LaraX?

Rowan Amore

I, for one, am loving the new LaraX!  I am into the slim girl avatar but with some curves!  I tend to spend a lot of time putting together each of my outfits so I save my faves in the outfit gallery.  I use Firestorm so I am not sure if this functionality is available in other viewers.  My plan is to use both Lara 5.3 for my old outfits and LaraX for new outfits and add links for the appropriate body and shape for either one to the outfit based on what the clothing requires.  This way the body is part of the outfit and when I am doing a quick change, I don't have to think about it much.  Just change and go!  

Happy shoppping, everyone! 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

None of that means you need to throw away the clothes you like or that you need to throw away 5.3.  None of it.

You're right, I can just give LardaX the middle finger, and not shop at stores that don't sell stuff in my size.

The #1 brand just tore it's market in half, and a year from now the probable winner will be Reborn, as it does the 'curvier' thing way better than LardaX.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I am concerned about your reading comprehension. The messaging from Maitreya has been very clearly Use Lara 5.3 and move over in your own time.

It's the creators saying that rigging for Lara X is leaps & bounds better than the original weights of Lara and that they don't have time for that mess anymore. 

It will be Maitreya creators who dictate how soon we will have to move over if one wishes to stay current with sales. In that regard Maitreya has little control and personally I think Maitreya could have done a little more with both the body and hud to make LaraX more enticing. I like the flatter tummy but it is easily fixed with the deformers out there that I already have. The switch to LaraX is really just for the creators, not the people using it. I see little reason to make the switch for other than the sales out there are likely to focus on the LaraX.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The switch to LaraX is really just for the creators, not the people using it.

Completely false. Perhaps you are not as aware of the changes in the anatomy that make the body so much more beautiful. But they are there. Do you see the differences if you're clear across a region? Probably not. But come this summer when we're wearing less clothing those differences are going to be very apparent.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It will be Maitreya creators who dictate how soon we will have to move over if one wishes to stay current with sales. In that regard Maitreya has little control and personally I think Maitreya could have done a little more with both the body and hud to make LaraX more enticing. I like the flatter tummy but it is easily fixed with the deformers out there that I already have. The switch to LaraX is really just for the creators, not the people using it. I see little reason to make the switch for other than the sales out there are likely to focus on the LaraX.

One of things I like about the full-price Kalhene Erika body is the number of deformers for various areas of the body. I'm not an expert in this area, so I ask: if Maitreya does not offer these kinds of deformers, does anybody else? Perhaps there is a market here for LaraX deformers (for example, to remove the butt dimples, perhaps?). Like I said, I'm not an expert, so I'd like to learn more about the body deformer market.

Somebody posted the before-and-after pictures of the effect of the shoulder deformers on the LaraX body, and I have a question: do these sort of deformers also affect the clothing as well as the body? I assume they do, but like I said, clueless about all this. Thanks.

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 1

Just now, Vanity Fair said:

One of things I like about the full-price Kalhene Erika body is the number of deformers for various areas of the body. I'm not an expert in this area, so I ask: if Maitreya does not offer these kinds of deformers, does anybody else? Perhaps there is a market here for LaraX deformers (for example, to remove the butt dimples, perhaps?). Like I said, I'm not an expert, so I'd like to learn more about the body deformer market.

There are lots of deformers on the market that work with either Lara 5.3 or LaraX or PetiteX. I used many to be honest before switching to LaraX. I don't need any of them now.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

There are lots of deformers on the market that work with either Lara 5.3 or LaraX or PetiteX. I used many to be honest before switching to LaraX. I don't need any of them now.

Thanks, Blush!

Is there a list of stores that make and sell Lara/LaraX body deformers anywhere?

And I assume that just because a body deformer works for Lara, it might not work for LaraX, since the mesh is somewhat different, right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Thanks, Blush!

Is there a list of stores that make and sell Lara/LaraX body deformers anywhere?

And I assume that just because a body deformer works for Lara, it might not work for LaraX, since the mesh is somewhat different, right?

I can't get inworld at the moment, Thanksgivings festivities, but once I'm back home, I'll post the names of the ones I used to use. I have tried them though to see if they still functioned with the X sizes, and they have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Completely false. Perhaps you are not as aware of the changes in the anatomy that make the body so much more beautiful. But they are there. Do you see the differences if you're clear across a region? Probably not. But come this summer when we're wearing less clothing those differences are going to be very apparent.

The changes that are important to me are already rectified by one or two deformers, the rest of the changes are not so important to me that it required a totally new body and wardrobe along with all the attendant accessories I will need to buy to make the switch. YMMV and that's fine but for me I will be resistant to having to buy for what amounts to a new body with only minimal but yet important changes.

8 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Sure there are a number of deformer creators out there whose products work on the Maitreya body though with each, a particular deformer is a bit of a hit or miss as to whether it works with a specific body.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Thanks, Blush!

They will work for any body really.. You can use reborn deformers with maitreya bodies and so on..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Thanks, Blush!

Most deformers I've used, I use on multiple bodies. I think the only ones that might be tricky would be trying to use the ones made for Reborn on something like a Lara. I like Avatar Clinic's backside deformers, and the Aspire shoulder ones. 

Edited to Add: The Pretty Liars deformers are very popular and body specific, but they have a timed demo and I can't be bothered. 

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 1

I had forgotten I still had mine on for Blush when I first put LaraX on. I noticed that her shoulders were too sloped and that her stomach way too caved in. As soon as I removed the deformers I was happy with my shape in LaraX. No need for me to use up attachment slots for deformers!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

I had forgotten I still had mine on for Blush when I first put LaraX on. I noticed that her shoulders were too sloped and that her stomach way too caved in. As soon as I removed the deformers I was happy with my shape in LaraX. No need for me to use up attachment slots for deformers!

It would have been more impressive had Maitreya made the new body Modify so one could link the deformers and some other things as well the Stick feature so one could add specific names to them. That would have made the switch much more attractive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It would have been more impressive had Maitreya made the new body Modify so one could link the deformers and some other things as well the Stick feature so one could add specific names to them. That would have made the switch much more attractive.

I have absolutely no need for the body to be mod. I can understand why some might want that, but I think it's unreasonable to try and dictate to a creator how they should market their creations.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I have absolutely no need for the body to be mod. I can understand why some might want that, but I think it's unreasonable to try and dictate to a creator how they should market their creations.

For me it really doesn't matter if they are mod or not.. I'm sure there are many that that is important.. But it really never stopped me from buying a body..

I don't think I dive into them that deep..  I'm sure there is lots of neat things they can do with that feature, but most times I just shape and go.. hehehe

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

No less unreasonable than dictating to a customer what feature set or lack of should warrant the purchase or continued use of their creation(s). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

None of that means you need to throw away the clothes you like or that you need to throw away 5.3.  None of it.

I figure I'll wear both and switch. I already switch to Legacy and GenX sometimes. And I like retro styles; it's hard for your clothes to go out of style when they've been out of style since before you were RL born! *guy taps head meme*

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Finally got inworld to check out the body for myself.  Other than increasing love handles and leg muscles, I didn't have to do much tweaking.  I still have a flat butt.  A little bummed that necklaces don't fit right, but I only recently decided to add jewelry to my inventory, so I don't have much to replace.  

I am sure everyone knew I would find something in black to get. No deformers at this time.

image.thumb.png.c3154815e61e71f28b57fc4eb66dc90c.png

image.thumb.png.1ecff1f5da8539d3c0a90b09c6d26a09.png

• Like 12

49 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Somebody posted the before-and-after pictures of the effect of the shoulder deformers on the LaraX body, and I have a question: do these sort of deformers also affect the clothing as well as the body? I assume they do, but like I said, clueless about all this. Thanks.

The only one I found I needed with the Lara X (and I've never used deformers before) was the thigh gap. Once I had my shape all done (thanks everyone!) I found the thighs are uncomfortably close. I used the 2/6 strength and it looks amazing.

One (two?) minute demo here ... https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Avatar-Clinic-Legs-Enhancers-Thigh-Gap-DEMO/19361121

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

I figure I'll wear both and switch. I already switch to Legacy and GenX sometimes. And I like retro styles; it's hard for your clothes to go out of style when they've been out of style since before you were RL born! *guy taps head meme*

Retro/vintage is one of the markets I expect to take a leeetttle bit of time to jump on LaraX, but I'm super excited for that. LaraX is going to look fantastic in 30s-50s outfits and evening wear, omg.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

Amazing fashions never go out of style. Ask any guy who's seen Kat in a classic pencil skirt ;)

8c7dc574460235f7629f346d90b11930-3674800763.jpg.19df473610ffd7dc0b4cf14ecebad8ef.jpg

(^^ Not a pencil skirt, obviously, just classic fashion on a redhead. The fact it's being worn by Christina Hendricks does not hurt one bit, either.)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 5