LaraX?

Rowan Amore
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Shouldn't you put the dress ON that has the v5 auto hide on FIRST and then click SHOW ALL in the maitreya hud as @MissSweetVioletexplained?  If you're naked without a dress on, you have no alpha cuts to SHOW ALL.  You put the dress on, the auto alpha hides, you THEN have something to SHOW ALL.

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Was it you, @Rowan Amore who had the link to a HUD where we could make new alpha layers?

I was stupid, and did not put it in favorites on the Marketplace. I forget to do that all the time, and have a hard time finding it again.

I think I do not need hundreds of layers. Many will cover the same areas.

The one I showed used RLV if I remember correctly.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Mine is actually SnottyVendor Inc Little Black Dress No. 4 :P

Thank you!  Your step by step break down was really helpful.  Dammit. 

I was talking to a friend oh, last year sometime, about what a pain it was having to type "/95 whatever menu" for a whole bunch of items, and she made a script that scans your attachments and spams "/95 [partial item name] menu" for every attachment it finds.

So I have that in a small prim worn as a hud bottom centre on my screen, when i do autoalpha work, and i just add the clothing, set the body alphas, and click the hud, and pop, theres the menu.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Shouldn't you put the dress ON that has the v5 auto hide on FIRST and then click SHOW ALL

You could do that, but then you have to manually turn off all the cuts you want, whereas putting the dress on after, some of the cuts it does, will be in the right places, so you just have to set the wrong ones, not all of them. I've done the autohide v5 menu thing a LOT, I do it the way that's less work.

9 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

You could do that, but then you have to manually turn off all the cuts you want, whereas putting the dress on after, some of the cuts it does, will be in the right places, so you just have to set the wrong ones, not all of them. I've done the autohide v5 menu thing a LOT, I do it the way that's less work.

Then the first 3 steps make no sense to me and you don't need SHOW ALL at all. 

I'm naked, everything is already showing since I haven't put the dress on yet.  I put the dress on.  The auto hide, hides.  I use the HUD to fix what needs fixed.  I do the save steps from the pop up.  Done.  

8 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

What I don't get, and I'm not saying it's being spouted by many, because it's only a very tiny segment, is the dismissal of the desires of so many who have desired a new and improved body from Maitreya. Why in the world would you begrudge those of us who have dreamed of this body when you still have the body you love?

Because as a result we have entered a split market scenario. Maitreya's strongest point for years now has been its extensive wardrobe and because of its big marketshare, it meant that most creators would make for it.

We are now having big creators say they will not make for 5.3. I do not like LaraX, I do not want a new body. This only hurts me as someone who wants to use 5.3 and keep their wardrobe and people don't seem to see how detrimental this will be to the market, they only see "ooooh new shiny body".

Either 5.3 becomes forgotten or LaraX becomes forgotten, we have way too many bodies and creators will respond to what is most popular, so one of them will be dropped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Then the first 3 steps make no sense to me and you don't need SHOW ALL at all. 

You strip off, in stage 1 for a very simple reason.

Step 1. STRIP - If you are wearing, for example, a pair of thigh boots with autoalpha, and you try setting the dress up, it will INCLUDE the hidden parts for the boots, so wearing the dress would hide your damn legs.

Step 2. - Open the alpha cut hud, because you'll be using that. Duh!

Step 3. -Some of the things you took off might not correctly un-hide when removed, known bug with autohide v3/v4, depending on which prim the script was placed in. So you click Show All, just to set everything to default.

Step 4. - Technically you don't HAVE to add the dress, you could rez a copy on the ground, it still works, but its easier to see which cuts you need to toggle, and which you don't, if you are wearing the damn thing.

Step 5. - Manually set the cuts you want if they are not set, and unset the cuts you don't want if they are. Doh.

Step 6 thru 12 shouldn't need explaining.

But feel free to do it your own way.

People who don't know how to do this at all asked for instructions, I gave them a set I KNOW work.

• Thanks 1

I like the LaraX. I had put away the 5.3 a couple of years ago when I bought the Legacy body. Even more than the shoulders with the original Lara, I could NOT get past the cankles. The ankle and ankle-to-foot area just annoyed me with the original Lara. That and if I took any photo without sleeves, I had to edit the armpit area because it was cut so unnaturally high. Despite the dramatic negativity from one or two posters, this body is a vast improvement, in my opinion let me add, over the old Lara. I wish I would have snapped some photos. I was able to put together a couple of outfits with a combination of old Maitreya and some Legacy fits. The legs and ankles area are shaped much better on LaraX in addition to the shoulder and armpit area being more natural.

Edited by Shiloh Lyric
grammar
  • Like 14

I had some time today for trying out LaraX.  I was able to get a shape that I like with it, and was able to take a look at what's been released so far - I have several outfits I like that I can wear with it now. 

I didn't try going through all my existing clothes to see what might work - I'll just switch back and forth between the two bodies depending on what I want to wear and what body the outfit is rigged for.  I already do that between Slink Physique, Prima Petite and the 5.3 Lara, so nothing different than adding one more body into the mix.  

I'm not feeling pressured to need to have a bunch of LaraX clothes right off the bat, or to buy something I don't really like just because it's available in LaraX.   I'll just pick them up as styles I like become available, and if something I like doesn't have a LaraX size, but does have 5.3 (or Slink or Prima) then I'll buy the size for one of the other bodies that I wear.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Only the newer version of this script has that /95 functionality as far as I know, the old one was configured differently.

and when we say 'new', this V5 script has been out for years, but many of the Big Name (like Blueberry, for instance) clothing designers still use the V4 script (and make it no-mod, of course).  So for them the only recourse is to use the 'Show all' button in the Lara(X) hud - Alpha page to reset after putting the item on, before doing your own cut settings.

I am now boycotting all V4 script users, unless they let me delete the script.  That includes Blueberry sadly.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

I am now boycotting all V4 script users, unless they let me delete the script.  That includes Blueberry sadly.

Blueberry does have a function to delete the script via HUDs for many years. Addams, however, does not, and many others. And for some weird reason it's those who don't have any ways to delete them are the ones that also often mess up the cuts too. Not limited to Maitreya sizes alone too, sadly.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

Blueberry does have a function to delete the script via HUDs for many years. Addams, however, does not, and many others. And for some weird reason it's those who don't have any ways to delete them are the ones that also often mess up the cuts too. Not limited to Maitreya sizes alone too, sadly.

Does't the Blueberry HUD delete all scripts though, so you'd loose the texture change ability?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

and when we say 'new', this V5 script has been out for years, but many of the Big Name (like Blueberry, for instance) clothing designers still use the V4 script (and make it no-mod, of course).  So for them the only recourse is to use the 'Show all' button in the Lara(X) hud - Alpha page to reset after putting the item on, before doing your own cut settings.

Oh wow, I did not know that. I only have a few Blueberry items, wonder why they didn't move to the 'new' script?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Oh wow, I did not know that. I only have a few Blueberry items, wonder why they didn't move to the 'new' script?

Probably, merchants don't upgrade to v5 Autohide, because they would ACTUALLY have to GO to Maitreya and collect the free autohide kit off the wall next to the body vendor, and then change their workflow, edit their template "root prim with scripts in" that they link to all their meshes etc.

Basically, to avoid spending 10 mins updating their production line, so their new content would be Real Lara 5.x compatible.

So I have bought just a few new items for my LaraX body: one knit dress with belt from Carol's Store (they have a couple of LaraX items out now), and the following outfit, which consists of the Vintage Jeans from Maitreya (newly updated to LaraX, and 50% off for Black Friday), paired with the Megan top from GAWK (also updated for LaraX, and also 50% off).

Vanity Fair LaraX.jpg

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.