LaraX?

Rowan Amore

I've heard some rumours a week or so ago and I'm so glad to have the confirmation for the Maitreya update. I really hope they jump on the bandwagon of some curvy bodies but also somehow manage to retain compatibility with the old clothes. I think it's vital as Maitreya takes up the biggest share of the market, judging by all the questionnaires. And any more new bodies requiring even MORE new clothes is just an unnecessary weight on the creators and the shoppers alike.

All in all, whatever the developers present, I'm excited for it :) I'm a newish user of the body, but it's always wanted it and when I got it, it proved to be exactly what I wanted. We'll see when it does drop!

EDIT: Just saw that Maitreya made an official statement. I'm so EXCITED.

Edited by JulsToffy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Alpha cuts are also being retained.

There is some general info and a GIF showing some of the shape differences on their FB page (no account necessary) here: https://www.facebook.com/MaitreyaSL

Oooo thank you for this! I checked her FB yesterday, but there was no official notice posted yet. 

This sounds awesome! 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JulsToffy said:

I've heard some rumours a week or so ago and I'm so glad to have the confirmation for the Maitreya update. I really hope they jump on the bandwagon of some curvy bodies but also somehow manage to retain compatibility with the old clothes. I think it's vital as Maitreya takes up the biggest share of the market, judging by all the questionnaires. And any more new bodies requiring even MORE new clothes is just an unnecessary weight on the creators and the shoppers alike.

All in all, whatever the developers present, I'm excited for it :) I'm a newish user of the body, but it's always wanted it and when I got it, it proved to be exactly what I wanted. We'll see when it does drop!

EDIT: Just saw that Maitreya made an official statement. I'm so EXCITED.

While I hope this isn't true (curvy market is oversaturated) it probably is... that's where their main competition is coming from after all and they've got serious brand clout.

I guess if it does go that way then I hope they remember they've pretty much got the petite market to themselves. Who knows, we'll have to wait and see.

edit: it is true, official announcement says as much. Curvier Lara. I guess there's always room for improvement but I just hope slim shapes are still possible with the update.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

While I hope this isn't true (curvy market is oversaturated) it probably is... that's where their main competition is coming from after all and they've got serious brand clout.

I guess if it does go that way then I hope they remember they've pretty much got the petite market to themselves. Who knows, we'll have to wait and see.

Oh, to clarify, I hope that the body aims at both markets :) Maitreya has definitely been great with those who prefer petite shapes and if they can help us curvy ladies with that also, It would be a win-win for both sides :D Totally agreeing with you!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JulsToffy said:

Oh, to clarify, I hope that the body aims at both markets :) Maitreya has definitely been great with those who prefer petite shapes and if they can help us curvy ladies with that also, It would be a win-win for both sides :D Totally agreeing with you!

According to this (official): https://www.facebook.com/MaitreyaSL/videos/306289735135049/

It says they listened to what people were asking for and have come up with a curvier Lara and improved weighting, I assume given this means new clothes they'll go further and change the shoulder shape etc, in fact it sounds entirely new all around since they mention seamless swapping between 'old' Lara and new LaraX. Who knows! still excited, in fact I think this sounds better than just tweaking the original and being hamstrung by trying to maintain compatibility. Confirmed free update too!

edit: video contradicts everything I said lol, the changes are there but... hmm, maybe entirely new isn't the route they've gone for, seems quite subtle.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 2

Just now, Fionalein said:

That sounds like a big promise. Believing it when I see it.

Looking at the video I can see how it would work, the changes are in the shoulders, arms, pelvis &butt area. Could just have two meshes in that region, a little like how other bodies have done it - sometimes to an even greater degree, like Rebirth - that are made visible/invisible on command.

I'm actually surprised they changed the lower arms at all, I guess no harm in it but I didn't think they really needed anything.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Grrrr.

Once again FB (gak!) makes it impossible for those of us who use a VPN to see public content.

I'm on VPN and can see it, I do hate Facebook though... please people who run sales, stop putting galleries on Facebook!!

Hope this helps:

lara_x.gif

lara_x_announce.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

14 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

... please people who run sales, stop putting galleries on Facebook!!

Can't be repeated often enough, same goes for Pinterest, flikkr and X(or however Tesla Social is going to be called now).

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 3

5Wvj5y9.png

Comparing the Lara and Lara X, as shown on https://www.facebook.com/MaitreyaSL/videos/306289735135049/ - The blue outline in this image represents the Maitreya Lara, while the skin/body shown is the Lara X.

I've been able to glean the following.

Changes:

1. Shoulders are slightly narrower, and further back. They may be smaller 'around' as well.
  2. Biceps (upper arms) seem very slightly thinner, especially when viewed from the front. This may be an illusion based on the shoulder movement.
  3. Belly seems to be drawn in slightly (front to back)
  4. waist is narrower (side to side)
  5. Butt and thighs appear to have become a bit plumper.

Overall these changes seem subtle. (I had to stare at the video/gif for a while to even notice it was changing.. and only really got a feel for it when I compared two screenshots). The differences are notable however, and I think an improvement, but the overall effect is less a "whole new body" and more a refinement of the existing one.

I think that a lot of the concern of old clothes not fitting is largely overblown. SUPER TIGHT fitting clothes, lingerie, stockings, leotards, etc may have trouble, but a lot of sweaters and jackets look like they'll continue to fit just fine. Especially items with some body clearance, or items that needed alpha cuts in the past, largely may continue to look just fine on this new body.

All-in-all this seems like a positive reworking, and while it's hardly a big flash change, I think it will be appreciated by people who already own and love the Maitreya Lara, and the changes are subtle enough that the large library of existing clothing content may well work just fine.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Honey Puddles said:

All-in-all this seems like a positive reworking, and while it's hardly a big flash change, I think it will be appreciated by people who already own and love the Maitreya Lara, and the changes are subtle enough that the large library of existing clothing content may well work just fine.

The rigging has changed as well though.  The Maitreya CSR herself said this will mean that some existing clothing will not fit.  To what extent we just don't know yet.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

The rigging has changed as well though.  The Maitreya CSR herself said this will mean that some existing clothing will not fit.  To what extent we just don't know yet.

Assuming the images are using exactly the same shape and pose (and they seem to be), the rigging changes are represented in the differences between the two images.

It's still very subtle. I'm not trying to indicate that your personal favourite skintight leotard will continue working, but I'd be willing to bet that 70-80% of everything I own for Maitreya (particularly the 'looser' stuff like things from Blueberry for example) will probably keep working just fine. Anything you had to 'hide the shoulders' on, to get to fit, is probably gonna keep fitting very similarly.

It looks like they went to great pains to maintain support for existing items where possible.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Honey Puddles said:

Changes:

There also seems to be some change to the shape of the groin area, it's getting a more defined topography. 

A rare time where the English not having a word for 'ljumske' makes it hard to explain, but it appears to be deeper .. (the joint between the thigh and the underside of the pelvis). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

There also seems to be some change to the shape of the groin area, it's getting a more defined topography. 

A rare time where the English not having a word for 'ljumske' makes it hard to explain, but it appears to be deeper .. (the joint between the thigh and the underside of the pelvis). 

Looked again and you seem to be right, so all the "body enhancements" won't fit anymore neither... 🙀

• Like 5

Ooo, I am loving that the body keep the alpha cuts. 

Personally, I do not use clothes many times before I buy something new. I am sure it at least 30% of my clothes is not packed up, or only unpacked and tried on.

And what's worn more than 1-3 times... not much.

So buying new clothes will be as usual. I see something new in a sale, and buy it.

I have a lot of fantasy clothes that I don't use, because I do not log in so much now. I can wear them with the original Lara. No problems.

I love free updates. This is one of the reasons I recommend Lara. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Alpha cuts are also being retained.

There is some general info and a GIF showing some of the shape differences on their FB page (no account necessary) here: https://www.facebook.com/MaitreyaSL

Yes! The gif shows a softening of the shoulders from Lara v5.3 to LaraX. If you don't look at the shoulders, you might not even see the difference. The rest of the body looks basically the same, but maybe the sliders will be more forgiving on this new version?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The rest of the body looks basically the same, but maybe the sliders will be more forgiving on this new version?

Highlighted part equals the body looking different with other shapes...

We're only shown the default shape, I bet the differences will be less subtle for custom shapes...

• Like 5

According to what was said by the CSR  on the group, they expect existing clothing will not fit.  To paraphrase, you cannot make mesh clothing work for two different rigs.

They also said that the bum has been changed and it looks like physics is going to work.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Honey Puddles said:

5Wvj5y9.png

Comparing the Lara and Lara X, as shown on https://www.facebook.com/MaitreyaSL/videos/306289735135049/ - The blue outline in this image represents the Maitreya Lara, while the skin/body shown is the Lara X.

I've been able to glean the following.

Changes:

1. Shoulders are slightly narrower, and further back. They may be smaller 'around' as well.
  2. Biceps (upper arms) seem very slightly thinner, especially when viewed from the front. This may be an illusion based on the shoulder movement.
  3. Belly seems to be drawn in slightly (front to back)
  4. waist is narrower (side to side)
  5. Butt and thighs appear to have become a bit plumper.

Overall these changes seem subtle. (I had to stare at the video/gif for a while to even notice it was changing.. and only really got a feel for it when I compared two screenshots). The differences are notable however, and I think an improvement, but the overall effect is less a "whole new body" and more a refinement of the existing one.

I think that a lot of the concern of old clothes not fitting is largely overblown. SUPER TIGHT fitting clothes, lingerie, stockings, leotards, etc may have trouble, but a lot of sweaters and jackets look like they'll continue to fit just fine. Especially items with some body clearance, or items that needed alpha cuts in the past, largely may continue to look just fine on this new body.

Yeah, some clothes even seem to make room for mesh underwear etc and I suspect those will be fine with these changes especially since nothing much seems to have changed in the boob department (shame, Petite needs a little lift imo!)

• Like 2

Just a quick note for those interested in getting the latest info, I see Gryphon's dropping some details in the free Maitreya Lara Friends group. Might be a good place to hang out if you aren't already in there.

Couple quick notes:

- Hands & feet aren't changing in a noticeable way (hands get a bit more smoothing). Existing rings and shoes should still fit.

- Petite will no longer require a separate addon. It will be a full body. Same with Flat, it seems.

- She recommends getting updated to version 5 (5.3 is our current one) if you aren't already before this drops. I think that has to do with the HUD being able to request redeliveries.

- Releasing with a date is unlikely. It may wind up just being a "okay grab it now" type of announcement.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4