LaraX?

Rowan Amore

3 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

First off, mod clothingg so you can add auto-alpha scripts, hell yeah, but we were talking bodies.

Second, doing what you describe to a mesh head would almost certainly break the majority of its hud features, click the hide ears button and your teeth vanish, etc.

Like I said, most people wouldn't know what to do with a mod head/body. There are more important things to worry about than "is it mod" such as "will it break every single item I purchased for it"

Priorities matter.

This is true. This is why there is a free script on Marketplace for modifying the modifiable Belleza Jake, Freya and Isis bodies to strip off their onion layers. I tried to remove the mesh nipples myself and the the feet disappeared because the link numbers changed. I had to make them transparent instead.

If Lara were modifiable, someone with more skill at modifying bodies would have to make a similar script in order for most people to be able to modify the body. Most still wouldn't though. I like the idea of bodies being modifiable, but most users can't be bothered with such things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

We're inferring it from Maitreya mentioning "seamless" switching.

In the Maitreya Lara Friends group the seamless switching has been explained by the CSR as easily switching between bodies using the change outfit function in the viewer. These are separate bodies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

For those not in the Discord. 

Directly from the CSR:

Gryphon | Maitreya — Yesterday at 7:33 PM

Redelivering Lara will get you Lara 5 + Lara X
Redelivering Petite will get you Lara 5 Petite and Lara X Petite (full body, not add-on)
Redelivering Flat will get you Lara 5 Flat and Lara X Flat (full body, not add-on)

Edit: The Petite and Flat 5.3s will be full bodies. No more add-ons. 

"but the Petite 5.3 and Flat 5.3 do not need add-ons, correct?"
"right - it will beall one peice like when we added on the hands and feet"

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Directly from the CSR:

Redelivering Petite will get you Lara 5 Petite and Lara X Petite (full body, not add-on)
Redelivering Flat will get you Lara 5 Flat and Lara X Flat (full body, not add-on)

Did she say anything about the "updates to Lara, that were rumoured, as opposed to "Laura X will be separate?

If they are messing with Lara too, we're back where we started this train wreck.

46 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Creators are already dropping Lara, as popular as it still is when I was doing my weekend sales shopping yesterday I noticed everything I was interested in didn't include Lara. Saved me a lot of money. It was mostly Lagacy/Reborn, Lagacy is a nonstarter for me and I'd be very reluctant to go Reborn as I'm not overly keen on the shape 

I've seen the occasional thing with no Maitreya support but it isn't something that has affected me yet, not encountered anything I wanted that had no Maitreya size.

Then again I'm not really into shopping events so I don't see the latest trends, have encountered a few things in weekly sales that surprised me with their lack of Maitreya support though.

I've had no desire to change from what I have heard, I don't like what I hear about Legacy, their HUD and their history. I don't particularly like the look of Reborn either, just doesn't work for me so the thought of losing Maitreya would leave me pretty unhappy, I'm glad they're still releasing updates and maybe addressing some of the problems creators have had.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I'd have been ok with "We decided to make Lara a sister with a fatter ass and skinnier arms and weird shoulders, welcome to Laura 5.4", I might even have bought a copy, just for the hell of it.

This is what they did. Lara 5.3 is still part of the update, but it also includes Lara X. You can continue to wear Lara 5.3 with all your existing clothes. You can choose to wear Lara X with new clothes if you wish. This is no different than having a Belleza Isis, a Freya, a Gen X Classic, a Kupra, a Legacy and a ReBorne body. Some will have more clothes available for them, while others will have less.

You want no change to the body you were using, but other users wanted change. Maitreya waited a long time to make this change, but they also tried to make it as painless as possible by making it free and by keeping the older version available.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Directly from the CSR:

Edit: The Petite and Flat 5.3s will be full bodies. No more add-ons. 

"but the Petite 5.3 and Flat 5.3 do not need add-ons, correct?"
"right - it will beall one peice like when we added on the hands and feet"

Ahhh okay. That's a little... messy. But then again I guess it's no different to how things are now, we were assuming that the integration of Petite/Flat was going to be in the main body but I guess nothing has really changed except Petite is now it's own full body instead of something you use in addition to Lara.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Did she say anything about the "updates to Lara, that were rumoured, as opposed to "Laura X will be separate?

If they are messing with Lara too, we're back where we started this train wreck.

Lara X is the update. From my understanding reading the Discord, Facebook, and group chats, Lara 5.3 isn't changing at all. It's just being included in the box (I suppose for new buyers of Lara X) so we can continue to wear our old wardrobes.

The current Lara Petite 5.3 and Lara Flat 5.3 add-ons can be redelivered once this is ready, which will give you Lara Petite/Flat 5.3 (the addon now incorporated into a full 5.3 body) and Lara X Petite/Flat (same thing - new body with the petite/flat addon molded on the new Lara X).

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have to say I appreciate Maitreya representatives and the brand trying to make the change more comfortable for the users. There's a lot of uproar right now in different discussion groups, understandably, but I think it will be okay. At least, in comparison with some other transitions from other body brands, so far it looks like a brighter future hehe.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

In the Maitreya Lara Friends group the seamless switching has been explained by the CSR as easily switching between bodies using the change outfit function in the viewer. These are separate bodies.

Got it. That's an interesting definition of seamless but addresses all the issues people had raised in the only possible way.

Going to be an interesting transition period, updating content to LaraX is obviously going to be what the customers want but I can hear the creators sighs already.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Ahhh okay. That's a little... messy. But then again I guess it's no different to how things are now, we were assuming that the integration of Petite/Flat was going to be in the main body but I guess nothing has really changed except Petite is now it's own full body instead of something you use in addition to Lara.

Yup, if this is accurate, it sounds like it's going to basically result in 6 separate bodies to wear if you have all addons. I would've rather they'd gone the Erika route and built the chests into the main HUD as options, but perhaps that's more fiddly or glitchy behind the scenes. It's fine though. I only wear Lara 5.3 and Lara Flat 5.3 on rare occasion, so I can make do with swapping 4 bodies around lol.

The whole "easy swap" thing was in reference to using your different bodies to create Outfits for easy switching between your 5.3 wardrobe and X wardrobe, I believe.

• Like 1

Personally, I don't care if any creator updates previous releases to include X. Of course that would be a bonus, but I like shopping. I like new. So if I do want to wear something old I still have my 5.3. But I'm excited to get into X and buy new clothes. I'm also hoping that since the new DEV kit makes rigging so much easier that we may see a better variety of clothing for X than we're currently seeing for 5.3. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

You want no change to the body you were using, but other users wanted change. Maitreya waited a long time to make this change, but they also tried to make it as painless as possible by making it free and by keeping the older version available.

Wrong, I want no "break all existing content" changes, like f**king with the shoulders, f**king with the arms, f**king with the position of the crotch, f**king with the size of the ass and hips, f**king with the entire skeletal rig, which is what early reports suggested we were getting.

And "we are deprecating the version you have and all content for it, we include an deprecated version for now, but CONVERT OR DIE" is EXACTLY the same screw all our customers crap, that Over-Priced-Feet Inc pulled with ReSux, it's a slap in the face.

Still not happy with any of this.

If some people wanted a lara with a sslightly bigger ass, weird shouldersm weird arms, weird legs, and a rig that's totally incompatible with ALL Lara clothing, they should have bought a Lagezza GenFail body with the self inverting anti-bento-tail stunt crotch, you know, the one that almost nobody bought?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yup, if this is accurate, it sounds like it's going to basically result in 6 separate bodies to wear if you have all addons. I would've rather they'd gone the Erika route and built the chests into the main HUD as options, but perhaps that's more fiddly or glitchy behind the scenes. It's fine though. I only wear Lara 5.3 and Lara Flat 5.3 on rare occasion, so I can make do with swapping 4 bodies around lol.

The whole "easy swap" thing was in reference to using your different bodies to create Outfits for easy switching between your 5.3 wardrobe and X wardrobe, I believe.

From what I hear the 5.3 that will be included will be a 5.3 with Petite/Flat integrated? so not 6 separate bodies. Who knows... we'll find out soon enough I suppose.

Edited by AmeliaJ08

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

The hud would probably run into a lot of crash problems, as it crashes at times with what it has in it now.. I don't think they could add much more to that hud and  not run into problems..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Wrong, I want no "break all existing content" changes, like f**king with the shoulders, f**king with the arms, f**king with the position of the crotch, f**king with the size of the ass and hips, f**king with the entire skeletal rig, which is what early reports suggested we were getting.

And "we are deprecating the version you have and all content for it, we include an deprecated version for now, but CONVERT OR DIE" is EXACTLY the same screw all our customers crap, that Over-Priced-Feet Inc pulled with ReSux, it's a slap in the face.

Still not happy with any of this.

If some people wanted a lara with a sslightly bigger ass, weird shouldersm weird arms, weird legs, and a rig that's totally incompatible with ALL Lara clothing, they should have bought a Lagezza GenFail body with the self inverting anti-bento-tail stunt crotch, you know, the one that almost nobody bought?

It sounds like you want nothing to change ever and I don't think that's realistic.

Nothing is broken by you using the 5.3 compatible body with content that doesn't work with X. The alternative to all of this saying 5.3 is final, no changes ever, "sorry about all the glitches and annoyances that you all moan about constantly but we can't ever change it"

I just don't really see what is wrong here, they're updating the body for free and the 5.3 body remains for content that requires it.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The hud would probably run into a lot of crash problems, as it crashes at times with what it has in it now.. I don't think they could add much more to that hud and  not run into problems..

I was hoping for more stuff integrated into the HUD! the BOM add on parts for example, I always forget they exist. It'd be nice if they were always worn and could be toggled with the HUD.

• Like 1

Just now, Fionalein said:

Nothing ... aside the whole market.

How exactly? the market remains, the body remains...

I guess I'm just not getting the point. If clothing requires Lara 5.3 then every Maitreya customer will have a copy of that body they can use to wear it, how does that break the market?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I'll talk to you again in a year, I'm sure you'll find out what I meant soon enough, ...

Anyway I'm out of here, everything that could be said has been said it seems. And by now folks just speculate how this will affect their future...

Edited by Fionalein

3 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

It sounds like you want nothing to change ever and I don't think that's realistic.

Nothing is broken by you using the 5.3 compatible body with content that doesn't work with X. The alternative to all of this saying 5.3 is final, no changes ever, "sorry about all the glitches and annoyances that you all moan about constantly but we can't ever change it"

I just don't really see what is wrong here, they're updating the body for free and the 5.3 body remains for content that requires it.

You've spoken about learning to make content, with Blender and Marv-Des...

First Rule, you do not f**c with the rig of a successful and popular product, breaking all existing content made for that product, and expect no fall out from that, regardless of a noisy minority whining that they don't like the shoulders or want more blubber on the butt.

Imagine if the Car companies announced that due to requests from 3 morons in Wisconsin, they were discontinuing Round Wheels, and that you were welcome to continue using "obsolete" round wheels for as long as existing stocks of round tyres lasted, but then screw you because progress for 3 morons from Wisconsin.

They are NOT "updating Lara for free" they are trying to replace it with a NOT-Lara, that most Lara users never asked for, didn't want and can't use.

And the LAST place we should have heard about this is one skin store many people loath, boasting they will soon sell over priced skins made exclusively for NOT-Lara.

Not-Lara is literally an imitation of the least popular version of one of the grids least popular bodies.

Why alienate your customer base with a "Free downgrade to the enemy product you laughed at because of how awful it was"?

10 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

From what I hear the 5.3 that will be included will be a 5.3 with Petite/Flat integrated? so not 6 separate bodies. Who knows... we'll find out soon enough I suppose.

From my understanding of what the CSR said, Petite 5.3 is now a body. Petite X is a body. Flat 5.3 is a body. Flat X is a body. Lara 5.3 is a body. Lara X is a body.

If you only own Lara 5.3, then you'll just have Lara 5.3 and Lara X to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I guess I'm just not getting the point. If clothing requires Lara 5.3 then every Maitreya customer will have a copy of that body they can use to wear it, how does that break the market?

I think those that rig for the main popular bodies and not gotten into the  rigging for 10 bodies.. I think they would rig for the change ups as well, like they were for petite..

Those rigging for ever single new body that comes out, I think put too much on their plate.. Where the ones sticking to a few of the top popular bodies have more time for quality.. So I don't think those creators will have too much problem adding in another version and keeping things  quality..

I'm hoping that's the case..

It's been about 6 or 7 years since  Onyx last talked about an update to the Maitreya body on the flickr comments.. something about the butt or something like that, I forget.. hehehe

There is a good chance that they've been in touch with a lot of content creators about what's coming.. There is probably kits already been handed out and things already made for what's coming.. Heck knows they have an arsenal of creators behind them.. so the update or new body or whatever it is, may go off smoother than we think.. hehehe

:)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Going to be an interesting transition period, updating content to LaraX is obviously going to be what the customers want but I can hear the creators sighs already.

CSRs and riggers in the Blueberry chat were talking about wanting to go on vacation when the new body comes out.

• Haha 5