LaraX?

Rowan Amore

14 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Based on breast size and shape that's the Petite body?

Here is the exact same shape, except I did reduce stomach size from 4 to zero, on the LaraX.

LXside.thumb.png.61d3de6ac10639335181a1a95d96b079.png

LXfront.thumb.png.d81581a4c6893529323d9c3b8e678971.png

And I have not used any deformers to achieve this shape.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Here is the exact same shape, except I did reduce stomach size from 4 to zero, on the LaraX.

LXside.thumb.png.61d3de6ac10639335181a1a95d96b079.png

LXfront.thumb.png.d81581a4c6893529323d9c3b8e678971.png

And I have not used any deformers to achieve this shape.

This, and other pics showing it is possible, is only making me feel like a total day one noob again.

Thank you though, I'll keep kicking my monitor until i get it right.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

This, and other pics showing it is possible, is only making me feel like a total day one noob again.

Thank you though, I'll keep kicking my monitor until i get it right.

Don't feel that way!!! I've had the body awhile learning how it responds to the sliders. You will get it! And remember my offer. I'd be happy to help after Thanksgivings.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Then I am doing some majorly wrong because I can't even get my belly that flat from the side.

It's the hip length.  It's sort of like squishing a balloon.  If you pinch a balloon (shorten hips) the balloon (your butt) squishes outward.  Longer hips will give you an overall sleeker look, front and side.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

In retrospect, I think my (and others) initial reactions of underwhelment are perhaps a little harsh.

I've been doing some playing around and I like the new body, but have little or nothing to wear currently.

I will take the LaraX as a NEW body, where some things I will get for free (re-delivered updates from v5.3) and new clothing and items purchased with LaraX in mind.

Overall I like it now. For some reason I'd previously been hoping it would just switch in as a Replace -Links replacement for the old, but better and improved.

The reality is I am happy with a new body, but v5.3 outfits will live on as if nothing's happened.

• Like 9

I like the shoulders and armpits a lot. Poses with lifted arms has improved. The size of the butt and hips look okay for me. I could make the hips slimmer, but I think that is enough now. This will be the bikini body and the body for strapless/thin straps dresses.

I will use 5.3 for all the clothes that will not be updated, and that means 5.3 will be my main body until I get tired of the old inventory. I could already delete some old jeans and casual clothes that does not have so good textures, I will see how it goes.

I have some vintage clothes that I will keep anyway. I can't see myself delete 5.3, it is so much gachas and other items I have that was Lara only.

laraxx.jpg

larax.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a few words
  • Like 14

Thanks to @Blush Bravin, @Dorientje Woller, @Rowan Amore, @Orwar and others I've finally made some progress. I think now just little tweaks to get it exactly how I want but much better now. Thanks very much.

I also did go and buy that thigh gap fix, it's so much better looking with that added (not shown in pics). Tattoo on my left side blurred out. Sorry, redhead's need their secrets. :)

progress-larax-post.thumb.jpg.1cb6f032eb0cb175bdd5fd560895fcc2.jpg

progress-larax-2-post.thumb.jpg.563c669ee05ebf0283c3b8e4a7c958fe.jpg

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm still using a shoulder kit deformer from (Small).

With shoulder deformer to the left, default shoulders to the right.

The skin is Venus on the first image. It comes in different versions, I use Skinny.

laraxxx.thumb.jpg.6e7aa0e6aab8ee185ff694fac512afa9.jpg

The layer Porcelain that comes with LaraX on the second image. You may see a difference in the clavicle bone where I use the deformer to bring the shoulders down? I use L2 here.

laraxxxx.thumb.jpg.691cf8a0a6a4f315dfbd6dfbb9d65619.jpg

But this deformer in the third and last image below is L1. The clavicle bone looks almost the same and the shoulders is just a tiny bit lower. A very small effect.

laraxxxxx.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
typos and added a few words to clarify
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I ran into a huge prolem when i was messin wiff dis body.. 30 minutes in I hadda go pee and was like, Howm I posed ta go pee wiff no verginer?! \o/

So I had to poof back in my 5.3 for like 10 minutes..

Maybe that essplains the poofy bellies, swollen bladders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I got two avatars with maitreya and will compare them side by side later tonite but if it involves pushing my face close to the screen to notice the differences then I am staying with 5.3.  I have a ton of clothes anyway.  I am a guy with female avatars so i dont need to continually buy clothes.  😘

Edited by ballparkdogg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I'm sure V-Tech will update it, all the popular mods will release updates I'm positive.

Unlikely. Creator's take on Maitreya can be be found on store's flickr. TL:DR version: Maitreya ignored him for years, he didn't/doesn't even have an official devkit, and he finally got fed up with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

Unlikely. Creator's take on Maitreya can be be found on store's flickr. TL:DR version: Maitreya ignored him for years, he didn't/doesn't even have an official devkit, and he finally got fed up with it.

Oh well, it's an impressive product and I'm pretty sure abandoning it will just mean that the official Lara X Flat takes over from where it leaves off. AFAIK Lara 5.3 Flat never really made the same impact but there was always that competition from V-Tech.

It's not surprising that Maitreya don't really want the competition though.

• Like 2

So glad to see the Ison top from Dubai even is already updated with LaraX & LaraX Petite! I'm wearing the Legacy pants, and yes, the shape is quite close, although the rigging is just different enough that you need to use alpha slices. That's good news for us who are waiting for more pants to be available. This was my Legacy shape with very little changes.

image.thumb.png.7968ae5f4cbd558dc210f751cf519c38.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Oh well, it's an impressive product and I'm pretty sure abandoning it will just mean that the official Lara X Flat takes over from where it leaves off. AFAIK Lara 5.3 Flat never really made the same impact but there was always that competition from V-Tech.

It's not surprising that Maitreya don't really want the competition though.

V-tech was available years before Maitreya flat, and if anything it did help a lot with its popularity for people who wanted such look. So in my opinion there're no redeeming factors for Maitreya in this case, not even one. Maitreya's (and its users) loss. I don't and never did use either V-Tech of flat mods myself, but I like some of his clothing quite a lot.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 7:51 PM, Vanity Fair said:

I'd say about 50% of your wardriobe won't work with LaraX, though. 

I've now figured out the reasoning behind updating heads and bodies............. to keep the skin/makeup/clothing creators in business, because now we have to buy all of it new again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Given my reduced time inworld these days and how little I've been shopping lately, I may just stay with my current Lara & clothes for quite a long while.  I already have more clothes than I could wear in a few years, even if I never re-wore anything.  I'm not sure I can justify throwing out all of the stuff I already have that I have not even worn yet.

• Like 3