BOM stuff for myself if I want to try it on and mess about with it. I used to make system clothes in sl, so that part will be easy.

Long live my flexis and sculpt parts, I'm so bringing them back! 

dun...dun....duuunnnnnnnnnnn

(ok not really)

(but maaaaaaaaybe....)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.