Teegle Dog getting stuck under the floor.

MissV82

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone else had this issue. My Dog keeps getting stuck under the floor of my house. I am not sure how to fix this. I can walk just fine in my house, however, my dog seems to fall under the floor in different spots. 

23 minutes ago, MissV82 said:

Has anyone else had this issue. My Dog keeps getting stuck under the floor of my house. I am not sure how to fix this. I can walk just fine in my house, however, my dog seems to fall under the floor in different spots. 

Yes, mine gets stuck under the floor of my house too. No idea how to fix it.

Just wanted to mention that if the floor prim doesn't work it COULD be where the walls meet the floor. You can actually SEE this (in Firestorm any way.

The "eye" icon is a toggle and you can turn on the physics visibility and see where the gaps are.  If it is perfect it is likely all blue (there are other colors but blue is the most common).  I had my kitty walking through the bottom of the walls and ending up underneath the house.   

PS: You need to SELECT THE HOUSE before toggling (naturally) :D 

image.thumb.png.ec0a580780d48cada8fe1f536ff44c11.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MissV82 said:

Try a 100% transparent (invisible) prim on or just under your floor (stretch it to the size of your floor). That might do the trick too.
My guess: it is hard to rezz objects in your house too.

Added: I see now (after a good night rest) that Rowan had the solution already in a previous post.
Sorry, I should have read the thread more carefully before posting.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Try a 100% transparent (invisible) prim on or just under your floor (stretch it to the size of your floor). That might do the trick too.
My guess: it is hard to rezz objects in your house too.

Yes it is!! Thank you!!

Best make the physics prim really thick, stretching all the way into the floor. Sometimes HAVOC tunnels through thin boundaries. Most mesh physics have no volume, your dog however has a sphere or a cube prim linked to it - those have a volume. Volumes are not allowed to overlap. If your dog tunnels through a mesh physics floor it will drop through it, if your dog however tunnels into a prim it will be pushed out again.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Best make the physics prim really thick, stretching all the way into the floor. Sometimes HAVOC tunnels through thin boundaries. Most mesh physics have no volume, your dog however has a sphere or a cube prim linked to it - those have a volume. Volumes are not allowed to overlap. If your dog tunnels through a mesh physics floor i will drop through it, if your dog however tunnels into a prim it will be pushed out again.

If you have void spaces (i.e. a gap between your house and the land), you should make the invisible prims big thick enough that they can completely fill that void. Sometimes the physics engine/scripts sensing a void will think "I'm here" (inside house); "I can fit there" (under the house) and they'll miss something like a wall or thin floor that would block that move. I have invisible blocks called "catproofing" in certain places at my houses. My cat still occasionally ends up outside even though there's no theoretical way it should be able to get there but I accept that as realistic cat behavior.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rasterscan said:

mesh floors eh. Sometimes nothing beats an old fashioned prim. Speshully on a mesh floor !

The things I make always have a prim floor.
But I still advertise them 100% mesh because:
- a prim is technically a mesh too 
- Some people think it is an inferior build if it is advertised "partly mesh".

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

- Some people think it is an inferior build if it is advertised "partly mesh".

I'm the other way around, I get suspicious when I see '100% mesh'. It usually means that the physics model is going to suck.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.